95% blockage

markx15

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 12:12 pm
@Drnaline,
I'll tell her, just don't go overboard on the chocolate!
Drnaline

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Can't stand pimples either so not much chance of that, LOL.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 05:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Glad your okay, that percentage baffels my mind. I might have trouble believing it if my dad didn't have 98% blockage. Hope you didn't get a medicated stint
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 11:31 am
@Drnaline,
There estimate was 95 to 98 to be exact. So very similar to the extent of the medicated stint.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:19 pm
@Drnaline,
I hope you are recovering nicely! One doesn't learn anything if not challenged, so it is nice to have you around.
On the subject of heart disease, they are in the process of breeching a revolutionary treatment. It will hopefully completely cure heart disease in the near future.
In the early 1980's an elderly Italian man came down from his mountain village to see a local town docter. This doctor was associated with the university of Milan. The elderly man was not seeing the doctor for heart problems. How ever in the course of a blood work up, the doctor saw that the elderly mans cholesteral was through the roof. The doctor was convinced by the blood tests that the elderly man must have rampant heart disease, and so he orded tests. What he found was mystifing. The elderly mans arteries were clear. There was no build up what so ever of any plaque or anything. They ran multiple tests , but the reason for the lack of heart disease was beyond the current technologies of the time to detect. The elderly mans relatives were also tested and all were found to have the same amazingly clear arteries in spite of high cholesteral and other heart disease factors.
Fast forward to 2005, The human genome project, gene therapy, revoltionary mapping of DNA etc... now the technology has caught up and the italian doctors and University of Milan have taken another crack at it. It turns out that everyone in that elderly mans family that is descended from a man born in 1790, has the same genetic mutation. The mutation produces a form of cholesteral that does not cause build up of plaque but in turn strips it away from the arteries. They have successfully bio-engineered a artificial form of the mutant cholesteral and have tested it on rats with amazing results. Rats engineered to have heart disease and all the symptoms of it, given gene therapy with the mutant form of the cholesteral have shown that not only does it stop heart disease but it reverses it. Human trials have proven just as successful, with no known side effects. The body recognizes the mutant cholesteral as just cholesteral, thus no side effects. There are articles all over the news about it. Just do a search. It's amazing.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 03:25 pm
@Drnaline,
I found a link here:

Manufactured Gene Could Wipe Out Heart Disease - HealthWatchNews Story - WCAU | Philadelphia
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:40 pm
@Drnaline,
Wow, thanks alot. Been out of commission for about a week but i'm back. Thanks again for the support.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:02 pm
@markx15,
I didn't see this thread until tonight. I'm glad you're OK Dr. Naline.

My prayers are with you.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:47 pm
@Drnaline,
Ain't no Dr. The handle is abbreviated for Adrenaline. Thanks for the prayers, never to shy of those!!!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 07:50 pm
@Drnaline,
I just saw this thread now too. Hope you're doing better.

How many times have people mistaken you for a doctor? I've seen other people around here call you that at least once or twice.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 08:05 pm
@Drnaline,
To many to count. Maybe the handle plus the title underneith is too misleading? I think it's time for a change.
0 Replies