Pelosi's thoughts on cleaning house.

Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:30 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6785 wrote:
All I can find is ABSCAM.:dunno:

the Los Angeles Times reported how the ranking member on the defense appropriations subcommittee has a brother, Robert Murtha, whose lobbying firm represents 10 companies that received more than $20 million from last year's defense spending bill. "Clients of the lobbying firm KSA Consulting -- whose top officials also include former congressional aide Carmen V. Scialabba, who worked for Rep. Murtha as a congressional aide for 27 years -- received a total of $20.8 million from the bill," the L.A. Times reported.

In early 2004, according to Roll Call, Mr. Murtha "reportedly leaned on U.S. Navy officials to sign a contract to transfer the Hunters Point Shipyard to the city of San Francisco." Laurence Pelosi, nephew of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, at the time was an executive of the company which owned the rights to the land. The same article also reported how Mr. Murtha has been behind millions of dollars worth of earmarks in defense appropriations bills that went to companies owned by the children of fellow Pennsylvania Democrat, Rep. Paul Kanjorski. Meanwhile, the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan campaign-finance watchdog group, lists Mr. Murtha as the top recipient of defense industry dollars in the current 2006 election cycle.

You must not be looking very hard, I found these on my first search/click.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:48 pm
@Drnaline,
What does " reportedly leaned on" mean? Did he threaten someone?Very Happy

No wonder I didn't find this stuff. I'm looking for something substancial.

What did the House Ethics Committee say about this?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:58 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6801 wrote:
What does " reportedly leaned on" mean? Did he threaten someone?Very Happy

No wonder I didn't find this stuff. I'm looking for something substancial.

What did the House Ethics Committee say about this?

I'm sure if you conduct a more extensive search you may be able to find out more of what you question. I'll not substanciate there claims.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:36 pm
@Drnaline,
YouDontKnowJack.org
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:47 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6826 wrote:

I read that this afternoon and watched the tape. It's kind of boring and doesn't show Murtha taking any money. He was never convicted of anything.

ABSCAM is nothing but the power of suggestion.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:34 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6827 wrote:
I read that this afternoon and watched the tape. It's kind of boring and doesn't show Murtha taking any money. He was never convicted of anything.

ABSCAM is nothing but the power of suggestion.
Funny you can pass on some things and go gang buster on others? Does it not make you wonder why he was the only one not presecuted? Not taking any money doesn't make it not illegal. Did you see the original clip or the whole FBI tape? Power of suggestion, LOL. There need be no suggestion, i'll take it for every word HE said. Would you like to se a transcript?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:38 am
@Drnaline,
For some one so critical of repugs you sure are willing to let your corruption to go on and on. Ethics play no part in your politics, no wonder you guys don't step down. You don't think there doing any thing wrong. Then you wonder why you end up in prison.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:54 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6835 wrote:
Funny you can pass on some things and go gang buster on others? Does it not make you wonder why he was the only one not presecuted? Not taking any money doesn't make it not illegal. Did you see the original clip or the whole FBI tape? Power of suggestion, LOL. There need be no suggestion, i'll take it for every word HE said. Would you like to se a transcript?

I've seen the transcripts .

He wasn't convicted of anything. Innocent until proven guilty.Very Happy

His only guilt is public opinion.If the Ethics Committee didn't find any wrongdoing, that's enough for me.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:58 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6840 wrote:
I've seen the transcripts .

He wasn't convicted of anything. Innocent until proven guilty.Very Happy

His only guilt is public opinion.If the Ethics Committee didn't find any wrongdoing, that's enough for me.
So in your mind he did not commit a crime? So is Bush innocent untill proven guilty? What about Rummy? Double standard? Your denial is hipocritical at the very least.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:20 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6842 wrote:
So in your mind he did not commit a crime? So is Bush innocent untill proven guilty? What about Rummy? Double standard? Your denial is hipocritical at the very least.

Have dumb and dumber been investigated by the Ethics Committee? The jury is still out on these 2 idiots. Now that the Democrats have supeona power anything is possible.

Murtha wasn't charged because of a lack of evidence, end of story.

Why would it matter what position Murtha holds anyway?

I'd be more concerned about a racist holding a position of power than someone who allegedly was on the take.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:17 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Oh well, Murtha didn't get the nod anyway. On to more important issues.:thumbup:
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:22 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6843 wrote:
Have dumb and dumber been investigated by the Ethics Committee? The jury is still out on these 2 idiots. Now that the Democrats have supeona power anything is possible.

I'd be more concerned about a racist holding a position of power than someone who allegedly was on the take.
Quote:
Have dumb and dumber been investigated by the Ethics Committee?

Who cares. I'd be more worried about the FBI or cops then any committee.
Quote:
The jury is still out on these 2 idiots. Now that the Democrats have supeona power anything is possible.

What does supeona power do for them, you can always plead the fifth if you did something wrong or make a deal like Murhta did.
Quote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Maybe you should take a few law courses.
Quote:

Because he is a crook. How do you figure pelosi is cleaning house like she said she was gonna do when in fact she is placing bigger crooks then the ones that got booted out?
Quote:

So what's your opinion of KKK Bird? You amaze me in the amount your willing to let slide for your side.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:23 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6849 wrote:
Oh well, Murtha didn't get the nod anyway. On to more important issues.:thumbup:

Yup, he lost big time, i guess Oleo was right. For a change.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:41 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6864 wrote:
Who cares. I'd be more worried about the FBI or cops then any committee.

What does supeona power do for them, you can always plead the fifth if you did something wrong or make a deal like Murhta did.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Maybe you should take a few law courses.

Because he is a crook. How do you figure pelosi is cleaning house like she said she was gonna do when in fact she is placing bigger crooks then the ones that got booted out?

So what's your opinion of KKK Bird? You amaze me in the amount your willing to let slide for your side.

Your problem is you have picked a side. You see nothing wrong with your party.

Murthas defeat has an up side to it. It shows Pelosi can't push her personal agenda through like a lot of people thought.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:43 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6872 wrote:

Murthas defeat has an up side to it. It shows Pelosi can't push her personal agenda through like a lot of people thought.
Quote:

We must be two pee's in a pod then. I see the same thing in you.
Quote:
Murthas defeat has an up side to it. It shows Pelosi can't push her personal agenda through like a lot of people thought

Agreed.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:50 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6873 wrote:
We must be two pee's in a pod then. I see the same thing in you.

Agreed.

My party only has 2 canidates that were elected this time around.

As soon as I see the Democrats screw up I'll be on their case too.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:53 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6876 wrote:
My party only has 2 canidates that were elected this time around.

As soon as I see the Democrats screw up I'll be on their case too.

I'm not talking about your affiliation. I'm talking about your point of view. Your on one side i'm on the other. Even if a dem did screw up i think youd not say much if any thing.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6877 wrote:
I'm not talking about your affiliation. I'm talking about your point of view. Your on one side i'm on the other. Even if a dem did screw up i think youd not say much if any thing.

That's the problem with our system.Everybody thinks they have to pick a side.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:02 pm
@Drnaline,
Live or die, which side do you pick.
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:08 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6797 wrote:
I aggree.

I do too.. Nobody is perfect!!!!