Chief Justice Roberts

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:20 am
78-22
Sep 29 2005 02:54 PM

By TimChapman

Confirmed!

Chief Justice Roberts...

Conservatives on the Hill are optimistic. 78 votes is more than expected. This will allow Bush greater latitude on his next pick.

It was interesting to note that all four 2008 Democratic Presidential prospects-- Kerry, Hillary, Biden and Bayh -- voted against Roberts.

Bayh, a supposed moderate and one of the home state senators who introduced Roberts before the committee, could not resist the siren call of MoveON, NARAL, NOW and others.

That tells you alot about who runs the Democratic party.

I can hardly wait to see who dubya pics next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,364 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Yes , I , too , am curious about the next pick . Many think it should be a female or a minority . I don't think that is a must , but there are some good choices being tossed around . Sadly , some of them fit that description but are not considered viable by the Dems .
Seems they don't like to see Blacks or Hispanics succeed unless they are Democrats !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 01:48 pm
@Drnaline,
That's a good one. "Seems they don't like to see Blacks or Hispanics succeed unless they are Democrats !" I laugh at there supposed dismay with Bushs pics. They also like to imply bush is prejudice yet they have less deversified politicians/subordinants reaching there lofty heights. I don't care if it's guy, girl, hispanic or not. I just want them to adhear to the constitution and not there idea of it!
0 Replies