Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 11:27 am
A friend of mine believes that since there is more black people in jail (in the USA)then whites that it means its all part of the system to enslave blacks. just wanted to see some opinions on this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,156 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 06:56 pm
@Warfire80,
They aren't in jail because they are black, they are in jail because they broke the law.
0 Replies

Warfire80

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 08:24 pm
@Warfire80,
but he believes the courts show leniency towards white compared to blacks, this just boggles my mind and I do not want to believe "the system" is in place
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2005 09:18 pm
@Warfire80,
well prove some **** to me, and i might believe it.

But more blacks are criminals, period. It's just like the "abort black babies, crime decreases" comment...
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:23 pm
@Warfire80,
There is a little bit of fact behind this argument, but in general I don’t believe this is true. In general who can afford better lawyers, whites, so that would explain why a lot of whites do not necessarily always see jail time. And a lot of non violent crimes are committed by whites, which white collar crime punishment, is more leniently.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 10:45 pm
@Warfire80,
Maybe they should stop breaking the law :uhh:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:52 am
@Warfire80,
It is simple - no matter your race , monetary status , location , etc. , you should not break the law . You are just putting yourself in the path of the train , and will get run over ! Those who want to believe the "system" is against them would serve themselves better by using the opportunities offered to all Americans to uplift themselves rather than blaming the "system" for their own failures .
I don't believe we have a conspiracy to put blacks in jail in this country . 18% of the population is responsible for a very large ( much more than 18% ) number of those in jail , why is that?
Brent cv

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 01:28 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
It is simple - no matter your race , monetary status , location , etc. , you should not break the law . You are just putting yourself in the path of the train , and will get run over ! Those who want to believe the "system" is against them would serve themselves better by using the opportunities offered to all Americans to uplift themselves rather than blaming the "system" for their own failures .
I don't believe we have a conspiracy to put blacks in jail in this country . 18% of the population is responsible for a very large ( much more than 18% ) number of those in jail , why is that?

I agree 100%
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 12:02 pm
@Warfire80,
Crime is dominant in poor communities and unfortunately there is more poor black comunities than white, therefore, blacks and other minorities would be more represented in prisons.
I have seen, however, situations where the only explanation I can find is discrimination.
There was a case a while back of a white doctor who went in his office and forgot his child was in the car, the child died. he was given probation as a sentence. Some time passed and a poor hispanic man who was declared mentally retarded went to the track and left his child in the car, the child died. He was sentenced to life in prison. IMO they should've both gone to prison. And I do apologize, I looked and could not find the articles.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:03 pm
@Warfire80,
^ I agree there. They should both be in jail. That's ridiculous.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
@Warfire80,
I , too , agree .
0 Replies