Some agreement in Congress

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 12:31 am
WASHINGTON (AP) -
Quote:

Got it from Breitbart.com

At least there is some bi-partisanship happening.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 938 • Replies: 10
No top replies

crackface mcgee

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:45 am
@Curmudgeon,
Bi-partisan for now. But don't you know that the Democrats will soften up on Ahmadinejad and point fingers at Republicans the minute taking a hard stance against Tehran becomes unpopular?
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:48 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;39130 wrote:
Bi-partisan for now. But don't you know that the Democrats will soften up on Ahmadinejad and point fingers at Republicans the minute taking a hard stance against Tehran becomes unpopular?
They all like playing them games,,one day I hope they will care about what the people want...American people that is.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:15 am
@crackface mcgee,
crackface_mcgee;39130 wrote:

There you go with that "the Dems have a cut-and-run" mentality thing.
We're first all Americans..then we divide into respective parties.
The Dems don't want Iran to have a nuke anymore than Repubs do. We don't want them to dominate Iraq and to try to annihilate Israel.
But we believe in diplomacy rather than pre-emptive strikes, which, will undoubtedly escalate the tensions into a all-out, and perhaps cataclysmic war.
Democrats are not soft...its' just that Republicans are crazy. LOL
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:24 am
@Curmudgeon,
well they did the same thing with Iraq, they never opposed our efforts there until the realized they couldn't win an election
Freeman15

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 11:54 am
@Silverchild79,
I want Iran to have a nuke. It will prevent the US from invading. We allow Pakistan to have nukes, and Musharaff is a dictator on the verge of a coup. Iran won't give billions of dollars worth of research to terrorists, nobody is that fiscally irresponsible or psychotic.

Further, everybody is condemning Ahmadinejad, but did anybody watch his speech? I did, and is message was peaceful and logical.

We tried to keep him out of the United Nations, how petty are we? I oppose the UN, but if we're going to host it, host it with dignity for god's sake. If a nuclear superpower had you surrounded, wouldn't listen to you, and had openly listed you as a member of an "axis of evil", one such member having already been invaded, YOU WOULD SEEK NUCLEAR ARMAMENT TOO. We talk a big game when it comes to "international law", but we defied a UN Security Council veto in the invasion of Iraq (along with violating its charter). You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either international law matters and UN resolutions apply to everybody equally, or they mean nothing. We lack the moral high-ground on these issues, and none of you seem to care.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39190 wrote:
I want Iran to have a nuke. It will prevent the US from invading. We allow Pakistan to have nukes

You're right Clinton did allow them to acquire nukes. Why would you want our options to be limited in any way with dealing with this threat? and why on earth would you think it's a good idea to put a WMD into the hands of a government who says the destruction of Israel is a goal and describes them as a "one nuke conflict". Would you have put WMD in Japan's hands during WWI, what about Hitler?
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 02:08 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39190 wrote:
I want Iran to have a nuke. It will prevent the US from invading. We allow Pakistan to have nukes, and Musharaff is a dictator on the verge of a coup. Iran won't give billions of dollars worth of research to terrorists, nobody is that fiscally irresponsible or psychotic.

Further, everybody is condemning Ahmadinejad, but did anybody watch his speech? I did, and is message was peaceful and logical.

We tried to keep him out of the United Nations, how petty are we? I oppose the UN, but if we're going to host it, host it with dignity for god's sake. If a nuclear superpower had you surrounded, wouldn't listen to you, and had openly listed you as a member of an "axis of evil", one such member having already been invaded, YOU WOULD SEEK NUCLEAR ARMAMENT TOO. We talk a big game when it comes to "international law", but we defied a UN Security Council veto in the invasion of Iraq (along with violating its charter). You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either international law matters and UN resolutions apply to everybody equally, or they mean nothing. We lack the moral high-ground on these issues, and none of you seem to care.
Sure they need nukes like I need my own army..if they want them hell we can send them a couple...boom!
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:47 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;39161 wrote:
There you go with that "the Dems have a cut-and-run" mentality thing.
We're first all Americans..then we divide into respective parties.
The Dems don't want Iran to have a nuke anymore than Repubs do. We don't want them to dominate Iraq and to try to annihilate Israel.
But we believe in diplomacy rather than pre-emptive strikes, which, will undoubtedly escalate the tensions into a all-out, and perhaps cataclysmic war.
Democrats are not soft...its' just that Republicans are crazy. LOL

I think this party thing is a waste of time. At the top it is all the same ball game.
Enjoy your lot in life and hope nothing happens that allows Bush to declare Marshall law. Then it is the same as ever without the fear. But the attacks will come. No matte rwhat else Islam is on th erise and won't bake down on owner ship of the world.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:48 pm
@Silverchild79,
I have to agre with your statements. And seek the same answers.

Silverchild79;39223 wrote:
You're right Clinton did allow them to acquire nukes. Why would you want our options to be limited in any way with dealing with this threat? and why on earth would you think it's a good idea to put a WMD into the hands of a government who says the destruction of Israel is a goal and describes them as a "one nuke conflict". Would you have put WMD in Japan's hands during WWI, what about Hitler?
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:07 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;39223 wrote:

What threat?! Israel is NOT our problem, they have their own nukes and their own military (and they know how to use it), let them defend themsevles. Support for this country (which has been sanctioned NUMEROUS times by the UN) is a direct contribution to anti-American sentiment abroad. Iran is not a threat to the United States, nor have they EVER been. Do you people not understand the principle of hegemonic power?
0 Replies