Twinkies by mail from around the world. Can you help?

quinn1

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:33 am
giggles

thats SOO hysterical...glad she's enjoying it (well, I think at least)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:11 am
Heehee!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 12:26 pm
Well - I'm glad they're all turning up! Should keep her entertained!

She'll be a bit wary of you, now, though SP. She'll be wondering what you'll do next! Twisted Evil

Merry Christmas to all participants
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
Seal, I sent the package this morning. But apparently the law has changed. It is now illegal to send food, baked goods or candy from Canada. No matter is the offending material is homemade or store bought including twinkies that are made in the USA.
I had no idea Canada was so contaminated, next thing you know the border will be wrapped in plastic.

So we will see if it arrives.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:13 pm
Well, tell 'em it's a pair of bath sponges. How are they going to know they aren't?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 08:38 pm
hmmmmmm, well, a set of slightly dented twinkies has just arrived in East York from Mud Sock. They will be transported to Cataraqui tomorrow, where they will somehow be packaged/disguised/mailed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 09:04 pm
East York? Mud Sock? Cataraqui? Nothing less than awesome.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 08:27 am
Well of course we can't have anything from Canada enter the US... even if (especially if) it's re-imported!

I mean, c'mon... I wouldn't trust those tree-hugger peace-lovers to even build a road in Iraq, let alone send Twinkies of Mass Destruction over our border!?!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:32 am
Quote:
SealPoet, there must be a better way to send secret messages than the the Twinkie Connection. For one thing, the filling makes decoding the messages rather sticky. And as for your recruiting someone who left a parcel in the subway ... I do hope that action does not blow everyone's cover. Also, about the Australian agent who had no access to Twinkies so sent chocolate ... I'm sorry to report that A ate the chocolate before I could retrieve the message, so it will not be passed on to my contact here. As for the messages from Pennsylvania and New Mexico, they have now been received by the proper authorities. But the one from RJB covered with 15 cent stamps and which I assumed was local, was consumed by a neighbor's dog. The dog is still at the local veterinarian hospital, but is recovering and expected to live.

Please give this matter your serious consideration.
Sincerely,
C P, MIL

I assured her that the messages would be passed, as they are quite inedible...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:33 am
Well, Rog, not to dis you or anything, but Mudsock is considerably less than awesome . . .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:45 am
But the name . . . !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 11:04 am
Good point, not nearly as common as Springfield, or Lincoln, or some others . . .
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 11:21 am
would YOU eat a Twinkie from Mudsock?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 01:44 pm
Seal, I am going to the P.O. to mail my late package today, assuming it quits pouring for a while. However, I included a card and said hi and said I was a friend of yours. You want me to open it and take that out? Also, she should open the box, even if she is Twinkied out, cause I added a belgian chocolate bar from my fair town in with the reprehensible manufactured pellet bars.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 01:54 pm
Th' cat's out of the bag, osso... Certainly drop her a note! And I'll make sure that her boyfriend doesn't get the chocolate first.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 01:59 pm
Okay!
Also, the rain has quieted. Off to the P.O....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 02:11 pm
No, I would not eat a Twinkie from Mudsock. In fact, I wouldn't eat another Twinkie if it were postmarked Vatican City and blessed by the Pope!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 02:16 pm
Whaddayamean...the cat's out of the bag???

We need more details.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 03:10 pm
roger wrote:
No, I would not eat a Twinkie from Mudsock. In fact, I wouldn't eat another Twinkie if it were postmarked Vatican City and blessed by the Pope!

Do you think I should send his holiness her address? Anyone in Rome reading this?

Cat's out of the bag in that it didn't take her too long to figure out just why she was getting Twinkies by mail, and just who was behind it all...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:00 pm
OK, it's in the mail.... we'll see how long it takes to fly.
0 Replies