Is Homosexuality a Choice?

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:55 pm
@Drnaline,
I think people are born gay. They choose to be gay at sexual maturity. The gay movement hit a stumbling block with the special rights issue. They want to have the same right as heterosexuals, but with the special right of gay unions or marriages. Trying to get the church to accept them is tough, as the concept of gay marriages is frowned upon in every holy book I'm aware of.

The ceremony of a wedding itself is a blessing of god, and nowhere in the book does God bless a gay union or marriage. They may get a bill through to allow it, but even then they have to sway the religious voters. I don't see it as an easy task.

I tend to think that there might be a gene that controls sexual stimulation that didn't develop just right. Gay people don't react to the same sexual stimulation as a heterosexual does. Just my theory.:confused:
ndjs

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:34 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I've never seen any studies on how homosexuals respond to sexual stimulation, so I wouldn't know. Interesting theory though.
0 Replies

Rob cv

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:17 am
@tumbleweed cv,
First of all...as for the topic...homosexuality is a mind set...a choice...a lifestyle decision. The only genetic link involved is whether you have 1 or 2 X chromosomes...that way you can tell what sex matches yours and which one is opposite.

tumbleweed wrote:
I tend to think that there might be a gene that controls sexual stimulation that didn't develop just right. Gay people don't react to the same sexual stimulation as a heterosexual does. Just my theory.:confused:

I would have to say that sexual stimulation is not genetic...but more a mental mind set. If I am with a female I think is repulsive, I won't be able to get it up...and if I do...won't be able to keep it up. The same holds true for gays. If they don't find the opposite sex to be attractive/mentally stimulating...therefore they will not acheive the sensation of arousal. However, if you are say a gay male and do see the female form as a beautiful creation, there is a good chance you will be able to acheive arousal since it is not repulsive to you. Once you get past the mental stage of arousal, the physical stage is the same no matter what orientation you are. You have erogenous zones...that when they receive attention heighten your state of arousal until you reach your plateau.

The same holds true when you are having sex with your partner...if you don't want to go off...you think of something that is not arousing...baseball, turtles, etc...that brings your state of arousal down...and prevents you from climaxing.

The point is...arousal is not DNA based...it is largely a state of mind...combined with some physical stimulation of your erogenous zones. In fact, it is not even completely required to have phyisical stimulation in order to reach a very high level of arousal...it can be acheived simply by thoughts...and thoughts are in no way genetic.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:53 am
@oaktonarcher,
Agreed, specially those i find butt ugly, LOL.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 08:49 am
@Rob cv,
Rob wrote:
First of all...as for the topic...homosexuality is a mind set...a choice...a lifestyle decision. The only genetic link involved is whether you have 1 or 2 X chromosomes...that way you can tell what sex matches yours and which one is opposite.

I would have to say that sexual stimulation is not genetic...but more a mental mind set. If I am with a female I think is repulsive, I won't be able to get it up...and if I do...won't be able to keep it up. The same holds true for gays. If they don't find the opposite sex to be attractive/mentally stimulating...therefore they will not acheive the sensation of arousal. However, if you are say a gay male and do see the female form as a beautiful creation, there is a good chance you will be able to acheive arousal since it is not repulsive to you. Once you get past the mental stage of arousal, the physical stage is the same no matter what orientation you are. You have erogenous zones...that when they receive attention heighten your state of arousal until you reach your plateau.

The same holds true when you are having sex with your partner...if you don't want to go off...you think of something that is not arousing...baseball, turtles, etc...that brings your state of arousal down...and prevents you from climaxing.

The point is...arousal is not DNA based...it is largely a state of mind...combined with some physical stimulation of your erogenous zones. In fact, it is not even completely required to have phyisical stimulation in order to reach a very high level of arousal...it can be acheived simply by thoughts...and thoughts are in no way genetic.

Good point
0 Replies

HOGCALLER

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 06:56 pm
@oaktonarcher,
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 08:46 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I've got a few thoughts on the matter but i think i'll wait and see if oak replys? Not that i wait much in any case. Welcome Hog.
0 Replies

Darkseid

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 02:57 am
@oaktonarcher,
oaktonarcher wrote:

Well let's take a minute and look at what we are talking about.

We are asking whether or not a sexual preference is in fact controlled by choices that we make.

If that were true then heterosexuality was a choice and the fact of the matter is that it is suppose to be natural, which therefore contradicts it being a choice.

So is homosexuality a choice?

If it was, then it would contradict heterosexuality.

You have to understand that both heterosexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality are all sexual preferences. And all sexual preferences are equally a part of humanity, naturally or unnaturally. So it shouldn't be too hard to understand that all sexual preferences have the same factor that involves humanity, whether it be by choice or not.

And the fact of the matter is that they are not involved by choices that "we" make.

It all has to do with psychology and genetic inheritance.

In case anyone didn't know, evolution works evenly on the matter of a species survival. Sort of like if in the future an AI examines mistakes in it's design to carry out it's purpose and designs corrections in an updated model. Or in scientific studies, to adapt to changes in the environment and to it's interaction with prey and predators. Evolution is every occuring, because the planet is ever changing. Continents drift, seasons change, terrain changes, meteors strike the Earth, creatures migrate, and all these events help control evolution.

Now homosexuality does have some species benefits. Particularly to the structure and socialness of the creatures in a complex society, like our own. But... however this could only pertain to a surplus in the production of a certain factor in the species, whether it be male or female. Take the Japanese Samurai in which male homosexuality was very common. This was because there were no female Samurai and to create a very functional team of individuals that have count on each other for survival, much like the relationship between two spouces, homosexuality was encouraged or atleast close socializing that lead to homosexuality.

It shouldn't be frown upon, because this is very natural and something that can occur between anyone as a factor that is influenced by society.

And from that we can understand that homosexuality comes about due to psychological factors that are promoted or stired thanks to society.

But there are genetic factors that can cause homosexuality to come about much easierly with psychological factors.

It's sort of like adding in a drug that heightens the effect of another drug and that is the genetic part that involves homosexuality.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 10:34 am
@Darkseid,
Darkseid wrote:

We are asking whether or not a sexual preference is in fact controlled by choices that we make.

If that were true then heterosexuality was a choice and the fact of the matter is that it is suppose to be natural, which therefore contradicts it being a choice.

You have to understand that both heterosexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality are all sexual preferences. And all sexual preferences are equally a part of humanity, naturally or unnaturally. So it shouldn't be too hard to understand that all sexual preferences have the same factor that involves humanity, whether it be by choice or not.

And the fact of the matter is that they are not involved by choices that "we" make.

In case anyone didn't know, evolution works evenly on the matter of a species survival. Sort of like if in the future an AI examines mistakes in it's design to carry out it's purpose and designs corrections in an updated model. Or in scientific studies, to adapt to changes in the environment and to it's interaction with prey and predators. Evolution is every occuring, because the planet is ever changing. Continents drift, seasons change, terrain changes, meteors strike the Earth, creatures migrate, and all these events help control evolution.

Now homosexuality does have some species benefits. Particularly to the structure and socialness of the creatures in a complex society, like our own. But... however this could only pertain to a surplus in the production of a certain factor in the species, whether it be male or female. Take the Japanese Samurai in which male homosexuality was very common. This was because there were no female Samurai and to create a very functional team of individuals that have count on each other for survival, much like the relationship between two spouces, homosexuality was encouraged or atleast close socializing that lead to homosexuality.

It shouldn't be frown upon, because this is very natural and something that can occur between anyone as a factor that is influenced by society.

And from that we can understand that homosexuality comes about due to psychological factors that are promoted or stired thanks to society.

But there are genetic factors that can cause homosexuality to come about much easierly with psychological factors.

It's sort of like adding in a drug that heightens the effect of another drug and that is the genetic part that involves homosexuality.
Quote:

I think your confused a little. I chose to make a female my wife. A person i can procreat with. Together we produce fruit of which this world need to sustain our beings. As with the rest of the wild kindom/nature they to chose to be male and female. That is natural. To chose a partner who you cannot procreat with(same sex) is abnormal. As your family unit will only last the one generation. Hence your family is now extincte. If you chose the later, by natures rules you have made the wrong choice.

Quote:

NO contridiction, hetero is prodominate on this world.
They are preference's by the subject who makes the final choice, which is what we are talking about right?
"And all sexual preferences are equally a part of humanity, naturally or unnaturally."
Not equal, some behaviors are self defeating, or using your wording "unnatural"
'whether it be by choice or not. "
Sounds to me you think it is personal choice as well?
"It all has to do with psychology and genetic inheritance."
How can it be genetic when after making the wrong choice there is no way of passing on that gene? I agree totally with yhe psychological part.
Quote:
In case anyone didn't know, evolution works evenly on the matter of a species survival.

No it doen't. It excludes some that make the wrong choice.
Quote:
Now homosexuality does have some species benefits.

Yes it does. It is the reason the person is here to be allowed to make a choice in the first place. Without it there is no one to do so.
Quote:

Got proof? Nature indended man to be with women. That is normal/natural. To do other then is abnormal/unnatural.
Quote:

I don't understand that at all. Your saying society forces them to become gay? I think it's the opposite.
Quote:

What are those factors your talking about?
Darkseid

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 03:43 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I think your confused a little.

No I'm not, stop whining just because I said something you can't understand.

Drnaline wrote:

I chose to make a female my wife.

Choosing to make someone your wife does not have a direct effect with sexuality. Marriage is a union and you didn't choose your wife, you followed along with what society has brought you into. Perhaps it would be for the best if you study was the subconscious part of the brain is all about? Then you can understand that it was your interaction with society that made you want to marry a woman, but because of your own interests you have decided to marry "THAT" woman. You need to understand what an individual is and about the individual you are married to is more than just a woman.

Drnaline wrote:

A person i can procreat with.

Oh so you married her, so you can practice sexual intercourse with her.

That means her existence has no meaning to you, because she could have easily been replaced by another woman. All you have proven is how sexist you truely are.

Drnaline wrote:

Together we produce fruit of which this world need to sustain our beings.

Um I don't want to burst your bubble. But that's a belief and the thing about beliefs is that they are just beliefs.

Yes you needed to marry to have a legal union, in which you can practice sexual intercourse without being effected negatively by society.

You needed to reproduce to complete your existence as a human being.

But since when did you need to marry any woman to finish such a purpose in life? That is what you fail to understand. A woman is more than just a woman, she is an individual, with her own ideas and philosophy that should be respected upon. And marriage it's self isn't intended for reproduction, it has a much more abstract core in which reproduction becomes a part of.

If you have just married her so you can reproduce, then you could easily just get by with cloning. There is more to a marriage than to reproduce with someone.

Drnaline wrote:

As with the rest of the wild kindom/nature they to chose to be male and female. That is natural.

Not all creatures in the animal kingdom are male and female.

Allow me to introduce you to the world of hermaphrodites.

Hermaphroditism
Hermaphrodite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hamlet (fish) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sex and the Single Hermaphrodite - - science news articles online technology magazine articles Sex and the Single Hermaphrodite
Snail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drnaline wrote:

To chose a partner who you cannot procreat with(same sex) is abnormal.

If it was abnormal then it wouldn't result from psychology and it does.

Homosexuality is very normal, just not truely natural in terms to a species that is almost entirely either male or female.

However, in some species of animals and in almost all plants, to procreat with the same sex is very common. Especially with snails.

Drnaline wrote:

As your family unit will only last the one generation.

True true, still I don't understand what you are talking about. So what if your family will last only one generation. What is so significant about?

And furthermore... considering that entire families can be wiped our from natural and unnatural disasters. How important really is it to even have a family just for reproductive reasons.

Drnaline wrote:

Hence your family is now extincte. If you chose the later, by natures rules you have made the wrong choice.

What wrong choice? If your family was stationed in New Orleans prior to the Katrina event, your entire family is probably going to be extinct anyways. So does it really matter?

Drnaline wrote:

NO contridiction, hetero is prodominate on this world.

Actually it isn't. Well maybe in your fantasy world it is. Hetero is latin for different, it's like saying the word "different" is prodominate on this world. Of course differences do prodominate this world thanks to evolution and such, but that isn't what you were talking about. You were talking about heterosexuality being prodominate. And the truth is it isn't. Heterosexuality is an evolution from aesexuality and hermaphroticism. And even right now you have some species that are trying to revert back to aesexuality and hermaphroticism.

Drnaline wrote:

They are preference's by the subject who makes the final choice, which is what we are talking about right?

No one makes the choice for their sexuality. You deciding to marry a woman came about do to society making you heterosexual or better yet, stabalizing your heterosexuality. If you were a Japanese Samurai, instead of whatever you are right now, you would have probably become a homosexual. And that's because of society.

Drnaline wrote:

"And all sexual preferences are equally a part of humanity, naturally or unnaturally."

Not equal, some behaviors are self defeating, or using your wording "unnatural"

Self defeating is not the same as unnatural. Unnatural is a typical meaning refering to artificial influence or creation. Again stop it with the senselessness. You are making no sense at all!

Drnaline wrote:

'whether it be by choice or not. "
Sounds to me you think it is personal choice as well?

No... I was trying to break the ice to you, so that you could understand that if heterosexuality was natural and thus couldn't be from a choice then so the same can be said about homosexuality.

I was trying to defeat the "choice" ideology that was just intended to be use to make an excuse in harming people that were different.

Drnaline wrote:

"It all has to do with psychology and genetic inheritance."
How can it be genetic when after making the wrong choice there is no way of passing on that gene? I agree totally with yhe psychological part.

That's because no one made the wrong choice. There is no choice in the whole bit. Because society influences the choices we make, which therefore isn't an act of your own true free will.

And maybe if you were smart enough to finish reading someone's post, instead of protecting your own ego and proving your own lack of intellect, then perhaps no one would have to make fun of you.

Drnaline wrote:

No it doen't. It excludes some that make the wrong choice.

What wrong choice? Life isn't all about sexual intercourse, ya know. Almost everyone who is homosexuality would rather be heterosexual, so they wouldn't have to be discriminated. But they can't help but be who they are. They didn't make the choice of liking this or that. That whole choice bit was influenced into them as a child. They didn't make a child, yet rather society made the choice for them.

Drnaline wrote:

Yes it does. It is the reason the person is here to be allowed to make a choice in the first place. Without it there is no one to do so.

"Without being allowed to make a choice there is no one to do so?"

So let me get this straight. You say that without someone being allowed to make a choice that therefore there is no choice on the matter at all?

Bravo, you are finally getting it. Even though your ideology is backwards, base on the insecurity and lack of accepting differences that contradict the ideology you were raised to believe was true.

Because choicing a mate and choicing a wife is not the same thing. You can choice a mate without choicing a wife. And likewise you can choice a wife, but never decide to mate with her.

Drnaline wrote:

Got proof? Nature indended man to be with women. That is normal/natural. To do other then is abnormal/unnatural.

Homophobe, nature did not intended man to be with woman. Society intended man to be with woman. Nature intended man and woman to co-exist, not simply in terms of mating. The need to mate is what is brought up as one matures. And this all has to do with psychology, not choices.

Drnaline wrote:

I don't understand that at all. Your saying society forces them to become gay? I think it's the opposite.

That's because you were raised to be a homophobe and you lack fortitude to accept truth. You ideas are backwards and you will say anything to protect such, even if it causes you to suffer.

If nature had any part in deciding the way man and woman should live it would have been to prevent people like you that stir up violence and damnation to be born in this world.

Unfortunately I do believe that it isn't your birth that allows you to percieve this world as the way you do. I believe that your parents are the ones to blame in terms of how they raise you to see this world as you do.

The true enemy is society, not nature and not sexuality.

Drnaline wrote:

What are those factors your talking about?

Uh let me explain it to you in a manner you might be able to understand.

I am going to detail someone like you and someone else.

The life story of Johnny.

Johnny was a mild-manner man that was born in a protestant family that followed deeply with the ideology that was presented in the bible. One of the ideology the had followed was the abomination of homosexuality. So Johnny was raised with the ideology that homosexuality was abnormal and therefore shouldn't exist. He was therefore also raised to the idea that man was born to have sexual intercourse with woman and vice versa. He deeply followed such ideas and was warmly welcomed into society. And as he matured his sexuality became entirely dependent on the existence of females. This had all came about thanks to the factors that were presented above. And thus Johnny became a heterosexual.

Danny was also a mild-manner man that was born in a protestant family that followed deeply with the ideology that was presented in the bible. But Danny however was neglected alot and wasn't able to develope a critical standing of associating women as sex things. Danny was more of an equalist and his inability to differ man and woman lead him to become a bisexual as his teenage years had passed. But this wasn't Danny's own decision or choice. He had no power over his society and parents. He was an equalist, but that ideology that does not make someone a bisexual or a homosexual. To contrar, being an equal promotes more interaction with women, since you followed the equal notion to have women as close friends. And having women as close friends is how you obtain a girlfriend. So it's just an ideology promoting heterosexuality. But however, Danny couldn't equally associate quite well with girls, because his ideas contradicted society. So he was looked upon as a burder and most girls just didn't want to associate with him. So he grew upon the notion of liking boys in an attempt of liking girls. And like I said, it came about because he couldn't associate with girls well enough to grow a solid heterosexuality.

Tyler is was also a mild-manner man that was raised by a pedophile whom raped him as a child, in which altered the manner he could interact with women and men and produce a scar that had brought him into homosexuality.
This all had came about because Tyler was forced to dress up as a girl, by his father. And Tyler was forced to do many things that violated his sexuality.

So now I hope you can understand that it is society, particularly the interaction you have with parents that leads to homosexuality and bisexuality. But there are certain genetic things that can alter the manner in which you look at the world or associate with people that can also lead to homosexuality, but as a result of interacting with society.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 14 May, 2006 11:35 pm
@Darkseid,
Darkseid wrote:

Choosing to make someone your wife does not have a direct effect with sexuality. Marriage is a union and you didn't choose your wife, you followed along with what society has brought you into. Perhaps it would be for the best if you study was the subconscious part of the brain is all about? Then you can understand that it was your interaction with society that made you want to marry a woman, but because of your own interests you have decided to marry "THAT" woman. You need to understand what an individual is and about the individual you are married to is more than just a woman.

That means her existence has no meaning to you, because she could have easily been replaced by another woman. All you have proven is how sexist you truely are.

Um I don't want to burst your bubble. But that's a belief and the thing about beliefs is that they are just beliefs.

Yes you needed to marry to have a legal union, in which you can practice sexual intercourse without being effected negatively by society.

You needed to reproduce to complete your existence as a human being.

But since when did you need to marry any woman to finish such a purpose in life? That is what you fail to understand. A woman is more than just a woman, she is an individual, with her own ideas and philosophy that should be respected upon. And marriage it's self isn't intended for reproduction, it has a much more abstract core in which reproduction becomes a part of.

If you have just married her so you can reproduce, then you could easily just get by with cloning. There is more to a marriage than to reproduce with someone.

Hermaphroditism
Sex and the Single Hermaphrodite - - science news articles online technology magazine articles Sex and the Single Hermaphrodite

Homosexuality is very normal, just not truely natural in terms to a species that is almost entirely either male or female.

However, in some species of animals and in almost all plants, to procreat with the same sex is very common. Especially with snails.

True true, still I don't understand what you are talking about. So what if your family will last only one generation. What is so significant about?

And furthermore... considering that entire families can be wiped our from natural and unnatural disasters. How important really is it to even have a family just for reproductive reasons.

What wrong choice? If your family was stationed in New Orleans prior to the Katrina event, your entire family is probably going to be extinct anyways. So does it really matter?

Actually it isn't. Well maybe in your fantasy world it is. Hetero is latin for different, it's like saying the word "different" is prodominate on this world. Of course differences do prodominate this world thanks to evolution and such, but that isn't what you were talking about. You were talking about heterosexuality being prodominate. And the truth is it isn't. Heterosexuality is an evolution from aesexuality and hermaphroticism. And even right now you have some species that are trying to revert back to aesexuality and hermaphroticism.

No one makes the choice for their sexuality. You deciding to marry a woman came about do to society making you heterosexual or better yet, stabalizing your heterosexuality. If you were a Japanese Samurai, instead of whatever you are right now, you would have probably become a homosexual. And that's because of society.

Self defeating is not the same as unnatural. Unnatural is a typical meaning refering to artificial influence or creation. Again stop it with the senselessness. You are making no sense at all!

No... I was trying to break the ice to you, so that you could understand that if heterosexuality was natural and thus couldn't be from a choice then so the same can be said about homosexuality.

I was trying to defeat the "choice" ideology that was just intended to be use to make an excuse in harming people that were different.

That's because no one made the wrong choice. There is no choice in the whole bit. Because society influences the choices we make, which therefore isn't an act of your own true free will.

And maybe if you were smart enough to finish reading someone's post, instead of protecting your own ego and proving your own lack of intellect, then perhaps no one would have to make fun of you.

What wrong choice? Life isn't all about sexual intercourse, ya know. Almost everyone who is homosexuality would rather be heterosexual, so they wouldn't have to be discriminated. But they can't help but be who they are. They didn't make the choice of liking this or that. That whole choice bit was influenced into them as a child. They didn't make a child, yet rather society made the choice for them.

So let me get this straight. You say that without someone being allowed to make a choice that therefore there is no choice on the matter at all?

Bravo, you are finally getting it. Even though your ideology is backwards, base on the insecurity and lack of accepting differences that contradict the ideology you were raised to believe was true.

Because choicing a mate and choicing a wife is not the same thing. You can choice a mate without choicing a wife. And likewise you can choice a wife, but never decide to mate with her.

Homophobe, nature did not intended man to be with woman. Society intended man to be with woman. Nature intended man and woman to co-exist, not simply in terms of mating. The need to mate is what is brought up as one matures. And this all has to do with psychology, not choices.

That's because you were raised to be a homophobe and you lack fortitude to accept truth. You ideas are backwards and you will say anything to protect such, even if it causes you to suffer.

If nature had any part in deciding the way man and woman should live it would have been to prevent people like you that stir up violence and damnation to be born in this world.

Unfortunately I do believe that it isn't your birth that allows you to percieve this world as the way you do. I believe that your parents are the ones to blame in terms of how they raise you to see this world as you do.

Uh let me explain it to you in a manner you might be able to understand.

I am going to detail someone like you and someone else.

The life story of Johnny.

Johnny was a mild-manner man that was born in a protestant family that followed deeply with the ideology that was presented in the bible. One of the ideology the had followed was the abomination of homosexuality. So Johnny was raised with the ideology that homosexuality was abnormal and therefore shouldn't exist. He was therefore also raised to the idea that man was born to have sexual intercourse with woman and vice versa. He deeply followed such ideas and was warmly welcomed into society. And as he matured his sexuality became entirely dependent on the existence of females. This had all came about thanks to the factors that were presented above. And thus Johnny became a heterosexual.

Danny was also a mild-manner man that was born in a protestant family that followed deeply with the ideology that was presented in the bible. But Danny however was neglected alot and wasn't able to develope a critical standing of associating women as sex things. Danny was more of an equalist and his inability to differ man and woman lead him to become a bisexual as his teenage years had passed. But this wasn't Danny's own decision or choice. He had no power over his society and parents. He was an equalist, but that ideology that does not make someone a bisexual or a homosexual. To contrar, being an equal promotes more interaction with women, since you followed the equal notion to have women as close friends. And having women as close friends is how you obtain a girlfriend. So it's just an ideology promoting heterosexuality. But however, Danny couldn't equally associate quite well with girls, because his ideas contradicted society. So he was looked upon as a burder and most girls just didn't want to associate with him. So he grew upon the notion of liking boys in an attempt of liking girls. And like I said, it came about because he couldn't associate with girls well enough to grow a solid heterosexuality.

Tyler is was also a mild-manner man that was raised by a pedophile whom raped him as a child, in which altered the manner he could interact with women and men and produce a scar that had brought him into homosexuality.
This all had came about because Tyler was forced to dress up as a girl, by his father. And Tyler was forced to do many things that violated his sexuality.

So now I hope you can understand that it is society, particularly the interaction you have with parents that leads to homosexuality and bisexuality. But there are certain genetic things that can alter the manner in which you look at the world or associate with people that can also lead to homosexuality, but as a result of interacting with society.

Quote:

I understud completely, i just think your wrong.
Quote:
Choosing to make someone your wife does not have a direct effect with sexuality.

Really, i thought it was some one you dedicate your life too? I've been married twenty years, you?
Quote:
Marriage is a union and you didn't choose your wife, you followed along with what society has brought you into.

And that why your in this world right, or are you illegitimate?
Quote:

What meaning did you have when you were made? You were the last thing on there mind. Is that sexist? Of course. Between a man and a women. Without sex there is no sexism. You think you are not sexist, this ott to be good?
Quote:

By the way you explain it, you must make it legal. Marriage has been here way longer then making it legal was around. Legal only means they want to charge you a fee to do so.
Quote:
But since when did you need to marry any woman to finish such a purpose in life?

I didn't have to i chose too.
Quote:

Hermaphroditism

So what the percentage of then to the rest of the "normal" world?
Quote:

Psychology based is just an opinion. What this stuff about "not truely natural? I thought we were governed by natural selection?
Quote:

What is significant about it is the behavior. It is self defeating. Why would a male of one species pick a like sexed? Sexual preference i say. Because they will not prolong there species in the strain of DNA. I think that is significant don't you?
Quote:

Getting of topic a little i think.
Quote:

I'd like to read a little more of your theory, got a link?
Quote:

At best this is one example. Your gonna need a little more then that being the rest of the world think your wrong.
Quote:

Why not you both end up extinct.
Quote:

What is prodominate on the planet with our species? Married or unmarried? Wife or no wife? Children or no (well you can't really say this because if you make the wrong choice there are no children) children?
Quote:

What you been smokin?
Quote:

Society is the only reason you can whine on your soap box of pitty. Oh the humanity of it all!!!
Lasombra

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 02:19 pm
@Drnaline,
I was going to ask everyone who thought that homosexuality was a choice if they "chose" to be heterosexual, and proceed down that line of questioning... but I see the DS already has.

Fair play to him then :cool:

The funny thing is that you can put a group of all female frogs of a particular species (I think the African bullfrog) together in a box, and wait a period of time and have a second generation get born.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:54 pm
@oaktonarcher,
Society has it's freaks.
0 Replies

goodchessactor

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:54 am
@oaktonarcher,
The problem with saying that homosexuality is in the genes is that it is left at that. There are a lot of deseases and conditions that are congenitive yet we continue to seek a cure for them. Even if some people are "born" gay it doesn't mean that that's OK. Some people are born blind yet we all admit that blindness is a terrible thing.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 03:26 pm
@oaktonarcher,
Homosexuality is not something of choice.
Homosexuality is also not a genetic condition.

The difference between homosexuality and homosexual activity should be noted. One is biological while the other is not.

Homosexuality stems from hormonal imbalances in the womb while the baby is developing. All fetuses start life in a standard "female" pattern. Hormonal changes trigger the changes in development of a male. A non-normal hormonal balance causes the brain to develop in a non-normal way. A homosexual there for has certain innate drives which cause sexual attraction to their own gender.

Bisexuality may stem also from the same hormonal irregularities but social conditioning plays a significant role in what the individual finds sexually stimulating. Societal conditioning also plays a role in acceptance of the activity - just look at ancient Greek societies where homosexuality was seen as being better than heterosexual love.

Homosexuality is not "normal" because it works against one of the primary drives in life and that is to create new life. Any biological group which has homosexuality as a norm will cease to exist after a generation or two
0 Replies

0Megabyte

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:24 am
@oaktonarcher,
So, does it make me illegitimate if my parents weren't married at the time?

How does that make my existence less legitimate than yours, man?

How dare you. I have to say, one who believes such rubbish is far less legitimate than one who was merely born in a fashion he had no control over.
chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 12:48 am
@oaktonarcher,
Is homosexuality a choice or is it inbred in come ones chemistry?

I have come to believe attraction is mysterious. Choice? I would say No. I post this question to support my opinion: Who would voluntarily identify with a group of people (based on sexual attraction) with so much hatred posed against?

What would you do? (I only ask as comparison - dominant culture vs. smaller group)

You are a heterosexual and our culture was homosexually in the majority would you march in a heterosexual pride parade.

(please consider this from the mindset that you prefer to live in that country and no others, I truly dont care if you want to or not)
chuckc cv

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:00 am
@oaktonarcher,
"It very well may be that no one can answer your question with absolute scientific certainty.........Even so, may I ask: What, if any, difference it would make if it could be answered with absolute scientific certainty?....
.......what difference does it make?"...

I completely agree with posting.

"I am just a human that had no choice whether or not to be and that also is an imperfect sinner who does things that are not due to a malicious intent"

I agree. I support this view of self as my own.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:32 am
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;14143 wrote:
Is homosexuality a choice or is it inbred in come ones chemistry?

I have come to believe attraction is mysterious. Choice? I would say No. I post this question to support my opinion: Who would voluntarily identify with a group of people (based on sexual attraction) with so much hatred posed against?

What would you do? (I only ask as comparison - dominant culture vs. smaller group)

You are a heterosexual and our culture was homosexually in the majority would you march in a heterosexual pride parade.

(please consider this from the mindset that you prefer to live in that country and no others, I truly dont care if you want to or not)
Quote:
Who would voluntarily identify with a group of people (based on sexual attraction) with so much hatred posed against?

Any human being. Do you not voluntrarily identify with a hetero group? Pro-gay IMO is anti-hetero.
Quote:
What would you do?
What my mind decides. That is choice.
Quote:

My answer would be No. In your senario, do you think homo's would still have homo parade's?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:41 am
@0Megabyte,
0Megabyte;14139 wrote:
So, does it make me illegitimate if my parents weren't married at the time?

How does that make my existence less legitimate than yours, man?

How dare you. I have to say, one who believes such rubbish is far less legitimate than one who was merely born in a fashion he had no control over.
Can you quote what he said that offended you? I think you are mistaken about something?
0 Replies