Is Homosexuality a Choice?

STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:27 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
So out of the two which one to you is normal? If homos were normal the majority would do so. They don't.

I believe it is normal for two people of the same sex to have relations. It just isnt accepted by the conservative society yet, but it will be in a few decades. Some people disagreed with interacial couples, but now it is perfectly normal out here in California.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:11 am
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
I believe it is normal for two people of the same sex to have relations. It just isnt accepted by the conservative society yet, but it will be in a few decades. Some people disagreed with interacial couples, but now it is perfectly normal out here in California.
Yes, it is normal to have a relation but not a sexual one. Sex is the explicite act to procreat, not for pleasure as most do it for. Same sex relation will never be accepted as normal because they can never be. To be normal a males has to copulate with a female and vise vesa. In nature howmany relations are male/ female as to male/male or female /female. That will tell you whats normal.
STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:22 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Yes, it is normal to have a relation but not a sexual one. Sex is the explicite act to procreat, not for pleasure as most do it for. Same sex relation will never be accepted as normal because they can never be. To be normal a males has to copulate with a female and vise vesa. In nature howmany relations are male/ female as to male/male or female /female. That will tell you whats normal.

Sex serves two purposes, pleasure and procreation, granted procreation is the more important one. But pleasure is just as necessary to a human, and in some cases they cant get that out of members of the opposite sex
ndjs

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:33 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:

haha, sorta OT, but that cracked me up. It's sorta accepted everywhere else.
STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
haha, sorta OT, but that cracked me up. It's sorta accepted everywhere else.

Yeah, i just didnt want the alabama boys to call me out on it. Laughing
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:25 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Sex serves two purposes, pleasure and procreation, granted procreation is the more important one. But pleasure is just as necessary to a human, and in some cases they cant get that out of members of the opposite sex

Sex serves one purpose, the one it was designed to do which is to make offspring. Yes it FEELS good, that is what drive's you to acheave it. Pleasure is important to every species, that is what causes you to fight for what you think is yours. Purely instinct. Which is a total emotional responce. You get caught up in it chances are it will bite you. They may be able to get plesure from an act of sex but to this date they will not have children as the fruit of the act.
STEVE cv

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:32 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Sex serves one purpose, the one it was designed to do which is to make offspring. Yes it FEELS good, that is what drive's you to acheave it. Pleasure is important to every species, that is what causes you to fight for what you think is yours. Purely instinct. Which is a total emotional responce. You get caught up in it chances are it will bite you. They may be able to get plesure from an act of sex but to this date they will not have children as the fruit of the act.

Childre arent part of the plan when the have sex, when a gay couple has sex its all for pleasure. Pleasure which is essential to all beings, homosexuals can only get this pleasure with people of their same sex.
ndjs

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
homosexuals can only get this pleasure with people of their same sex.

false.
STEVE cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:12 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
false.

Well, are you a homosexual? No. You cant really answer this. I have several homosexual friends who feel the pleasure is not all there with a person of the opposite sex.
ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
@oaktonarcher,
no, but i know several homosexual friends of mine who were not born homosexual, they were hetero before they made the decision to become homo, and experienced pleasure before hand.

Stating that they can only receive pleasure from people of the same sex is quite a bold statement.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:47 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Childre arent part of the plan when the have sex, when a gay couple has sex its all for pleasure. Pleasure which is essential to all beings, homosexuals can only get this pleasure with people of their same sex.

Then why do so many gay couples adopt? Seems they feel left out because they can't biologically have children. I like to see where your getting your info from. Any text i have ever seen says sex is for procreation. I understand that gays only do it for plasure but in the same context they are jellous because there is never fruit like the rest of us have. Which by and large is the vast majority.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:50 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Well, are you a homosexual? No. You cant really answer this. I have several homosexual friends who feel the pleasure is not all there with a person of the opposite sex.

By your own definition they can't answer that either if they have had sex with the opposite sex. So no they can't really answer it either. A true queer have never had or tried to have sex with the opposite.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:04 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I have friends that grew up feeling as if they were homosexuals, but society put a pressure on them to be straight. So they tried it. I know of several people who had expirimented with people of the opposite sex and they did not recieve the pleasure. A gay friend of mine once had the opportunity to have sex with what i thought was a really hott female, from what he told me he could not get an errection when the act was about to happen. I would doubt he lied to me about that.

Yes they do feel left out when it comes to children. But i can guarantee you that whaen a gay couple has sex, procreation is the last thing on their minds.
When gays have sex they do it for pleasure and not for the purpose of procreation.

i have friend who may have chosen to be homosexuals, almost all of them have said they were born that way. Since elemantary school they played with the girls and never with the boys. They always felt as if they were part of the girls despite being boys.

A perfect example is a friend of mine who we though "acted gay" all throught childhood, but we just thought of him as a "sissy" kid, when we were in high school, he came out.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
@oaktonarcher,
Quote:
But i can guarantee you that whaen a gay couple has sex, procreation is the last thing on their minds. When gays have sex they do it for pleasure and not for the purpose of procreation.

99.9% of the time when hetero's have sex, a child is the last thing on there mind too. But they come anyways.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
99.9% of the time when hetero's have sex, a child is the last thing on there mind too. But they come anyways.

He made a very good point about society pressuring gays to be straight imo.

To me, why would someone choose to be gay in a society that looks down on gay people? Do you honestly believe all these gay people want to cause problems and enjoy the attention? That they choose to be gay because they like being looked down on?

I don't.

I don't know if its a choice or if there is some kind of gene that causes it because I am not gay.

I am of the opinion that if we are going to promote the United States as a free country then we should not look down on people for whom they choose to date and have sexual relations with as long as they do not violate the other persons rights. (Such as rape, incest, children)

You said in another thread that science fails humans and it has been disproven thousands of times. Well why are you so ready to accept that gay people simply choose to be this way and that there could not be some kind of reaction that science has not found that could actually cause gay people to be who they are?
ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:07 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I think the reason that science hasn't found a gay gene yet is because it doesn't exist.

^My opinion.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:43 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

To me, why would someone choose to be gay in a society that looks down on gay people? Do you honestly believe all these gay people want to cause problems and enjoy the attention? That they choose to be gay because they like being looked down on?

I don't.

I don't know if its a choice or if there is some kind of gene that causes it because I am not gay.

I am of the opinion that if we are going to promote the United States as a free country then we should not look down on people for whom they choose to date and have sexual relations with as long as they do not violate the other persons rights. (Such as rape, incest, children)

You said in another thread that science fails humans and it has been disproven thousands of times. Well why are you so ready to accept that gay people simply choose to be this way and that there could not be some kind of reaction that science has not found that could actually cause gay people to be who they are?
Quote:

Maybe because society is prodominantly normal or straight if you will. And would naturally expect most to do the same. I would not call it pressure, i would call it expected.

Quote:

For the same reason a person would choose to wear a black leather jacket when society looks down on hoodlums. I de believe some enjoy causing trouble and enjoy there efforts. When's the last time you've seen a Heterosexual parade? They choose to be gay because they want to be different or they were abused.
Quote:
I don't.

I do.

Quote:

I have one helluva fuckup brother who was married, had three beutiful girls but just could get it together. His wife after almost twenty years of abuse decided one day to leave him and take up licking crack. She decided to do so, had nothing to do with a gene. And now she is happily married to a fine strapping butch of a female.

Quote:

We are a nation that normally looks down as you say on abnormal behavior. There is a price to pay if you decide to behave in such a manner, problem is they don't want to pay it?

Quote:

My ex sister in law is a good example. I could choose today if i so deemed to turn gay. All it takes is a simple change of mind. Gays do it, bisexuals do it, hetero's do it. If you found yourself in a womens body tomorrow which sex would you prefer? Then tell me how a gene made you decide that?
Brent cv

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:38 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Maybe because society is prodominantly normal or straight if you will. And would naturally expect most to do the same. I would not call it pressure, i would call it expected.
Expected or not that is not a good enough reasoning for looking down on someone elses private life.

Quote:

For the same reason a person would choose to wear a black leather jacket when society looks down on hoodlums. I de believe some enjoy causing trouble and enjoy there efforts. When's the last time you've seen a Heterosexual parade? They choose to be gay because they want to be different or they were abused.

Such a bold statement with no backing. Your statement generalizes all gay people as the one the media portrays on the TV. The ones that want the attention.

So when a person interviews a person in Alabama and picks the worst redneck they can fine do you believe that is how Alabama is?

Are all people that wear leather jackets hoodlums?

That is absurd

Quote:

I do.

Congratulations

Quote:

My ex sister in law is a good example. I could choose today if i so deemed to turn gay. All it takes is a simple change of mind. Gays do it, bisexuals do it, hetero's do it. If you found yourself in a womens body tomorrow which sex would you prefer? Then tell me how a gene made you decide that?

Your ex sister in law does not represent every gay person.
STEVE cv

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:46 am
@oaktonarcher,
Im sure there are some people who say they are gay, just to rebel or be different. Im sure there are alot of people that say they are hetero's just to be "normal".
But they do not represent the majority.
Not all homosexuals, go out parading their "gayness". Only some do. Just like some straigh males parade their heterosexuality, or insecurity (in my opinion), by going on random gay bashings.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:15 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Expected or not that is not a good enough reasoning for looking down on someone elses private life.

Such a bold statement with no backing. Your statement generalizes all gay people as the one the media portrays on the TV. The ones that want the attention.

So when a person interviews a person in Alabama and picks the worst redneck they can fine do you believe that is how Alabama is?

That is absurd

Congratulations

Quote:

It is not looking down, it is reconizing them for there inperfection. And if they chose to keep there sex private there probably wouldn't be a problem.

Quote:

Not so bold. Why can i use there bvehavior when the media is using it to get me to accept them? Show me where media portrays a person the rejoices being hetero?

Quote:

I don't think they would astand out if you interviewed them in AL. But in New Mexico they would stand out.

Quote:

That is absurd

Not in todays standards, but in the fourty and fiftys? Very much so.

Quote:

I live in Santa Fe, New Mex. Second only to San Fran as far as Gay population. So i have many, many more example i can pull from.