• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,420 • Replies: 118
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 11:33 am
@oaktonarcher,
Choice.

Perhaps it is conditioned.

If it is a DNA matter, then there is no explanation for the higher number of children raised by homosexual parents to be gay. The kid's biological parents are straight in most cases. Excluding a sperm donor for a lesbian couple, or a sperm donation by a gay male couple, the kid's biological parents are not gay, so the kid should not be gay, right? Well, there is a higher percentage of homosexuality in children reared by homosexual couples, so I'm inclined to believe NO. it is not the DNA.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 02:08 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I only have one thing to say about this. Anne Heche, lesbian, oh no wait, strait, married, and kids. Choice, all the way.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:14 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I believe it is a choice as well. Just like being bisexual is. If it were genetic why do some jump back and forth? My example is my Xsister in law. Who was married to my deadbeat brother for twenty years, after much abuse she left him and went i would say bi, but she claims lesbian. How could she do that unless it were a choice? Same goes for transgender. DNA is very specific and does not account for human confusion as it shouldn't. Confussion is our outward being of indicision. IMO
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:21 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I find it hard to believe it is not by choice myself.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I give some credit to social conditioning on this one. I know this guy who is gay and it just happens that he was brought up by only his mother and his only other parental role model and person that he looked up to is a lesbian who was sexualy abused as a child and hates men. All his friends were her friends, he was practically brought up in that circle, He did have experience with women until age 23 when he decided he was gay. I also have an Exgf who after we broke up started hanging out with a large group of lesbians. Now she's gay, go figure.
I think saying that it is a biological thing is just an excuse religious people use to make the "sin" of being gay excusable.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:26 am
@oaktonarcher,
^ The Bible says gay people go to hell. Why would God allow people to exist who would have NO chance of making Him happy or getting into Heaven?

He wouldn't.

I have a lesbian friend who says that she used to date around w/ guys. She is a lesbian now and just says that she just prefers other women, and that she doesn't think she was "born with it."
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:22 am
@oaktonarcher,
Yeah, the Bible, everybody interprets that the way they see fit for their lifestyle. The bible also says women should not speak when their man speaks, or something. Anyway, I've been to gay churches. I have absolutely nothing against gay people, but religion is so corrupted nowadays. Everbody has their own church.
ndjs

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:48 pm
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
Yeah, the Bible, everybody interprets that the way they see fit for their lifestyle. The bible also says women should not speak when their man speaks, or something. Anyway, I've been to gay churches. I have absolutely nothing against gay people, but religion is so corrupted nowadays. Everbody has their own church.

amen.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:37 am
@oaktonarcher,
"I think saying that it is a biological thing is just an excuse religious people use to make the "sin" of being gay excusable."
Don't you have that backwards? That is the excuse many gays use for being gay . They want their "sin" to be excused . This means that they recognize the sin , but want it excused due to biology .
JEB007

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:56 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
...Don't you have that backwards?

Yes and no. I've heard family members of gay people say. "God will forgive them because they were born that way"
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:25 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I can't believe that.
JEB007

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:37 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I can't believe that.

U can't believe it cuz u think I'm lying or u can't believe it cuz its coo coo crazy:confused:
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 11:56 am
@oaktonarcher,
No, I can't believe it because it doesn't make sense. I believe that people say it, I've heard it. I go to school in the most liberal city in the south. Wink
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
@oaktonarcher,
I believe it is by choice. But, I still find it to be perfectly normal.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:06 am
@oaktonarcher,
Normal is a hetero relationionship. As in the law of nature. For a human to procreat you need a man and a women. That is normal. Man on man, women on women is not normal or abnormal. And i believe it to be a choice as well.
STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Normal is a hetero relationionship. As in the law of nature. For a human to procreat you need a man and a women. That is normal. Man on man, women on women is not normal or abnormal. And i believe it to be a choice as well.

Normal is how i would classify something based on society, thus i said Homosexuality is normal.
Hetrosexuality on the other hand is Natural.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:49 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Normal is how i would classify something based on society, thus i said Homosexuality is normal.

Good point
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:20 pm
@oaktonarcher,
Except it's still not normal, no matter how you classify it. Even in today's society. Somewhat accepted? maybe. Normal? No.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:08 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
So out of the two which one to you is normal? If homos were normal the majority would do so. They don't.