The Situation in New Orleans, MS, and AL

Mike cv

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
Ive been watching a lot of the news lately on the hurricane and one thing I must say is why cant tents be set up on the highways for now? :confused: Its obvious that some resources are coming in now, and everyones always asking where all these people are supposed to go... well why not fly some big ass generators in, fuel tanks, tents, cots, food, water, etc onto these highways and set up a refugee camp there as a temporary solution. Obviously they cant live on the highway too long, but to me it makes sense that they at least set up shop there to allow these people some sort of hope for the time being. Im watching hearing all these stories about 5 day old babies that havnt eaten or drank anything in almost two days. THOSE KIDS ARE GOING TO DIE. If it was me, Id set up some nice big tents on the highway's and use them as a temporary refugee camp since transportation in and out of the city for that large amount of people is obviously unattainable right now.

Just my .02
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,762 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:29 am
@Mike cv,
What do you do during chaos?

You panic and don't think straight.

Guess what people are doing down there.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 07:25 am
@Mike cv,
I've read on the news they are considering setting up tent camps and setting up the survivors on cruise ships. My issue is, if u put this people in tents, temporary as may be, what happens when the next hurricane or big storm comes along we already have another tropical depresion out there, u never know where those things are headed. Plus, there is the potential for disease to break out. Its not safe, they have to get those people out of there ASAP.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:17 pm
@Mike cv,
This stuff is insane, it wears ME out just watching it, its almost become too much for me to take.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:52 pm
@Mike cv,
I see where you're coming from Mike. We DO need to get these people out ASAP! But, for the time being, while we can't do that (partially because of the stupid mother fuckers down there SHOOTING at the RESCUE squads, wtf! are they thinking????) we could at least provide some shade, food, etc.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 02:23 am
@Mike cv,
Well looks like we are getting more and more National Guard down there...

Man there are going to be things we find everyday... disturbing things.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 12:33 pm
@Mike cv,
They are simply trying to get everyone out right now. Once they do that, the rescue ppl can actually atempt to get the bodies out. I've heard they are just gonna use big ice trucks to hold the bodies, it'll be the most efficient. I have a few friends who are in the national guard here, and they are being sent to the coast to maintain order. Instead of having to do this, they should be going through the houses and piles of rubble to find any bodies so we can just mow everything down and start over, that's the only way this is gonna work.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 02:28 pm
@Mike cv,
Bush sent 7,000 active duty troops there today.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 06:19 pm
@Mike cv,
I have a personal friend who was called up by the Arkansas national guard to go to n.o. Bush is doing all he can from his chair, short of going down there and sniping the looters himself.
0 Replies