Hugo Chavez

JEB007

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:08 am
This guy came to power in Venezuela by offering the poor free healthcare, giving out food, clothes, and gifts to the poor, the herding them to the polls. At first he was all about the poor masses, now he is taking the country on the same path as Cuba. Now he thinks he's gonna get support from American citizens by offering cheap oil and free eye surgeries?! While all he does is criticize American policy every chance he gets? Venezuela's poor might be desperate but we will let America's poor go to our Govt. for aid, thanks anyway buddy.
Another thing, what a coincidence that Jesse Jackson decides to go to, of all countries, Venezuela to make a speech about MLK (yeah right! more like praising Chavez). Only short after Pat Robertson called for the assassination of Chavez. Chavez is using Jackson to boost his image and the preacher is just going along with it (I wonder why =>$$$$$)
Here's the links:
cheap oil:http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=1736
Jackson:http://english.eluniversal.com/2005/08/29/en_pol_art_29A605851.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,646 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:45 am
@JEB007,
Venezuela is on track to be a much bigger problem than Cuba.

Cuba is just a thorn in our side and nothing more.

Venezuela sits on top of gold, also known as oil, and is the United States biggest supplier.

They have control over us... and we should never allow another country that much control over us.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:09 pm
@JEB007,
I don't care what he thinks about our policies. He probably didn't appreciate hearing from a government official we should assassinate him.

As long as he doesn't become another Castro and keeps sending us our oil without bending us over, I don't care.

The situation over there may already be very bad. I'm somewhat uneducated.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:46 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I don't care what he thinks about our policies. He probably didn't appreciate hearing from a government official we should assassinate him.

As long as he doesn't become another Castro and keeps sending us our oil without bending us over, I don't care.

Pat Robertson is hardly an government official.

More of a right wing nut job imo.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:54 pm
@JEB007,
OK, somebody affiliated with our govt.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:35 pm
@ndjs,
It seem Chavez is taking it one step further. It might be time for Bush to calm him down http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000086&sid=aOLnBqtbamlQ&refer=news_index
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,184021,00.html

We get between 10%-15% of our foreign oil imports from Venezuela. Recently Chavez has been fighting a war of words with Washington over what he considers US attempts to undermine his government. As of late he has threatened to sell his oil to other countries.

By doing so he would inflict as much damage to his country as ours if he followed through with his threats. It seems not just any country can refine the oil he exports.His refineries, or the refineries he sells his oil to in the US,
are specially designed to refine Venezuela's heavy, highly sulfurous crude oil .

"If they sell these refineries, there are no other refineries in the world able to process Venezuelan crude, not in sufficient capacity," said Jose Toro Hardy, a Chavez critic and former director of the state oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela SA, or PDVSA.

For now it's a war of words, but it's conditions and statements such as Chavezs that continue to keep oil prices at an all time high.

Washington needs to come up with a comprehensive energy policy.A target of a 10% reduction in oil consumption implemented through a conservation policy would be a good start IMO.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:28 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,184021,00.html

We get between 10%-15% of our foreign oil imports from Venezuela. Recently Chavez has been fighting a war of words with Washington over what he considers US attempts to undermine his government. As of late he has threatened to sell his oil to other countries.

By doing so he would inflict as much damage to his country as ours if he followed through with his threats. It seems not just any country can refine the oil he exports.His refineries, or the refineries he sells his oil to in the US,
are specially designed to refine Venezuela's heavy, highly sulfurous crude oil .

"If they sell these refineries, there are no other refineries in the world able to process Venezuelan crude, not in sufficient capacity," said Jose Toro Hardy, a Chavez critic and former director of the state oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela SA, or PDVSA.

For now it's a war of words, but it's conditions and statements such as Chavezs that continue to keep oil prices at an all time high.

Washington needs to come up with a comprehensive energy policy.A target of a 10% reduction in oil consumption implemented through a conservation policy would be a good start IMO.

I agree we need to slowly start looking into cutting back our oil consumptions and then the leverage that Chavez would hold on the U.S. would be equal to that of Kenya.
0 Replies