Judge Orders release of Abu Ghraib photos

Rob cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:38 pm
Does anyone else think that this should be looked at as more than a simple case supporting the Freedom of Information Act? Shouldn't national security trump FIA? Pictures were already released, yeah, bad things happened. Will new pictures really benefit anyone? Gotta love the ACLU.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170796,00.html

Quote:

Hellerstein said in his 50-page opinion that he respected Myers' arguments. But he added that his job was "not to defer to our worst fears, but to interpret and apply the law, in this case, the Freedom of Information Act, which advances values important to our society, transparency and accountability in government."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,576 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:42 pm
@Rob cv,
The World hates us regardless of us releasing those pictures.

It will just confirm to France that yes, they still hate us.

I do not see it having the impact that the press is trying to make it out to have.
0 Replies

Rob cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:47 pm
@Rob cv,
The last time a press report came out the fit hit the shan and a good number of americans died.

As stated in that article, it will just give another driving factor for enrollment and attacks on us. I think that is a straight forward fact when you thinking like those fundamentalists. The original pictures made us look bad. Sure. However, this will restoke that fire which has died down. I guarantee you that if they come out, there will be a rapid series of attacks and bombings immediately after release.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:51 pm
@Rob cv,
Rob wrote:
The last time a press report came out the fit hit the shan and a good number of americans died.

As stated in that article, it will just give another driving factor for enrollment and attacks on us. I think that is a straight forward fact when you thinking like those fundamentalists. The original pictures made us look bad. Sure. However, this will restoke that fire which has died down. I guarantee you that if they come out, there will be a rapid series of attacks and bombings immediately after release.

We shall see, not much we can do now about it as always
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:52 pm
@Rob cv,
nope. i'd like to see all the photos personally, but not at the expense of our soldiers.
0 Replies

Rob cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:57 pm
@Rob cv,
Well, there is only one thing that can be done...and that is appeal. Thanks to our judicial system, they won't be coming out right away. hopefully it gets tied up in litigation for a long time.

And I agree with you nick. I want to see them too only because I found the originals entertaining and quite funny.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:03 am
@Rob cv,
Rob wrote:
Does anyone else think that this should be looked at as more than a simple case supporting the Freedom of Information Act? Shouldn't national security trump FIA? Pictures were already released, yeah, bad things happened. Will new pictures really benefit anyone? Gotta love the ACLU.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,170796,00.html
Yes, i think it is a lot more.National Security does trump FIA dealing with todays issues. New pics will benifit the terrorists! Talk about left wing agenda that ACLU.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:08 am
@Rob cv,
Rob wrote:

I bet we can count on the MSM to give it full exposure then. I don't see why we can't treat them like they treat us. We should just behead them right away, on national TV. Show them what real torture is.
0 Replies