Democrats Push for Withdrawl From Iraq in 4-6 Months

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:04 pm
Quote:
Democrats, who won majorities in the U.S. Congress in last week's elections, said on Sunday they will push for a phased withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq to begin in four to six months.

"The first order of business is to change the direction of Iraq policy," said Sen. Carl Levin (news, bio, voting record), a Michigan Democrat who is expected to be chairman of the

Big mistake :no:

Start U.S. Iraq withdrawal in 4-6 months: Democrats - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,534 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:22 pm
@Brent cv,
Why is it a mistake? A phased withdrawal doesn't mean a full scale withdrawl.

I haven't heard anything about how many troops would be involved or where they would be withdrawn from.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:42 pm
@Brent cv,
You have stated that we don't have enough troops in there now. Well then why are we going to withdraw them if the job isn't done?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:56 pm
@Brent cv,
I still don't believe we have, or have had, enough troops in Iraq. I think we lost focus of what our job was.

We are talking about withdrawing troops because the war is very unpopular and the voters want a withdrawl. I'm waiting to hear from Rumsfelds replacement to see what he says about Iraq.

Nothing has been decided yet. The Democrats are saying what voters want to hear. I'm only half listening to their suggestions. The Democrats aren't speaking with one voice yet.
EMTKid

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 08:46 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
That's extremely dangerous for those who are not the first to withdraw. They will not have enough numbers to be safe. The attacks will increase in frequency and intensity and we will lose more soldiers.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 08:59 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6598 wrote:
Why is it a mistake? A phased withdrawal doesn't mean a full scale withdrawl.

I haven't heard anything about how many troops would be involved or where they would be withdrawn from.
So what happens when all the "phased withdrawal"s are complete, would we be fully withdrawn by then?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:04 pm
@EMTKid,
EMTKid;6665 wrote:
That's extremely dangerous for those who are not the first to withdraw. They will not have enough numbers to be safe. The attacks will increase in frequency and intensity and we will lose more soldiers.
And the whole world will got to pot very quickly from there. Remember what happened in vietnam after the libs had there way? Pol Pot ring a bell. As in vietnam, we have had victory after military victory but it will be a political defeat and millions will die.
But the libs will be ok with it because they washed there hands of it long ago. But they did vote for it first before they voted against it.
0 Replies