John McCain Moving Toward Possible 2008 Presidential Bid

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:01 pm
Quote:
Republican Sen. John McCain said Sunday he is moving toward a possible 2008 presidential run by "doing things organizationally and legally" but will not make a final decision until early next year.

McCain, considered the front-runner for his party's presidential nomination, said he could launch an exploratory committee as early as this week.

"Are we doing the things organizationally and legally that need to be done? Yes," he said. "There are certain things legally you have to comply with in order to continue to raise money and set up an organization."

"The important thing is we will not make a decision until I sit down with my family, but we will be prepared," McCain said.

Good to hear. I like him and as it sits right now I will be voting for him.
FOXNews.com - Sen. McCain Moving Toward Possible 2008 Presidential Bid - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,233 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:16 pm
@Brent cv,
I'm not surprised he threw his hat into the ring. Some Republicans claim he isn't conservative enough.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:10 am
@Brent cv,
No surprise that he is getting ready , and no surprise that he is being cautious about it .
As for not being conservative enough , he fits the pattern of modern politicians , run as a centrist or close to it .
Mujahedin

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:31 pm
@Curmudgeon,
When he got in bed with Jerry Falwell, he lost my vote. :thumbdown:
0 Replies