Iran: We Will Retaliate Swiftly to Any Israeli Attack

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 07:58 pm
Quote:
Iran's Foreign Ministry said Sunday that his country's Revolutionary Guards would strongly and immediately respond to any Israeli attack as hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad harshly criticized the U.N. Security Council over its efforts to impose sanctions because of Tehran's controversial nuclear program.

"If the Zionist regime commits such stupidity, the response by the Iranian military will be swift, strong and crushing," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammed Ali Hosseini said. "Iran will take no longer than a second to respond."

Israeli officials have commented recently that the country's military would consider bombing Iranian nuclear facilities to thwart what it has described as an Iranian nuclear weapons program. Iran says its plans aim to generate electricity.

FOXNews.com - Iran: We Will Retaliate Swiftly to Any Israeli Attack - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,440 • Replies: 15
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:10 pm
@Brent cv,
Once again the U.S. will be involved if Israel strikes first. I recall reading that if Israel attacks Iran they will need our refueling aircraft because Israeli jets can't make the round trip without refueling.

I'd be totally surprised if Iran didn't retaliate.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:18 pm
@Brent cv,
How do you believe they will retaliate?

Their planes would never make it into Israel, their ships would be destroyed by the US presence/Israeli presence in the area.

Their only plan of attack is lobbing missiles into Israeli and that can only go so far when your enemy can actually get inside your country with aircraft and troops.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:27 pm
@Brent cv,
Those missles you referred to can be quite lethal, espically if they carry chemical or biological warheads.

I don't see Israel putting ground troops in Iran. I'm thinking airstrikes.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 08:41 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6599 wrote:
Those missles you referred to can be quite lethal, espically if they carry chemical or biological warheads.

I don't see Israel putting ground troops in Iran. I'm thinking airstrikes.

Yes but Chemical or Biological weapon attacks would only further Israel's ground for going to war and unite other countries against Iran. I don't think they can afford to do that.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 09:03 pm
@Brent cv,
If Israel attacks Iran, what choice will Iran have? Iran is being backed into a corner.

I'm not certain what Iran has for an arsenal, but I'm sure they would launch everything they have.

I'll have to read up on what Iran has for weapons.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 09:34 pm
@Brent cv,
The same choice that Iraq had when Israel bombed their Nuclear Reactor. To just accept it.
Mujahedin

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 10:02 pm
@Brent cv,
One thing you can take to the bank. Any Israeli aircrew member better have a poison pill handy. If their aircraft should be shot down, the American pilots stay at the Hanoi Hilton will seem like a gravy train compared to what will happen to the captured Israelis. :eek:
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:08 pm
@Brent cv,
I kinda hope Iran tried to retaliate..An enemy of Isreal is an enemy of God..Irans demise might not happen at first.. but it would happen.
Mujahedin

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:48 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;6606 wrote:
I kinda hope Iran tried to retaliate..An enemy of Isreal is an enemy of God..Irans demise might not happen at first.. but it would happen.

And what God would that be, GoodBoy? Jehovah? Allah? Heavenly Father? Brahma? Thor? Juno? Venus? The numbers are endless. :dunno:
Brent cv

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:51 pm
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6607 wrote:
And what God would that be, GoodBoy? Jehovah? Allah? Heavenly Father? Brahma? Thor? Juno? Venus? The numbers are endless. :dunno:

Laughing I was waiting for that
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 01:17 am
@Mujahedin,
Mujahedin;6607 wrote:

There is only one. Any nation that goes against Israel will perish. I was waiting too.

Zechariah 9:1-8(NKJV)
[1] The burden of the word of the LORD Against the land of Hadrach, And Damascus its resting place (For the eyes of men And all the tribes of Israel Are on the LORD);
[2] Also against Hamath, which borders on it, And against Tyre and Sidon, though they are very wise.
[3] For Tyre built herself a tower, Heaped up silver like the dust, And gold like the mire of the streets.
[4] Behold, the Lord will cast her out; He will destroy her power in the sea, And she will be devoured by fire.
[5] Ashkelon shall see it and fear; Gaza also shall be very sorrowful; And Ekron, for He dried up her expectation. The king shall perish from Gaza, And Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
[6] “ A mixed race shall settle in Ashdod, And I will cut off the pride of the Philistines.
[7] I will take away the blood from his mouth, And the abominations from between his teeth. But he who remains, even he shall be for our God, And shall be like a leader in Judah, And Ekron like a Jebusite.
[8] I will camp around My house Because of the army, Because of him who passes by and him who returns. No more shall an oppressor pass through them, For now I have seen with My eyes."
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:06 am
@GoodBoy,
So there is only one god, and Israel just happens to know their god is the only true god.:cool:

That is how this whole mess started in the Middle East.

I love how both sides can fight with a bible in one hand and a rifle in the other.That would be great if they didn't drag everyone else into the conflict.

How any god could kill innocent people in the name of religion is beyond me.

Israel has nuclear weapons. It's a no-brainer. Iran might be turned into a parking lot.Very Happy
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 05:26 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Very Happy But isn't all this moot ?
The UN is going to solve all these conflicts !
GoodBoy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6610 wrote:
So there is only one god, and Israel just happens to know their god is the only true god.:cool:

That is how this whole mess started in the Middle East.

I love how both sides can fight with a bible in one hand and a rifle in the other.That would be great if they didn't drag everyone else into the conflict.

How any god could kill innocent people in the name of religion is beyond me.

Israel has nuclear weapons. It's a no-brainer. Iran might be turned into a parking lot.Very Happy

It IS hard to understand. I can't fathom why Israel is Gods Chosen people and why Israel and the Middle East will never see lasting peace with each other... however it was predicted in the Holy Bible and thats exactly whats happened.
As far as why God can kill innocent people.. only answer I can think of is that they are the victims of humankinds evil hearts and the choices that are made.

Its very hard to understand this World and the crazy way it functions. Only way I get though it is to try and understand as much about Gods nature and trust in his love as I can.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:11 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;6614 wrote:
Very Happy But isn't all this moot ?
The UN is going to solve all these conflicts !
LOL, good one.
0 Replies