Is Bush really as bad as people think he is?

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 11:20 pm
I was sitting here thinking to myself about this. Look at the time frame Bush has been in Office. We have seen the internet be reborn from its fall after the .com boom. It's now all about Social networking and blogging. This means that those that now liberals (even conservatives) have an easy way to voice their opinion to a mass number of people and they can do it at rapid rates. With sites like Digg.com and Netscape.com allowing "normal" everyday people to submit news items or "opinion" articles these peoples voices are now being heard, no matter how radical and twisted it is. This also means that it is very easy to twist the facts and get away with it. People read it and believe it for fact because of the source that has it posted. People think Netscape.com and they think credibility. Well what happens when the next Michael Moore gets his voice heard and it only presents half the facts and they are twisted in a way that your average gullable person thinks they are true? Netscape.com nets 1-2 million unique people a month. That's alot of people being fed news that is less than credible.

So what is your opinion on it all? Is Bush really that bad or is the new internet era just making it seem like it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 12:08 am
@Brent cv,
Brent , I think it just looks that way because of the number of hits they get . As you said , anyone can say anything and be heard by millions these days , that doesn't mean they are right or or wrong . Best bet is to read all you have time and inclination to read , and sort it out yourself . Do not limit yourself to only listening to people who agree with you , that is the road to blindness politically .
I have always felt that if a person has searched for the truth of a matter in a diligent fashion , then the position he has arrived at is correct for him . It is when you fail to study both sides of an issue that you fail to make the correct decision .
Consider this -
" It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. "
Aristotle
Greek critic, philosopher, physicist, & zoologist (384 BC - 322 BC)
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:35 am
@Brent cv,
Good point, Curmudgeon. I don't think Bush is as bad as everyone makes him out to be, but I've also never seen a president hit with this much criticism. I know Carter didn't get it, and he was terrible.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Carter was in a very different time . He was terrible , but people just didn't say bad things as loud then as now , nor did they have the easy venting system we have now with the internet .
Plus , those who really didn't like him were on the right and that was the silent majority , now the haters are on the left for the most part and have the media on their side generally .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 08:09 am
@Brent cv,
And they sure whine the loudest, LOL. Even though they have a PA system.
0 Replies

rex b

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:33 am
@Brent cv,
Bush isn't the worst no, I could think of many things that could be worse. But a person who rarely admits they are wrong, or they don't know is a person of selfishness to me.

Not to mention his pulbic speaking skills are about a 0
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 07:36 pm
@Brent cv,
I think he really believes he is not wrong .
And , I believe part of his apparent poor speaking skill is show . I think Bush is probably a lot smarter than he appears to the public .
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:28 am
@Brent cv,
A few years ago, I heard that Bush was taught to speak like he's from the South when he was running for office in Texas. He grew up in New England, which is why his dad didn't speak like a Southerner, and that accent's fake. You can hear the New England accent when he forgets about the Southern accent.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 03:04 pm
@Brent cv,
Presidents get a lot of blame and credit for things they had nothing to do with ...but he if he is being wrongly portrayed he has no one but himself to blame ...The man is deeply flawed which is no crime because we all are ...except for the fact he fuses to acknowledge it and make adjustments...the lack of self awarenes and self examination and this gut thinking he is famous for has always bothered me. I voted for Reagan twice and would do it again if I was suddenly put in a time machine and whisked back to 1980..It has always been my considered opinion that Ronnie never would have invaded Iraq.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:47 pm
@Brent cv,
You also have to consider that it isn't only americans that use the internet, and while you still have the republican party supporting him in the USA and giving him good publicity, all we are being fed is anti-american BS. I can honestly say that at least here in Brasil Bush's name is mud, as for most americans. That is relevent, because these non-americans also voice their opinions which are greatly influenced by the media, and the media makes him out to be a terrorist, and the american people to be brain-washed over patriotic imperialist pigs.
Conserning Bush, I think he isn't all bad, I mean he did install a democracy in Iraq, and he is fighting now a war which the whole world would support if the 9/11 bombing or similar had happen to them, and it probably would if the Al-Qaeda hadn't been violently repressed and many of key leaders killed, they would soon escalate to an even greater issue. though they are regaining their power...but that doesn't regard this thread.
0 Replies