House Votes to Support Israel

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 11:27 am
Quote:
The House, displaying a foreign affairs solidarity lacking on issues like Iraq, voted overwhelmingly Thursday to support Israel in its confrontation with Hezbollah guerrillas.

The resolution, which was passed on a 410-8 vote, also condemns enemies of the Jewish state.

House Republican leader John Boehner cited Israel's "unique relationship" with the United States as a reason for his colleagues to swiftly go on record supporting Israel in the latest flare-up of violence in the Mideast.

FOXNews.com - House Votes to Support Israel's Confrontation in Lebanon - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,209 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2006 11:59 am
@Brent cv,
I personally support what Israel's doing in the Middle East, but I wouldn't like to see us get involved until Israel starts losing. Since I don't see that happening, I hope we stay out of it and concentrate on training Iraq's soldiers so we can get out.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 09:04 am
@Brent cv,
We will never fully get out. We will always have bases and troops there. I hope Israel rocks the terrorists. And any one that gets in there way.
I also think if any other Arab group getts in on the act with Israel, whether they be terrorist or not we may get involved? Not including the Lebanese.
0 Replies