USA-Closer to a Police State

pistoff

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:00 pm
WASHINGTON -- Congress is poised to approve new legislation that amounts to the first substantive expansion of the controversial USA Patriot Act since it was approved just after the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1121-01.htm

If this Regime gets re-elelcted the USA will be an Oligarchical Police State.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 546 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:11 pm
Pistoff, although I sympathize with you and share your viewpoint, take a lot of what you find on Common Dreams that does not hail from a reputable source with a large grain of salt. Many of us view Coomon Dreams as the equivalent to FOX or the NY Post.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:35 pm
Perhaps.
I view many other sources. I also know that that Patriot Act 2 is being subtely included in various bills, hidden so that many don't even realize that the new repression laws are there.

If the Supreme Court dodges the "enemy combatant" issue or rules that it is alright to hold prisoners sans any rights, it will confirm what I am saying that the USA is closer to a Police State and will become one in a few years.

I am also convinced that the USA is an Oligarchy.
0 Replies