Why does the United States not want Iran to get Nuclear Weapons?

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:17 pm
@Brent cv,
None of what you constitutes as proof. What i read is mostly opinion. IMO all this would of had to of been set up before we even went to war. For it to the reason we went in. And If you didn't know, even though there were 18 resolutions against Iraq from the UN. The UN is very biased against the US.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:22 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
>>I have indicated no such thing<<

Okay, I apologize, my fault.

>>The voices in your head apparently.....<<

Wow, relax, mon ami. you're acting as if your blood-pressure is going through the roof, jeeeez!

>>Perhaps it is time to increase the thorizine dosage<<
Are you using it yourself?

Non, merci garcon. Je prefere un biere de Bushlight s'il vous plait.
This is America buddy, we speak english. If you are going to post a foreign language i suggest you also print a translation of it. If not i will see about deleting them from your posts. There have been comments of your creative use of the english language, makes me wonder what your saying in another?
tikala

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
So, you copy a bunch of opinion articles, and expect me to take them as fact? haha

I don't expect anything from you and I don't remember asking you anything.
0 Replies

tikala

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
This is America buddy, we speak english. If you are going to post a foreign language i suggest you also print a translation of it. If not i will see about deleting them from your posts. There have been comments of your creative use of the english language, makes me wonder what your saying in another?

What, I didn't expect to see/read this from you, a scientist?

I THOUGHT ANY SCIENTIST CAN AT LEAST UNDERSTAND A LITTLE OF THE THREE COMMON WORLD LANGUAGES, ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH.
OR AT LEAST SPEAK MORE THAN ONE OF THOSE LANGUAGES.

BTW, I learned some french in an American Highschool and I know that some on this forum can speak it too. Who that is, find out for yourself.

If you don't like French, stop eating french fries !

For the rest, adieu mon ""le grand Scientist", mama mia !

>>If not i will see about deleting them from your post<<

You really sound like Dubya : "Bring it on, bring it on", wow phenomenal !
Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:18 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:

I THOUGHT ANY SCIENTIST CAN AT LEAST UNDERSTAND A LITTLE OF THE THREE COMMON WORLD LANGUAGES, ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH.

BTW, I learned some french in an American Highschool and I know that some on this forum can speak it too. Who that is, find out for yourself.

Quote:

There you go assuming again?
Quote:

Why would i want to find out that? English is all i need here, but if you persist?
Quote:
When did they change for Freedom Fries?
Quote:

You really sound like Dubya : "Bring it on, bring it on", wow phenomenal

Has nothing to do with Dubya, has to do with being a mod. But being so i think i may end up with the final say?
cranston36 cv

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:11 pm
@tikala,
The United States doesn't want Iran to open an oil bourse.

They had planned to move all oil trading to Iran this year but the Iranian president is such an idiot that he thinks that waving a nuclear weapon around will do more damage than quietly pulling all the money out of the oil market in New York, London, Paris and Berlin.

George Bush is a shrewd man and all he has to do is get the Iranians all worked up and hot and lathered and 'whack!'. That's the end of the 'nuclear' problem as well as the real problem.

No one said the Iranian government was all that smart.

Do you recall when they kicked out the Shah and the first thing they did to celebrate was kidnap Americans?

It must be really boring over there.
tikala

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
There you go assuming again?

Why would i want to find out that? English is all i need here, but if you persist?
When did they change for Freedom Fries?

Has nothing to do with Dubya, has to do with being a mod. But being so i think i may end up with the final say?

>>Freedom Fries<<

Freedom from antisemitism? I'm not assuming...I'm just asking, mon grand 'Scientist"

BTW mon grand "Scientist" means : my great "Scientist" (Feeling better?)
tikala

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:34 pm
@cranston36 cv,
cranston36 wrote:

They had planned to move all oil trading to Iran this year but the Iranian president is such an idiot that he thinks that waving a nuclear weapon around will do more damage than quietly pulling all the money out of the oil market in New York, London, Paris and Berlin.

Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon to wave around.

Pakistan, a muslim nation has many, China a communist nation has a couple of hundreds, maybe thousands, who knows, North Korea another communist nation, we don't know how many they have.

Iraq doesn't have nuclear bombs either, just like Iran.

But what Iran and Iraq have, and the other 3 nations above mentioned don't have is ... OIL.

I rest my case.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:49 pm
@cranston36 cv,
cranston36 wrote:

George Bush is a shrewd man and all he has to do is get the Iranians all worked up and hot and lathered and 'whack!'. That's the end of the 'nuclear' problem as well as the real problem.

No one said the Iranian government was all that smart.

Do you recall when they kicked out the Shah and the first thing they did to celebrate was kidnap Americans?

It must be really boring over there.

Holy **** he responded to a thread.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:50 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapon to wave around.

Pakistan, a muslim nation has many, China a communist nation has a couple of hundreds, maybe thousands, who knows, North Korea another communist nation, we don't know how many they have.

Iraq doesn't have nuclear bombs either, just like Iran.

But what Iran and Iraq have, and the other 3 nations above mentioned don't have is ... OIL.

I rest my case.

That is a HORRIBLE case to rest on. The whole point is to prevent these countries from obtaining Nuclear Weapons. Not let them have them and then remove them. :dunno:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:07 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
>>Freedom Fries<<

Freedom from antisemitism? I'm not assuming...I'm just asking, mon grand 'Scientist"

Quote:
Freedom from antisemitism?

I don't know, are you being oppressed?
Quote:

Feelin fine, and you?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:08 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Holy crap he responded to a thread.

LOL, i thought the same thing, LOL!
0 Replies

Bigbird cv

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:22 pm
@Brent cv,
I have never believed that Bush invaded Iraq to obtain oil. I always felt it was to drive the price of oil waaaaayyy up.
Exxon as an example has become one of the most profitable companies in the world during the last 4 years.

Where Iran is concerned, Gee, Bush is accusing another country of trying to obtain the same weapons he already has.
Cant we get a President from, say um.. Oregon in power.. He would probably attack Canada to drive the price of lumber up ... lol
Drnaline

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 06:04 am
@Bigbird cv,
Bigbird wrote:
I have never believed that Bush invaded Iraq to obtain oil. I always felt it was to drive the price of oil waaaaayyy up.
Exxon as an example has become one of the most profitable companies in the world during the last 4 years.

Where Iran is concerned, Gee, Bush is accusing another country of trying to obtain the same weapons he already has.
Cant we get a President from, say um.. Oregon in power.. He would probably attack Canada to drive the price of lumber up ... lol
Bush gave three main reasons for going in. Oil was none of them.
Exxon is beholden to there stock holders who require the leadership to make them money, it's called free enterprise. If you have three apple's that you bought for a dollar then the price goes up to two dollar. Do you sell the apple for what you bought it for or what it cost to replace your stock?
0 Replies

Bigbird cv

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:36 pm
@Brent cv,
Where Exxon is concerned, I really dont mind them making $35 billion in profits during 2005. I figure big oil paid to get Bush into power and they are just getting the return on the investment.

Bush did give 3 reasons for going into Iraq. Most countries America called Allies didnt agree with him. So they agreed to disagree, and America with Britains help invaded Iraq.

The Bush administration has offered all sorts of reasons for invading Iraq. The original and primary reason was always the need to stop Saddam Hussein's development of Weapons of Mass Destruction, but that has become untenable. All sorts of post hoc rationalizations have been tried, with new ones appearing more and more often now

When Bush wanted war he told the UN to act, or become irrelivant. Later he complained that the UN wasnt supporting his rebuilding efforts, and most countries which refused to believe the US war cry still will not help.

What he did accomplish was to drive the country into 780 trillion dollars in debt. The currency value has fallen due to the economy being in a shambles. The American people have lost the "blood lust" which developed after 9-11 and support for the war is falling.
This has created an opportunity for countries like North Korea to announce there nuclear power. Iran is nearly taunting the USA to attack, knowing it will not be supported in the 52 states. The war has made Russia wealthy again and they are again spending huge sums on military technology.

Bush will go into history as one of the worst Presidents in history. Most of the rest of the world already sees him as such. The next President will be forced to spend most of his first term cleaning up the economic mess and rebuilding Americas international relationships.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 11:38 am
@Bigbird cv,
Bigbird wrote:
Where Exxon is concerned, I really dont mind them making $35 billion in profits during 2005. I figure big oil paid to get Bush into power and they are just getting the return on the investment.

Bush did give 3 reasons for going into Iraq. Most countries America called Allies didnt agree with him. So they agreed to disagree, and America with Britains help invaded Iraq.

The Bush administration has offered all sorts of reasons for invading Iraq. The original and primary reason was always the need to stop Saddam Hussein's development of Weapons of Mass Destruction, but that has become untenable. All sorts of post hoc rationalizations have been tried, with new ones appearing more and more often now

When Bush wanted war he told the UN to act, or become irrelivant. Later he complained that the UN wasnt supporting his rebuilding efforts, and most countries which refused to believe the US war cry still will not help.

What he did accomplish was to drive the country into 780 trillion dollars in debt. The currency value has fallen due to the economy being in a shambles. The American people have lost the "blood lust" which developed after 9-11 and support for the war is falling.
This has created an opportunity for countries like North Korea to announce there nuclear power. Iran is nearly taunting the USA to attack, knowing it will not be supported in the 52 states. The war has made Russia wealthy again and they are again spending huge sums on military technology.

Bush will go into history as one of the worst Presidents in history. Most of the rest of the world already sees him as such. The next President will be forced to spend most of his first term cleaning up the economic mess and rebuilding Americas international relationships.
Quote:

I thought it was the voting process that got him into power?
Quote:

By most do you mean the ones that were on the take from "oil for food"? Because from what i see most of the countrys in the UN were there and are still there. That to me means they agree with us. Are they menial to you that you do not include them in your statement?
Quote:

It has become untenable for hussien is right, He'll be lucky if they just hang him.
Quote:

The did act, they gave the ok to attack saddam. The reason some others will not help is because they are mad over there lost revenue generator. Not are problem they were dealing with a madman. Who the whole world thought he had and would use WMD's, not just the president mind you who according to your view single handedly manipulated intellegence that foooled the world. Not bad for someone many consider a chimp?
Quote:

Economy in the toilet heah? Where? Two wars, quite a few hurricanes, and still manages to generate jobs and a properous economy, where are you gettin your info? Wait for the next attack and it won't belong till good times are hear again, LOL.
Quote:

North Korea, didn't Clinton send them a few nuke reactors? By 52 states going along? Are you thinking of your state leaving the union? Russia at war? With who? You must be talking the war with terrorists, of which they are not a participant of on the front! I know no other front on which Russia makes ones country wealthy again. And if so why you think it OK for Russia to do it but not Bush? Little hypocritical are we?
Quote:

Well untill you get him impeached he will far no further the clintons slide from grace. As he once said, Bush don't care what the rest of the world thinks, that's why there mad. We can live with it, otherwise he wouldn't be doin it. If it's a repug that stays in power, you'll have nothing but the same song to sing till next time. Try and make it look like a mess but all i smell is roses. You need a little some thing more your opinion saying that it's a mess?
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Yup, if we were stealing there oil why would we be paying 3 bucks a gallon?

We pay 3 dollars a gallon because I buy gas from a Mobil station. It is the cheapest, and I buy gas where it's cheap. It's a vicious cycle, and it has nothing to do with Iraq.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Sun 4 Jun, 2006 03:10 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:

I know plenty of scientists that could care less about the "French" that you're speaking, and most of them know more Greek or Latin than they do French. I mean, I know French is a *HUGE* part of scientific terms, but that's what we have translators on Google for. HAH

Good thing French Fries(sic) represent our deeply historical roots with France. You make a lot of sense.

And by the way, when have we used nuclear weapons on a country within the past 60 years?

You speak French to make yourself appear intelligent and culturally aware. You have no other reasons to speak French in here, because you're apparently not from France, and you don't speak enough to be "translating" or whatever for the primarily French-speaking members of this forum. Callate por favor.
0 Replies