Arrests made in church fires

Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:16 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Nope but I am not the one swearing up and down it is a hate crime either. Just asking the person swearing up and down it is to prove it. I don't know what their intentions were anymore than Drnaline.

Does anyone have a list of all the churches targetted

I didn't swear. I am of the opinion it is a hate crime.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:45 pm
@Brent cv,
"Swearing up and down" is just a figure of speech meaning that you insistently say that the acts were hate crimes.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:49 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
You ask me to prove all this why? I am not the one swearing up and down it is or isnt a hate crime. I do not know.

You however have the one track mind that it was a hate crime so I ask you to give a little substance to it.
Quote:
You ask me to prove all this why? I am not the one swearing up and down it is or isnt a hate crime. I do not know.

If i'm swearing up you must be swearing down. If i remember right you say it is not a hate crime?

Quote:
You however have the one track mind that it was a hate crime so I ask you to give a little substance to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

Hate crimes are crimes (such as violent crime, hate speech or vandalism) that are motivated by feelings of hostility against any identifiable group of people within a society. If systematic, rather than spontaneous, instigators of such crimes are sometimes organized into hate groups.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:50 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
"Swearing up and down" is just a figure of speech meaning that you insistently say that the acts were hate crimes.

I understand but by the same token he claims the opposite.
ndjs

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 06:55 pm
@Brent cv,
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183704,00.html

That article I believe lists all the churches from the first night.

AND also contains a very key sentence.
Quote:
Most of the churches were Baptist and all were in Bibb County, about 25 miles south of Birmingham.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:00 pm
@Brent cv,
Fast Facts: Alabama Churches Damaged in Fires
Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The following Alabama churches were damamged by a string of fires in early February:

Bibb County, reported Feb. 3:

Ashby Baptist Church in Brierfield — destroyed

Pleasant Sabine near Centreville — destroyed

Rehobeth Baptist in the Lawley community — destroyed

Old Union Baptist at Brierfield — minimal damage

Antioch Baptist at Antioch — minimal damage

Green County, reported Feb. 7:

Morning Star Missionary Baptist off County Road 20 in Boligee — destroyed

Pickens County, reported Feb. 7:

Dancy First Baptist Church off Highway 17 near Aliceville — damaged

Sumter County, reported Feb. 7:

Galilee Baptist Church in the Panola community — destroyed

Spring Valley Baptist Church off Highway 116 near Emelle — damaged

Lamar County, reported Feb. 11:

Beaverton Freewill Baptist Church on County 49, east of Sulligent — severely damaged.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:05 pm
@Brent cv,
I did a search of Pleasant Sabine and it too is baptist.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:21 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I understand but by the same token he claims the opposite.

I'm not claiming it isnt a hate crime. What I am saying is there is not suffecient proof for you to say it is and not leave the door open for the chance they did not target just baptists.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 07:21 pm
@Drnaline,
Now go find out how many non baptist churches are in those counties, in RURAL ALABAMA.

Not in Downtown Birmingham but IN RURAL areas.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:50 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
I'm not claiming it isnt a hate crime. What I am saying is there is not suffecient proof for you to say it is and not leave the door open for the chance they did not target just baptists.
Quote:
I do not believe it was a hate crime
Quote:
It's not a hate crime in the legal sense.

Post seven and ten prospectively.
I can leave the door open, but even though I do it does not mean they would target others then Baptists.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:04 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Now go find out how many non baptist churches are in those counties, in RURAL ALABAMA.

Not in Downtown Birmingham but IN RURAL areas.
My search for Brierfield alone comes up with a few.
Riverpoint church
Christian life felloswhip
Alabaster first united methodist church
Aldrich assembly of God
Amazing Grace worship center
Apostolic thruth center
Apostolic way of life ministry
The Birmingham church
Brashers Chapel church
Calera church of Christ
Calera first united

That's the first page. http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?t=0&v=13&s=0&q=CHURCHES&ci=Chelsea&st=AL&From=rp&_requestid=122537
Brent cv

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:20 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Post seven and ten prospectively.
I can leave the door open, but even though I do it does not mean they would target others then Baptists.

I said I do not believe

I have opened the door up that it COULD be their motive to only target Baptists but I know nothing about their views to make a exact decision on this.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:21 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
My search for Brierfield alone comes up with a few.
Riverpoint church
Christian life felloswhip
Alabaster first united methodist church
Aldrich assembly of God
Amazing Grace worship center
Apostolic thruth center
Apostolic way of life ministry
The Birmingham church
Brashers Chapel church
Calera church of Christ
Calera first united

That's the first page. http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?t=0&v=13&s=0&q=CHURCHES&ci=Chelsea&st=AL&From=rp&_requestid=122537

They dont tell me where they are located?? That link sends me to many different cities of which are not rural. Cities does not equal rural. These kids did not go into cities and burn churches. They burned churches in rural areas where there was very little traffic or light to be seen.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:01 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
They dont tell me where they are located?? That link sends me to many different cities of which are not rural. Cities does not equal rural. These kids did not go into cities and burn churches. They burned churches in rural areas where there was very little traffic or light to be seen.
Quote:
They dont tell me where they are located??

Quote:

That is not what you asked. I'm not a mind reader. I guess i shouldn't of taken it in the literal sense, LOL? So if a city in in a county that is not permited? Even though it is listed by a city yellow page ad. Also being you are located in AL. you can probably go see where they are located yourself. Or try using mapquest or something.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:27 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
That is not what you asked. I'm not a mind reader. I guess i shouldn't of taken it in the literal sense, LOL? So if a city in in a county that is not permited? Even though it is listed by a city yellow page ad. Also being you are located in AL. you can probably go see where they are located yourself. Or try using mapquest or something.

I know the cities in the yellow pages and those churches are located within those decent size cities. Within the city limites does not equal rural.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:52 pm
@Brent cv,
I don't think you can win this argument drnaline.

We live in the area, well I specificially do. I have seen at least 2 of the burned churches from the road as I was just driving to another destination. I know what churches are around, what churches would be easily found, etc.
ohiosweetheart

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:53 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
IMO this discussion is going nowhere .

pretty much... :cool:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
@Brent cv,
Where you going? No where.. your going no where
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:20 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I don't think you can win this argument drnaline.

We live in the area, well I specificially do. I have seen at least 2 of the burned churches from the road as I was just driving to another destination. I know what churches are around, what churches would be easily found, etc.

Then you guys are more able to answer the question with out so much research time but why would you give me ammo for my arguement.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:21 pm
@Brent cv,
I did find this though. http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/alabama_church_fires/flash.htm
0 Replies