How much did Ken Starr spend on impeaching Clinton compared to Libby/Rove/Liberals?

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:56 pm
Numbers anyone? Resources? Interesting to see this. :cool:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,368 • Replies: 7
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:22 am
@Brent cv,
This is a pdf file on expenses relating to the investigation of Clinton by the Independent Council. It shows a variety of expenses incured by more than one investigation , the biggest expense being the Whitewater investigation, roughly $40 million itself.
http://icreport.access.gpo.gov/lewinsky/appe.pdf

The Lewinsky investigation was around $6 million.http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=244867
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 05:22 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Carl Rove and Scotter Libby information might be a bit difficult to obtain.
Libbys indictment was handed down in Oct,06. It's an ongoing investigation.

Rove hasn't been indicted yet, so I guess it' also is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/09/29/LI2005092901976.html

The above link was an artical from October when Libby was indicted. It has info on both Libby and Rove, but no cost of prosecution.

Libbys trial doesn't start until Jan,2007, after mid term elections.:wink:
Maybe Drnaline knows of some links on costs. He brought up Rove and Libby.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:05 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I get the impression Libby might spill the beans on his superiors. He is Chief of Staff to Cheney, so wouldn't Cheney know what he was doing? Hmm:D

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/09/cia.leak/index.html

I think Libby will implicate someone, it's just not clear who.:confused:
Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:59 am
@Brent cv,
Libby will implicate the MSM. Wilson will be decribed for the liar he is. The Left will spend millions, probably more then on Sklinton. And all they got was a scooter, LOL. How many Gran Jurys have they gone through now? Sure Cheney would know what he was doing, he has a higher clearence then scooter. But as the law states, Plame had do be covert and i think we all know she wasn't! Hence the only thing they can probably get anyone for is purgery. And if by chance scooter is convicted of that, i feel a presidential pardon coming. Just like sklinton did
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:09 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
I get the impression Libby might spill the beans on his superiors. He is Chief of Staff to Cheney, so wouldn't Cheney know what he was doing? Hmm:D

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/09/cia.leak/index.html

I think Libby will implicate someone, it's just not clear who.:confused:
Key statement from the artical
Quote:
"authorized to disclose information about the National Intelligence Estimate to the press by his superiors. A legal source involved in the case tells CNN that Libby did not testify to and has never suggested that anyone in the administration -- including Cheney -- authorized disclosing the name of CIA agent Valerie Plame."

Nothing in there about being covert, hence not a crime. So tell me which you think is worse? The NSA leak or the Plame leak?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:33 am
@Drnaline,
I'd have to pick the Plame leak as the more serious of the two.

The NSA leak was a whistleblower case. Someone exposed what is currently being debated as an illegal covert operation without proper authority.

The Plame leak was an intentional leak meant to dispell any credibility of claims Joseph Wilson was making concerning the " Yellowcake" documents.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
I'd have to pick the Plame leak as the more serious of the two.

The NSA leak was a whistleblower case. Someone exposed what is currently being debated as an illegal covert operation without proper authority.

The Plame leak was an intentional leak meant to dispell any credibility of claims Joseph Wilson was making concerning the " Yellowcake" documents.
According to the definition of the law, she had to be covert and there had to be malice intent. Fitzy is still unable to prove either. Perjury is all he has. On the other hand the NSA leak was at least a disgruntal employee with a axe to grind. Who devuldged a REAL covert opperation. So to you if they are whitleblowers it is not a crime? Sounds like you hold a double standard?

Quote:

What exactly did they leak intensionally that was illegal? Wilson's wife was the expert about MWD's, not Wilson. His wife has admitted to suggesting her husband for the supposed mission, why would she do that and not go herself? Funny the CIA would send some one who don't know **** about Yellowcake and keep the one that does (who by the way is not covert) in the states? Not sign a disclosure statement so he could rant his head off and publish any amount of columns and TV appearence, Hummmmm? Sounds to me the CIA has something against our commander and chief?
0 Replies