Should the US Senate Confirm Samuel Alito?

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:01 am
Should the United States senate confirm Judge Samuel Alito? Let us know!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 15
No top replies

NaterG

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:59 am
@Brent cv,
To tell you the truth, I don't know a whole lot of what is going on, I haven't been following it a whole lot, however, from the bit I have seen and read about him, it seems as though he would be a good choice for the spot. So I vote yes.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:25 pm
@Brent cv,
I think he will help reverse R v W, so yes
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:21 pm
@Brent cv,
Stand up guy from what i've seen.

But I hope he leaves Roe V Wade alone.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 04:05 am
@Brent cv,
Since this is Conflicting Views , I hope someone will post here some valid reason to NOT confirm him . I don't think there are any .
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:27 am
@Brent cv,
Well Alito was confirmed by a good majority.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:03 pm
@Brent cv,
I thought Kennedy was going to blow a gasket at the vote. I'm sure he cried after, unable to regain his old form and get a filibuster going. LOL Loved every minute of it.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:47 am
@Brent cv,
I hope Kennedy and his bunch showed some Democrats how silly and petty they can be , so that at least those Democrats that are thinkers rather than followers might come around to the idea that the far left is disconnected from the mainstream.
I also wish that what I feel is the mainstream ( ordinary Americans ) see them for what they are and go to the polls to get rid of them ! I know quite a few Democrats that do not agree with Kennedy , Clinton , et al .
I think Kennedy fouled his own nest with his attempt to denounce a fine selection for Chief Justice .
Brent cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:53 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
I hope Kennedy and his bunch showed some Democrats how silly and petty they can be , so that at least those Democrats that are thinkers rather than followers might come around to the idea that the far left is disconnected from the mainstream.
I also wish that what I feel is the mainstream ( ordinary Americans ) see them for what they are and go to the polls to get rid of them ! I know quite a few Democrats that do not agree with Kennedy , Clinton , et al .
I think Kennedy fouled his own nest with his attempt to denounce a fine selection for Chief Justice .

There are so many Democrats I despise. Pelosi, Kennedy, Kerry, Dean, Obauma....

One guy I got some respect for is Lieberman though. Wouldn't mind seeing McCain and Lieberman go for the 08 P/Vp ticket Wink
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:02 am
@Brent cv,
I would say i have new found repect for Lieberman. If i were ever to vote for a dem it would be him.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:18 pm
@Brent cv,
I guess I'm the only one that thought he was too much of an activist. Republican or not, I think the courts should be as moderate as possible (and leave RvW alone).
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:22 pm
@Brent cv,
I think him not any more an activist then Ginsburg. ACLU and all.
jatuab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:37 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I think him not any more an activist then Ginsburg. ACLU and all.

And that's why people like Ginsburg shouldn't be confirmed...two wrongs don't make a right
Drnaline

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:40 pm
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
And that's why people like Ginsburg shouldn't be confirmed...two wrongs don't make a right

Agreed, i just don't know your idea of "activist"? I know not of anything comparable for Alito, unless you mean about that college gig?
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:55 pm
@Brent cv,
He stated his intent to possibly overturn established precedents, if I'm not mistaken. I judge his level of activism to that of Cheif Justice Roberts though, and Roberts is the ideal judge in my eyes.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:25 am
@Brent cv,
I think it was Roberts that stated his intent to overturn but i could be mistaken.
0 Replies