What are you feelings on Judge Alito?

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
Just curious to get some input on him.

One thing I can say is that he is a stand up guy and that in itself means alot in the world of Politics.

I think he will make a fine judge and I think the liberals are just hanging on to everythread they possibly can Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,318 • Replies: 10
No top replies

STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
@Brent cv,
If he helps reverse Roe v. Wade, im all for this guy. I think he will make an lright judge on other issues as well.
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:34 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Just curious to get some input on him.

One thing I can say is that he is a stand up guy and that in itself means alot in the world of Politics.

I think he will make a fine judge and I think the liberals are just hanging on to everythread they possibly can Very Happy

nothing will change it will be business as always.

I doubt if we have even one real Conservative on the bench.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:18 am
@Robodoon,
Alito. By most accounts a Conservative. Seems to be a very intelligent man, who has a calm demeanor. He answered all the questions in what seemed as matter-of-factly as possible, but didn't give many clues concerning which way he would rule on any of the issues he might have to rule on.

His wife seemed emotional and upset by the questioning, which was a low point of the hearings. How many of us, the public, take our families to job interviews.:confused: I think that was a media stunt myself, but I felt bad for her just the same.

I didn't learn much about Alito, the judge. Most of his rulings are not really controversial . By listening to law professors doing interviews on their take of the hearings, they claimed the Democrats didn't ask the right questions to drill him on abortion, presidential power, etc.

Alito came along back in the Reagan era. They promoted Conservative judges with a theory that by loading up the courts with judges like Alito, and Roberts, they could curb the more liberal views of the court. They thought Americans were getting too many civil liberties, like abortion. The minute we heard the name Alito, we heard Roe v. Wade. Reagan would be loving this.

He should make a good Supreme Court Justice.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:33 pm
@Brent cv,
I think the Libs are hanging on by there last thread. If Alito is asked to vote on such a thing i believe he would never reverse it, just hand it back to the individual state's for which it came. Our cival liberties are constant and provided in the writen word of the Constitution. The old SCOTUS found it in there heart to award us new ones of which the Constitution did not provide for. Thus they were making law instead of interpreting it. Some thing they are not required to do. Congress makes, SCOTUS interprets. There is no right to an abortion, right to privacy, or many of the other things they have made up since Roe was inacted.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 04:44 pm
@Drnaline,
South Dakota is jumping on the band wagon. It just to get it to the State Senate. It passed by a good margin.

02/10/2006
SD House Approves Abortion Ban
The South Dakota House has passed a bill that would nearly ban all abortions in the state, ushering the issue to the state Senate.

Supporters are pushing the measure in hopes of drawing a legal challenge that will cause the US Supreme Court to reverse its 1973 decision legalizing abortion.

The bill banning all abortions in South Dakota was passed 47-to-22 in the House.

Amendments aimed at carving out exemptions for rape, incest and the health of women were rejected.

The bill does contain a loophole that allows abortions if women are in danger of dying. Doctors who do those abortions could not be prosecuted.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,45916
Brent cv

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:38 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
South Dakota is jumping on the band wagon. It just to get it to the State Senate. It passed by a good margin.

02/10/2006
SD House Approves Abortion Ban
The South Dakota House has passed a bill that would nearly ban all abortions in the state, ushering the issue to the state Senate.

Supporters are pushing the measure in hopes of drawing a legal challenge that will cause the US Supreme Court to reverse its 1973 decision legalizing abortion.

The bill banning all abortions in South Dakota was passed 47-to-22 in the House.

Amendments aimed at carving out exemptions for rape, incest and the health of women were rejected.

The bill does contain a loophole that allows abortions if women are in danger of dying. Doctors who do those abortions could not be prosecuted.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,45916

That is stupid why the would not amend it in cases of rape and incest
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:45 pm
@Brent cv,
^ That is opinion. Smile

personally, I'm all for abortion. I'm pro-choice, excepting crueler forms like dilation and evacuation and the partial birth abortions. Personally, I think anytime after 12 weeks is too late for abortion. By then, your baby has a brain.
Brent cv

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:42 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
^ That is opinion. Smile

personally, I'm all for abortion. I'm pro-choice, excepting crueler forms like dilation and evacuation and the partial birth abortions. Personally, I think anytime after 12 weeks is too late for abortion. By then, your baby has a brain.

What is opinion? I just think its dumb why they are trying to outlaw abortions for people who have been raped and people that have been victims of incest. :confused:
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:05 pm
@ndjs,
They passed it with a pretty good margin also. I wouldn't be surprised to see other states try it now. Abortions are a necessary tool to deal with unwant babies, but I prefer it be done early. I think partial-birth abortions are one of the cruelest forms of murder in our society.:nope:

I don't think abortions should be an out-patient procedure. I think they should make it at least inconvenient to get an abortion.

Some of these clinics are run by poor doctors. They need to be closely monitored.
0 Replies

rex b

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:26 pm
@Brent cv,
I don't mind the guy from a moral standpoint but I do have issues with his pro executive branch agenda. He does think the Pres. should have more power than he should and this way off from my political beliefs.
0 Replies