Alabama Governor calls for boycott of Aruba

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 12:52 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174934,00.html

Quote:
Gov. Bob Riley called for a nationwide travel boycott of Aruba on Tuesday until authorities on the Dutch Caribbean island cooperate more fully with the family of a teenager who has been missing since May.

Riley asked the governors of the other 49 states to join him in urging a boycott of Aruba on behalf of the family of Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old Mountain Brook High graduate last seen on the island on May 30.

Her mother, Beth Holloway-Twitty, joined Riley at the Alabama Capitol for the boycott announcement. She contends Aruban authorities have failed to adequately investigate the possible murder of her daughter, who was with a Dutch teenager and two Surinamese brothers on the night she disappeared.

The young men were held for a time but have been released.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,215 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 02:42 pm
@Brent cv,
I hope it ends up being nation wide. We'll show them which side there butter is on! When they heard right away the arubans started blaiming the Dutch?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:41 pm
@Brent cv,
I wouldn't normally agree with it, but the prosecutor has been extremely horrible as far as contact with Natalee's mother has been.
0 Replies

Scott cv

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:01 am
@Brent cv,
Im with you on this Nick, usually i wouldnt agree with somebody standing up saying "boycott aruba, dont visit aruba" or what have you. As funny as it may sound it is an acual crime scene in a way in aruba.Theres a missing girl who is apparently dead but could be anywhere which leads to prosecution especially of the people she had come into contact with and went down there with.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:37 am
@Brent cv,
The dad gets his day in court today. To see if he is still a suspect. If he is he looses his job. Needless to say i hope his is still a suspect.
0 Replies