Abortion: Should it be legal?

4therush

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:34 pm
@Drnaline,
Although I wouldnt want someone to abort my child, I do think it should be legal.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 05:00 pm
@Brent cv,
If it was my child, i would want to know before it was aborted.

But since there is no easy way to determine paternity of a fetus or embryo, you can't make that a rule.

I think abortion should be legal.

IMO, if I ran things, you'd get an abortion punch card, say like three spots. You can get an abortion 3 times, after that, tough ****, you're having a baby. You should have learned not to **** without a condom by then.

Excluding medical reason, which would require documentation.
ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:11 am
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
I don't believe abortion should exist at all. I do not base my opinions on this on any religious beliefs. I believe life has started upon conception and the taking of that life is no different than shooting someone in the street. I know arguments will come "it's just a bunch of cells" well to me that is the beginning of life and an abortion is ending life. As far as as women under 18, if they consider themselves mature enough to be having sex, then they should be mature enough to face the consequences for the actions.

YES!! I absolutely agree with this :thumbup:

Abortion is murder, no two ways about it.

however, if we can't get it overturned then..... the father should absolutely be notified, this should be a requirement.
It should be illegal for girls under 18 to have an abortion without their parents consent.

Can they have any other type of operation without parental consent? NO
can they buy cigarettes under 18? NO
can they buy alcohol under 18? NO

I rest my case
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:16 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
The choices available - abortion , adoption , parent adoption , keeping the child , etc.

exactly... there are too many other options available to warrant killing an unborn baby
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:28 am
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
Girls under 18 are protected by the same privacy laws that I would be protected by if I went in to have hemmorhoidal surgery, and their parents shouldn't have to be involved if that's outside of the girl's wishes. Same goes with husbands (although I fully support total honesty in relationships as well).

I agree with all of your statement but this.

Girls under 18 are not protected by privacy laws nor should they be. if a parent has to sign for them to have any other kind of surgery (and they do) then they should have to have parental consent for an abortion as well. Period
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:29 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
IMO, if I ran things, you'd get an abortion punch card, say like three spots. You can get an abortion 3 times, after that, tough ****, you're having a baby. You should have learned not to **** without a condom by then.

Excluding medical reason, which would require documentation.

LOL..totally agreed
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:53 pm
@Brent cv,
^ everybody else I tell that to thinks I'm crazy? :dunno:

Maybe I am. But it makes total sense to me. Very Happy
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
@Brent cv,
It makes absolute sense... the old "three strikes and you're out" rule lol
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:23 am
@Brent cv,
I think i like the way you think, Ohio. And the irony of the whole thing is feminists would call you uneducated, religious fanatic, and various other names.
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:01 pm
@Brent cv,
yeah well, I have a few names for them as well :p

thanks!
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
@ohiosweetheart,
ohiosweetheart wrote:
yeah well, I have a few names for them as well :p

thanks!

And yet you are of the opinion of the majority of women in this country. More outspoken, which i wish more would take a stance. Your welcome.
0 Replies