Abortion: Should it be legal?

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:03 am
Should we allow women to abort a child that they have concieved?

Further more should we allow women to make this decision without notifying the father of the child whether it be in marriage or outside of marriage?

Do we allow any girl under 18 to have an abortion? If so do we require parental consent?

I am interested to see your arguements on this.

I keep going back and forth on my view of abortion as I can see both sides. I do not base my view of abortion on relgion I base it on the effects it has on society both legal and illegal.

I will hold my opinion until I see some of your responses and I am able to respond to them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,927 • Replies: 50
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:27 am
@Brent cv,
Yes.

Yes.

Yes. No.
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:32 am
@Brent cv,
I believe they should have the right to abortions, but in general I try never to take an opinion on this topic.

I believe that the father of the child, when in an actually relationship with the mother (marriage and so forth) should have more rights when it comes to abortions.

Yes I think abortions before the age of 18 should be legal; actually I think those might be the most critical.

If it is made illegal, it would be some what equal to prohibition. It would not stop them it will just push them underground and make abortions more dangerous.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:09 pm
@Brent cv,
I think legal abortion is ok - with the consent of all parties involved . Husbands , parents , family members should be aware of the choices , however .
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:08 pm
@Brent cv,
By "be aware of the choices" do you mean they should have a say?
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 10:34 am
@ndjs,
The choices available - abortion , adoption , parent adoption , keeping the child , etc.
oaktonarcher

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 04:40 pm
@Brent cv,
Being notified is ok, but I dont think parents should be able to stop the abortion. But I think a husband should def have a lot more of a say in it.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 07:52 pm
@Brent cv,
I don't see why they'd need to be notified period, especially if you don't believe they should have the ability to stop the abortion.

All that would do is cause more problems with the family.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:35 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

Further more should we allow women to make this decision without notifying the father of the child whether it be in marriage or outside of marriage?

Do we allow any girl under 18 to have an abortion? If so do we require parental consent?

I keep going back and forth on my view of abortion as I can see both sides. I do not base my view of abortion on relgion I base it on the effects it has on society both legal and illegal.

I will hold my opinion until I see some of your responses and I am able to respond to them.
"Should we allow women to abort a child that they have concieved?"

I believe is should be left to the people of each individual state as it was before Roe. Four Million aborted pregnacies last year tells me some thing is wrong. Can any one say holocaust?

"Further more should we allow women to make this decision without notifying the father of the child whether it be in marriage or outside of marriage?"

No, If the female decides to keep it the male is held responcible for the finacial end till that supposed child is 18. If we are responcible then we have a say in it before it gets to that point. The female cannot concieved without the male sperm. If she could then i could see her having the only say. When you marry you enter into a legal contract that includes child rearing. Even if you don't get married but enter a relationship for a number of years you are legally given that same status.

"Do we allow any girl under 18 to have an abortion? If so do we require parental consent?"

No, She is in essence a child by law and the parents are responcible what she does. You need parental consent for the school to give her asperin, you need it for dental work, there is no reason to not have it except for the allowences they give today over the argument. They talk of being abused, if the parent is the father, but in all cases the percentages is very small. Yet the wish to include all children under that premise? If she is old enough to **** she is old enough to face the reality. And terminating a supposed child is part of that reality wheither she is forced to tell her parents or not. And again what of the males rights to his child?

I admit my reasons are partially religious. But no matter where you come from or what you believe in as to where life starts. It's boils down to legal terminoligy. If you believe life doesn't start till your first breath the third trimester or when the child is three years old. I personally think it starts when sperm meets egg and it splits for the first time. Because if left to it's own cause it will produce a human being. And to me that is murder.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:20 am
@Brent cv,
I don't believe abortion should exist at all. I do not base my opinions on this on any religious beliefs. I believe life has started upon conception and the taking of that life is no different than shooting someone in the street. I know arguments will come "it's just a bunch of cells" well to me that is the beginning of life and an abortion is ending life. As far as as women under 18, if they consider themselves mature enough to be having sex, then they should be mature enough to face the consequences for the actions.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 12:28 pm
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
I don't believe abortion should exist at all. I do not base my opinions on this on any religious beliefs. I believe life has started upon conception and the taking of that life is no different than shooting someone in the street. I know arguments will come "it's just a bunch of cells" well to me that is the beginning of life and an abortion is ending life. As far as as women under 18, if they consider themselves mature enough to be having sex, then they should be mature enough to face the consequences for the actions.

That is my belief too
0 Replies

Scott cv

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:55 pm
@Brent cv,
I definitely do not believe in abortion what so ever. In something i read on another board, its a double murder if somebody kills a lady who is carrying a baby.Yet it is a whole differant story if that lady were to want to end the stages of that childs life although they have not fully developed or been delivered yet.As for what you said JEB, if they are old enough to consider themselves mature enough to have sex they should be mature enough to take care of that baby and know the consequences, if they dont want that they should either A. definitely protect or B. dont do it to begin with if they dont want to deal with the aftermath.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:33 am
@Brent cv,
That my friend is what they call a double standard. As this stems from that fatefull decision in 72'. No not roe vs wade. Grisolm i believe the name was vs Connetticut. That's where is all started. The first decision of right to privacy even though the constitution says nothing of the kind. You think the liberals get rightious over Roe wait till you see there colors when we try and overturn that one! If any of you remember the first person to get the raith of the libs who mentioned that was no other then Robert Bork!
0 Replies

Green cv

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 12:14 pm
@Brent cv,
What it comes down to is this:

Why should someone have the right to kill?
Drnaline

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 12:28 pm
@Green cv,
Green wrote:
What it comes down to is this:

Why should someone have the right to kill?
They don't have a constitutional right. It is Murder in my eyes. Some how they construde a right to privacy back in 65 and from there twisted it to mean murder is OK so long as the entitly being murdered did draw it's first breath. That is why Liberal democrats try to force Alito to promise to not overturn Roe Vs Wade. Because they know the constitution does not protect there flimzy president. I do believe is should be legal only if the individual states allow it. That right of the states to decide for themselves was taken away by the SC. Judicial activism at it's finest. From that every thing else spawns like right to privacy, Gay rights, Healthcare, and anything else the Democrats feel is a money making venture.

BTW Welcome.
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

Abortion should only be legal with "RAPE, INCEST or health concerns for the Mother" even Conservatives agree most of the time with this idea, the problem is, the Left or its Masters want Abortion used for Population control!
If you notice Planned parenthood Clinics are located in Minority Communities, this is because Planned Parenthood is about removing minorities.

A bit about the founder of Planned Parenthood

Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood
Quote:
As you read on you will soon discover that I have primarily relied on material which can be readily found in books, audio-taped interviews, and public news sources. If you take the time to check my references, you will soon discover that there really are those who have publicly advocated the elimination of "human weeds" and "the cleansing of society." Indeed, to this very day your tax money is used to finance Planned Parenthood, an organization founded by Margaret Sanger. During the 1930s Margaret Sanger openly supported the Nazi plan for genetic engineering of the German population, and the propagation of a "super race."
In Planned Parenthood's 1985 "Annual Report" leaders of that organization proclaimed that they were, "Proud of our past, and planning for our future." 3
How could anyone possibly claim to be proud of the organization founded by Margaret Sanger when history records that she wrote of the necessity of: "the extermination of 'human weeds' ...the 'cessation of charity,' ... the segregation of 'morons, misfits, and the maladjusted,' and ... the sterilization of 'genetically inferior races.'"4
Margaret Sanger published "The Birth Control Review." In that magazine she openly supported the "infanticide program" promoted by Nazi Germany in the 1930s, and publicly championed Adolf Hitler's goal of Aryan white supremacy. In the years prior to World War II Margaret Sanger commissioned Ernst Rudin, a member of the Nazi Party, and director of the dreaded German Medical Experimentation Programs, to serve as an advisor to her organization. In his excellent book "Killer Angel," George Grant chronicles the life and writings of Margaret Sanger, and painstakingly documents Sanger's plans for the genetic engineering of the human race. George Grant noted that in the 1920s Margaret Sanger wrote "The Pivot of Civilization" in which she called for:
[SIZE="4"]"The 'elimination of 'human weeds,' for the 'cessation of charity' because it prolonged the lives of the unfit, for the segregation of 'morons, misfits, and the maladjusted,' and for the sterilization of genetically inferior races.[/SIZE]'"5
ccording to George Grant, Margaret Sanger believed that the unfit should not be allowed to reproduce. Accordingly, she opened a birth control clinic in: "The Brownsville section of New York, an area populated by newly immigrated Slavs, Latins, Italians, and Jews. She targeted the 'unfit' for her crusade to 'save the planet.'" 6
Nineteen years later, in 1939, Margaret Sanger organized her "Negro project," a program designed to eliminate members of what she believed to be an "inferior race." Margaret Sanger justified her proposal because she believed that: "The masses of Negroes ...particularly in the South, still breed carelessly and disastrously, with the result that the increase among Negroes, even more than among whites, is from that portion of the population least intelligent and fit..." 7
Margaret Sanger then went on to reveal that she intended to hire three or four Colored Ministers "to travel to various black enclaves to propagandize for birth control." She wrote: "The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the Minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." (emphasis added-Ed.) 8
As Margaret Sanger's organization grew in power, influence, and acceptance, she began to write of the necessity of targeting religious groups for destruction as well, believing that the "dysgenic races" should include "Fundamentalists and Catholics" in addition to "blacks, Hispanics, (and) American Indians." 9
As the years went by, Margaret Sanger became increasingly obsessed with her occultic beliefs. Along with her acceptance of the occult, she became increasingly hostile to both Christianity and the American precepts of individual freedom under God. Her distaste for America can be seen in her writings when she wrote: "Birth control appeals to the advanced radical because it is calculated to undermine the authority of the Christian churches. I look forward to seeing humanity free someday of the tyranny of Christianity no less than Capitalism." 10 Margaret Sanger eventually embraced not only communism but theosophy as well. What is theosophy?

http://www.radioliberty.com/pca.htm
Robodoon

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:18 pm
@Robodoon,
What do you think about the NAZI connection to abortion today?
NaterG

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:40 pm
@Robodoon,
Robodoon wrote:
Abortion should only be legal with "RAPE, INCEST or health concerns for the Mother" even Conservatives agree most of the time with this idea, the problem is, the Left or its Masters want Abortion used for Population control!
If you notice Planned parenthood Clinics are located in Minority Communities, this is because Planned Parenthood is about removing minorities.

That is absurd, once again you throw wild accusations out, with nothing to back them up. You want to know why those clinics are in those areas the most? Sadly, its because they need them. Cold hard facts.

Quote:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/03facts/pregbirths.htm

More

Quote:

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:uB74j-KJ7MgJ:www.agi-usa.org/pubs/state_pregnancy_trends.pdf+pregnancy+rates+in+us&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a (scroll down to the chart on page seven)
or DL the PDF: http://www.agi-usa.org/pubs/state_pregnancy_trends.pdf
ndjs

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:27 am
@Robodoon,
Robodoon wrote:
What do you think about the NAZI connection to abortion today?

I'd love to hear what Adolf has to do with today's abortions...
Drnaline

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 09:29 am
@Brent cv,
I guess he is talking about White Supremacy. Or Nazi. Some truth to it though.