Abortion: Should it be legal?

STEVE cv

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:55 pm
@Brent cv,
I believe abortion should be illegal. With Alito, just waiting to be confirmed, it might happen.
Brent cv

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
I believe abortion should be illegal. With Alito, just waiting to be confirmed, it might happen.

So what are your views on why it should be illegal?

I agree with you though.
STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:33 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
So what are your views on why it should be illegal?

I agree with you though.

I dont believe a women should have the right to take the life of a child. The child inside is alive just like a baby who has been delivered.
Im all for women having the right to privacy, but not when it comes to the life of another.
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
@NaterG,
Quote:
NaterG wrote:
That is absurd, once again you throw wild accusations out, with nothing to back them up. You want to know why those clinics are in those areas the most? Sadly, its because they need them. Cold hard facts.

http://www.robodoon.com/images/bean_laughing_md_blk.gif

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/03facts/pregbirths.htm

More

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:uB74j-KJ7MgJ:www.agi-usa.org/pubs/state_pregnancy_trends.pdf+pregnancy+rates+in+us&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a (scroll down to the chart on page seven)
or DL the PDF: http://www.agi-usa.org/pubs/state_pregnancy_trends.pdf

Abortion is meant for depopulation, not for womens Choice and not for the care of the poor.
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:23 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
I'd love to hear what Adolf has to do with today's abortions...

Well it was Margaret Sanger who agree with the NAZI Plans
http://www.radioliberty.com/pca.htm
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:23 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:

Doubt if anything will change.

THATS NOT THE AGENDA!
0 Replies

Robodoon

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I guess he is talking about White Supremacy. Or Nazi. Some truth to it though.

Margaret Sanger openly supported the Nazi plan for genetic engineering of the German population, and the propagation of a "super race."
In Planned Parenthood's 1985 "Annual Report" leaders of that organization proclaimed that they were, [SIZE="4"]"Proud of our past, and planning for our future." [/SIZE]
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 06:57 pm
@Brent cv,
I can't see abortion creating a super race.

Unless of course you mean a super big race of dead babies.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
@Brent cv,
45 million since Roe was inacted.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:56 pm
@Brent cv,
how does that create a "super race" though? I don't see how dead things or people, however you see it, contributes to the power of any race.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:41 pm
@Brent cv,
They already think they are superior to any other race, hence keeping the other races from propogating helps to keep them superior, in there minds if anything.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:32 pm
@Brent cv,
That makes sense in a way, except the 'inferior' races in the US are having to go to the abortion clinic on their own will.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:33 pm
@Brent cv,
That's why they want the clinics funded by the government. They know most will not have it done if they have to pay for it. Most obortions clinics will be found in high minority citys where there is not an overwhelming opposition to having a soon to be child exterminated. That is also why they have a media blitz on propoganda to assure every one considering it, it is not a bad thing. Femanists like putting there hand in here.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:42 pm
@Brent cv,
but when it comes down to it, the pregnant woman walks through the door.

You can put crack on a table in front of me and tell me all day that it's not bad, it's free, whatever. I'm not going to do it.
0 Replies

Seph

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:22 pm
@Brent cv,
Right to Life

A woman is not a pear tree
thrusting her fruit into mindless fecundity
into the world. Even pear trees bear
heavily one year and rest and grow the next.
An orchard gone wild drops few warm rotting
fruit in the grass but the trees stretch
high and wiry gifting the birds forty
feet up among inch long thorns.
broken atavistically from the smooth wood.
A woman is not a basket you place
your buns in to keep them warm. Not a brood
hen you can slip duck eggs under.
Not the purse holding the coins of
your descendants till you spend them in wars.
Not a bank where your genes collect interest
and interesting mutations in the tainted
rain, anymore than you are.
You plant your corn and harvest
it to eat or sell. You put the lamb
in the pasture to fatten and haul it in
to butcher for chops. You slice
the mountain in two for a road and gouge
the high plains for coal and the waters
run muddy for miles and years.
Fish die but you do not call them yours
unless you wished to eat them.
Now you legislate mineral rights in a woman.
You lay claim to her pastures for grazing,
fields for growing babies likes iceburg
lettuce. You value children so dearly
that none ever go hungry, none weep
with no one to tend them when mothers
work, none lack fresh fruit,
none chew lead or cought to death and your
orphanages are empty. Every noon the best
restaurants serve poor children steaks.
At this moment at nine o'clock a partera
is performing a table top abortion on an
unwed mother in Texas who can't get Medicaid
any longer. In five days she will die
of tetanus and her little daughter will cry
and be taken away. Next door a husband
and wife are sticking pins in the son
they did not want. They will explain
for hours how wicked he is,
how he wants disipline.
We are all born of woman, in the rose
of the womb we suckled our mother's blood
and every baby born has a right to love
like a seedling to the sun. Every baby born
unloved, unwanted, is a bill that will come
due in twenty years with interest, an anger
that must find a target, a pain that will
beget pain. A decade downstream a child
screams, a woman falls, a synagogue is torched,
a firing squad summoned, a button
is pushed and the world burns.
I will choose what enters me, what becomes,
flesh of my flesh. Without choice, no politics,
no ethics lives. I am not your cornfield,
not your uranium mine, not your calf
for fattening, not your cow for milking.
You may not use me as your factory.
Priests and legislators do not hold
shares in my womb or my mind.
This is my body. If I give it to you
I want it back. My life
is a non-negotiable demand.

-Marge Piercy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 06:26 pm
@Brent cv,
Nice, hadn't read that one before.
0 Replies

rex b

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 03:35 pm
@Brent cv,
I think this arguement hold much more than for or against. I do believe we as individuals should have the option to do whatever we want when it comes to our own self.

Do I think responsible people should have abortions, No. This type of "choice" is very wrong with my moral beliefs. If you are man enough to coceive a child then you are man enough to deal with the responsibilites of that choice.

Now if one were to be raped and they elect to have an abortion, then by all means they should be able to. If my child is known to have a disease that condones a "terrible" life then yes abortion is an option.

I will never say I am Pro Choice or Pro Life because each incident is special in it's own way.

I will also throw this out into the mix, acutally 2 things.

1. Some people argue from religion. Which is one shouldn't try to play God, which I think is the worst arguement there is. Everyday doctors play God and pro-long our lives via medicine or surgery. You can't be a hyprocrit on this level.

2. Some people argue from just natural causes. We as a people concieve thus we have babies, and there is nothing natural about abortions. Well I think of it like back in day there were diseases (sp) and all kinds of things that could go wrong with a baby, probably like 3 in 5 babies had a chance of survivial. This seems to me like nature selecting, now since nature can't select b/c of medicine nature has found another way. Abortion. ( I know this one sounds out there, but hey could be)

once again these are all subjective views. And me just rambling.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 10:20 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Should we allow women to abort a child that they have concieved?

Further more should we allow women to make this decision without notifying the father of the child whether it be in marriage or outside of marriage?

Do we allow any girl under 18 to have an abortion? If so do we require parental consent?

I am interested to see your arguements on this.

I keep going back and forth on my view of abortion as I can see both sides. I do not base my view of abortion on relgion I base it on the effects it has on society both legal and illegal.

I will hold my opinion until I see some of your responses and I am able to respond to them.

My faith tells me that abortion is immoral and murder. God said that He knew us before we were conceived, and that He formed every life that has existed or will ever exist. However, there are a lot of people in the world that don't believe this, or don't really consider what the Bible says when life choices are involved (myself included -- I'm far from perfect). Women will have abortions regardless of the legality of abortion, and I think it's more responsible to provide rehabilitation services after they have an abortion than to just do away with everything related to abortion. We outlawed the sale of alcohol in the early 1920s, and more problems were created than were solved. Women should be encouraged to seek adoption and responsible sex, if not abstinence, and those of us with religious convictions should pray for an attitude change in the lives of these women who have abortions.

Is it immoral? Yes.
Should women be aware of alternatives? Most definitely.
Should it be legal? Until women stop having random, unprotected sex.

Girls under 18 are protected by the same privacy laws that I would be protected by if I went in to have hemmorhoidal surgery, and their parents shouldn't have to be involved if that's outside of the girl's wishes. Same goes with husbands (although I fully support total honesty in relationships as well).
jatuab

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 10:23 pm
@Brent cv,
And no government funding...

If a girl wants an abortion or RU486, she should have to pay a doctor.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 10:45 pm
@jatuab,
jatuab wrote:
My faith tells me that abortion is immoral and murder. God said that He knew us before we were conceived, and that He formed every life that has existed or will ever exist. However, there are a lot of people in the world that don't believe this, or don't really consider what the Bible says when life choices are involved (myself included -- I'm far from perfect). Women will have abortions regardless of the legality of abortion, and I think it's more responsible to provide rehabilitation services after they have an abortion than to just do away with everything related to abortion. We outlawed the sale of alcohol in the early 1920s, and more problems were created than were solved. Women should be encouraged to seek adoption and responsible sex, if not abstinence, and those of us with religious convictions should pray for an attitude change in the lives of these women who have abortions.

Is it immoral? Yes.
Should women be aware of alternatives? Most definitely.
Should it be legal? Until women stop having random, unprotected sex.

Girls under 18 are protected by the same privacy laws that I would be protected by if I went in to have hemmorhoidal surgery, and their parents shouldn't have to be involved if that's outside of the girl's wishes. Same goes with husbands (although I fully support total honesty in relationships as well).

Very good points
0 Replies