Is there a god?

STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 12:24 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
He cant just be always there Laughing

At one point he had to be created.

Exactly its absurd, something had to create him. He could not have just been there since the beginning of time. The whole concept is absurd.
NaterG

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:27 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Exactly its absurd, something had to create him. He could not have just been there since the beginning of time. The whole concept is absurd.

How is it so absurd? Is infinity absurd? It doesn't start nor stop anywhere. Like I said, you think it is absurd because you CAN'T comprehend it, no human can. That is where faith comes in. The universe, infinity, and eternity all go on forever. The human mind can't comprehend that either, however, you belive it because you have faith in what you learned.

I am not trying to convert or change anyones mind here, I am just showing you that, no, it is not absurd to believe what I believe, and I find it offensive when someone tells me my beliefes are absurd. You do not believe in God, fine, that is your choice, but I am not going to tell you it is absurd, even though from my standpoint, I find it difficult to understand how people can't believe in God.
STEVE cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:21 pm
@NaterG,
NaterG wrote:
How is it so absurd? Is infinity absurd? It doesn't start nor stop anywhere. Like I said, you think it is absurd because you CAN'T comprehend it, no human can. That is where faith comes in. The universe, infinity, and eternity all go on forever. The human mind can't comprehend that either, however, you belive it because you have faith in what you learned.

I am not trying to convert or change anyones mind here, I am just showing you that, no, it is not absurd to believe what I believe, and I find it offensive when someone tells me my beliefes are absurd. You do not believe in God, fine, that is your choice, but I am not going to tell you it is absurd, even though from my standpoint, I find it difficult to understand how people can't believe in God.

Because, its a fairy tale. There is no way some magical being has been here since the beginning of time, something had to create this god.
It is hard to establish faith in something which has no real explination. I dont know exactly how we were created, but i know it was not through some magical being. Im sorry that I offended you by saying that believing in god is absurd, but that is simply what i believe.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:50 pm
@Brent cv,
I do not see how it is difficult for one to understand why people do not believe in a God....
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
@Brent cv,
I have more money than anybody else in the world. I know it may be hard to comprehend, just accept it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:16 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:

For some thing to creat him you must believe he exists. Do you? You need to read up about the current theorys. Space and time were believe in modern day science to not exist before the Big Bang. They the mass majority of scientists it is absurd. Who could he of not been there at the beginning of time if it didn't exist before?
Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:33 pm
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
Because, its a fairy tale. There is no way some magical being has been here since the beginning of time, something had to create this god.
It is hard to establish faith in something which has no real explination. I dont know exactly how we were created, but i know it was not through some magical being. Im sorry that I offended you by saying that believing in god is absurd, but that is simply what i believe.
Quote:
Because, its a fairy tale.

Do you believe in the science law of reaction? For every action there is an equal and opposing reaction? Your only conclusion is that there is a reaction which was caused by an action. Ask Brent. If you believe not then you don't believe in one of science's first principals. I suggest you read up before you answer.

Quote:
I dont know exactly how we were created, but i know it was not through some magical being.

Really, how do you know? You have faith in science maybe?
ndjs

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:34 pm
@Brent cv,
What would be the equal and opposite reaction to creating the universe?
Drnaline

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 09:44 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
What would be the equal and opposite reaction to creating the universe?
There wouldn't be. The universe would have to be the action. It is not. All what we know to exist is the reaction. Or coming from an origin.
Example, the earth did not creat itself. It was caused by some condition in our universe. And that cause would be? If is was magical then the earth could of just appeared. We know it is not, so what was the cause? For it could not be uncaused according to scientific theory?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:09 am
@Brent cv,
Well what was the action that caused the reaction that created the universe then?
STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:29 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
For some thing to creat him you must believe he exists. Do you? You need to read up about the current theorys. Space and time were believe in modern day science to not exist before the Big Bang. They the mass majority of scientists it is absurd. Who could he of not been there at the beginning of time if it didn't exist before?

I dont really know what to believe in terms of how the universe was created, but im am sure it was not through an invisible man in the sky.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:30 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Do you believe in the science law of reaction? For every action there is an equal and opposing reaction? Your only conclusion is that there is a reaction which was caused by an action. Ask Brent. If you believe not then you don't believe in one of science's first principals. I suggest you read up before you answer.

Really, how do you know? You have faith in science maybe?

I believe in science because most of its theories have at least a small amount of proof to them, But i have not seen any proof for christianity. Its just a matter of people having "faith."
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:45 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:

No he does not believe he exists. He is using that arguement against NaterG... come on you should have been able to get that much out of it... he is saying that IF God existed he could not just create himself. Something would have had to create "God"
NaterG

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:08 am
@Brent cv,
God did not creat Himself, God was, is, and always will be.

Anyway, I will now bow out as I have argued my point far enough. As I stated, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, just showing my answer to the topic question. Good debate. (that is, if you consider calling someones faith "absurd" a debate, but, whatever, to each thier own I suppose)
Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Well what was the action that caused the reaction that created the universe then?
That is what we are discussing. I believe it to be God. I would like to know what Brent and Steve think it is?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:21 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
No he does not believe he exists. He is using that arguement against NaterG... come on you should have been able to get that much out of it... he is saying that IF God existed he could not just create himself. Something would have had to create "God"
Quote:
he is saying that IF God existed he could not just create himself. Something would have had to create "God"

If he does not believe in him, how does he know that? He don't believe in him but for a fact he can say God could not do that? I think not and if he can i would like proof.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:18 am
@NaterG,
NaterG wrote:
God did not creat Himself, God was, is, and always will be.

Anyway, I will now bow out as I have argued my point far enough. As I stated, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, just showing my answer to the topic question. Good debate. (that is, if you consider calling someones faith "absurd" a debate, but, whatever, to each thier own I suppose)

Its impossible for some being to be here just from the beginning of time, something had to have created him.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
@Drnaline,
if for every action there is a reaction, then god should have been a reaction.
But can anyone tell me what was the action?
Brent cv

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:57 am
@STEVE cv,
STEVE wrote:
if for every action there is a reaction, then god should have been a reaction.
But can anyone tell me what was the action?

If won't offer an explanation he will just spin it as we just don't know cause we don't believe.

So obviously if we believe we are not allowed to ask this question... God just exists so YEA!

No one cares where the hell he came from... he just has always been there...
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 12:32 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
That is what we are discussing. I believe it to be God. I would like to know what Brent and Steve think it is?

So God was an action? That doesn't make sense. God being created, that's an action, but oh wait, God wasn't created, he was just there.