Is there a god?

ns1clrk

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 11:59 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;7250 wrote:
I've got a few questions for you being you believe that.
Most scientists now believe that our universe is expanding not just stagnant. They also believe it originated from a finite source. A "Big Bang occured to release this energy that we see as planets and universe's. Scientists also believe that space and time did not exist before this event.

The laws of physics say that for such and event to take place there had to be a trigger to release this energy. So my first question to you is.

Caused or uncaused cause?

The Universe is absolutely not stagnant. It is currently in a period of expansion. Eventually, the force of gravity will cause the Universe's collapse. What physicists actually are saying is that the our Universe was created by two membranes of existance hitting each other. There is your trigger. Our Universe is not unique. There are an infinite number of Universes. You are right in saying that time and space did not exist in this Universe before it's "creation". However, with the infinite number of Universes, that is not very impressive or conclusive evidence for a creator.
Professor Chaos

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:09 pm
@Brent cv,
LOL! Most scientists believe the universe to be stagnant! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Where do you creationists come up with this garbage!

I don't suppose you have a source to back up this wildly inaccurate claim, do you?

Nah, didn't think so.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:23 pm
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;10524 wrote:
The Universe is absolutely not stagnant. It is currently in a period of expansion. Eventually, the force of gravity will cause the Universe's collapse. What physicists actually are saying is that the our Universe was created by two membranes of existance hitting each other. There is your trigger. Our Universe is not unique. There are an infinite number of Universes. You are right in saying that time and space did not exist in this Universe before it's "creation". However, with the infinite number of Universes, that is not very impressive or conclusive evidence for a creator.
Caused or Uncaused/cause? And if you find it caused what do you think in your opinion it was that pulled the trigger?
Also how is there an infinite number of universes when they all must come from a finite source to begin with? That would mean there are infinite amounts of finite sources. Which would equate to an infinite amount of Gods, and we couldn't have that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:36 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10530 wrote:

Where do you creationists come up with this garbage!

I don't suppose you have a source to back up this wildly inaccurate claim, do you?

Nah, didn't think so.
Come up with a source that backs up your theory,

Na, didn't think so either.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 12:44 pm
@Brent cv,
Let me school you a little bit about how debate works there, chief.

Person A makes a claim.
Person B declares that claim to be false and requests evidence.

What should person A do?

While your answer appears to be, "Change the subject and demand evidence from person B for something they never stated," the correct answer is, in fact, "Person A should provide evidence for their claim."
Drnaline

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 08:08 am
@Brent cv,
You'll school nobody. You do not dictate who or what is debated. Or how it is debated. Welcome to America.
Quote:

Which wildly inaccurate claim are you talking about?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 08:35 am
@Brent cv,
Quote:

Um where did you get that from?here?
Quote:
Most scientists now believe that our universe is expanding NOT just stagnant
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 08:47 am
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10535 wrote:
Let me school you a little bit about how debate works there, chief.

Person A makes a claim.
Person B declares that claim to be false and requests evidence.

What should person A do?

While your answer appears to be, "Change the subject and demand evidence from person B for something they never stated," the correct answer is, in fact, "Person A should provide evidence for their claim."
Seems the Professor needs a refresher course on accusations? AS well as how to debate.
Person A made a claim about person B saying something
Person B says substanciate this claim!
Person A is never heard from again, LOL.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 05:15 pm
@ns1clrk,
Quote:
The Universe is absolutely not stagnant. It is currently in a period of expansion.

proof? sources?many theories, you need to be specific.

Quote:
Eventually, the force of gravity will cause the Universe's collapse. What physicists actually are saying is that the our Universe was created by two membranes of existance hitting each other.

Proof? Sources? Many theories , you need to be specific...

Quote:
There is your trigger. Our Universe is not unique. There are an infinite number of Universes.

Proof? Sources? Many theories, you need to be specific...

Quote:
You are right in saying that time and space did not exist in this Universe before it's "creation". However, with the infinite number of Universes, that is not very impressive or conclusive evidence for a creator.

Proof? Sources? Many theories, you need to be specific...
0 Replies

ns1clrk

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:00 pm
@ns1clrk,
A man of faith asking for proof seems rather ironic, as faith is belief in the absence of proof. Nevertheless, I did assume that statements such as "the Universe is currently in a period of expansion" were common knowledge. I apologize for this lack of foresight and recommend reading a book or watching the Science channel. Perhaps a book on Physics or maybe a special on the Universe. You can't miss.
0 Replies

ns1clrk

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:05 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;10634 wrote:
Seems the Professor needs a refresher course on accusations? AS well as how to debate.
Person A made a claim about person B saying something
Person B says substanciate this claim!
Person A is never heard from again, LOL.

I'm a busy guy. I'm lucky if I spend five minutes on the computer every two days. Sixteen is a rather eventfull time in someone's life. I, with my youthful ignorance, assume that people will research on their own rather than depend on me to feed them science. I apologize from the depths of my hea-....mind?
ns1clrk

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:09 pm
@ns1clrk,
With the few minutes that I am allowed to post responses, I unfortunately am unable to cross-reference my statements with the word of experts and documented facts. I apologize again for this, and beg that you look it up....I really am serious, not being a smart ass....
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 03:36 pm
@ns1clrk,
nsclerk, ummm, when Dr. was talking to the "professor" we have a 'PROFESSOR CHAOS" who gets his nickers in a knot about a bunch of things, so this isn't you...

SECOND, you said this,

Quote:
A man of faith asking for proof seems rather ironic, as faith is belief in the absence of proof. Nevertheless, I did assume that statements such as "the Universe is currently in a period of expansion" were common knowledge. I apologize for this lack of foresight and recommend reading a book or watching the Science channel. Perhaps a book on Physics or maybe a special on the Universe. You can't miss.

1. I am not a man of faith.

2. I am asking for proof because l am always learning about the theories of the universe, and here you are throwing out tid-bits as if they are fact and l can't agree or disagree until l know where these theories are hatched. Obviously you can't devote enough time to backing up your theories, because they are simply theories at this point in scientific evidence.

3. "faith is belief in the absence of truth" is not a valid defence of the truth which is that there was no big bang, after all this is a "theory in the absence of scientific fact".

4. Faith is however the ONLY theory which has stood firm, whereas scientific theories have one by one been discarded as evidence and proof and further theories have been developed.

5. The fact is that an absence of God can not and has not been proven, Like conspiracy theories, the burden of proof is on the scientific community who believes in the largest of all conspiracy theories in being the absence of God.

6. The burden of proof about expansion or contraction of the universe, the absence of God, the big bang, the theory that the universe even moves in a certain manner, the theory of how other universes are in existance, is all under the huge umbrella that boils down to two simple words : PROVE IT.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 08:06 am
@ns1clrk,
ns1clrk;10701 wrote:
I'm a busy guy. I'm lucky if I spend five minutes on the computer every two days. Sixteen is a rather eventfull time in someone's life. I, with my youthful ignorance, assume that people will research on their own rather than depend on me to feed them science. I apologize from the depths of my hea-....mind?

My post was directed at Professor Chaos. I need no feeding as i do do my own research. Nice to know you have such depth at an early age.
0 Replies

JesusDiedForU

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:32 am
@Brent cv,
Brent;1096 wrote:
So who here believes there is a "god" that reigns over Humans?

How do you see God if you believe in one?

Do you follow a certain religion and if so which one?

I myself can not bring myself to believe in a God but I also can not believe any other theories put forth for how we got here as well.

I believe there is ONE God that is the source of eternal life. Jesus is the image of the invisible God. I would fit under the Christianity religion, but I do not adhear to a specific denomination. I believe demonations are full of man-made rules. Ultimately, I follow the Bible and God.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 01:09 am
@Brent cv,
original post:

I myself can not bring myself to believe in a God but I also can not believe any other theories put forth for how we got here as well.

My comments:

I believe that what some people call God is an energy life force which encompasses our entire universe. And when i use the term God that is what I mean. On our planet we can see this life force at work everyday through nature. I would propose that evolution on our planet is the hand of God at work.

God's message has been sent by many messangers, but I feel messengers will continue to come because, we as humanity, need to be told over and over again. We just don't get it.

I do not adhere to any specific belief system, but rather look for simliarities in doctrine. I believe all religions do have something to offer.

As far as how we got here. Many stories, but no witnesses.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 07:58 am
@Brent cv,
Brent;1632 wrote:
If there was a God what created God?

If you are going to have God as the trigger he must have a trigger for himself to be created as well.

He simply could not always exist and no one make him lol, I can not believe i am the only one that finds that mildly insane.

I do not know what created the universe. I do think that no "God" had a hand in it.

No, you are not the only one.
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 12:34 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Originally stated by Brent
If there was a God what created God?

If you are going to have God as the trigger he must have a trigger for himself to be created as well.

He simply could not always exist and no one make him lol, I can not believe i am the only one that finds that mildly insane.

I do not know what created the universe. I do think that no "God" had a hand in it.

No, you are not the only one.

Yes, you not the only one. To me, faith is a mystery and I do not try to explain. I accept people have it.

I have come to believe that what some people call "God", to me means energy. Further, if I had to prove He exists. I've attempted to define evolution as the Hand of God (energy) at work. I could go on, but maybe this will help.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 08:16 pm
@Brent cv,
Here is an interesting perspective that I read, hope it will give you some ideas, I know that it gave me some.

http://www.earlymoderntexts.com/pdf/leibuo.pdf
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 12:30 am
@Brent cv,
Brent;1096 wrote:

I believe you are aware of my opinion regarding God as stated in my previous. I do not feel it is necessary to repeat.

It seems we have entered into the realm of science. When I consider science, I look to Albert Einstein. Who, I believe, contemplated, "How our universe works" the most.

One quote I like to refer to:

"All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom."

Theories of our universe and how it was created is complicated. I can only surmise that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Energy is our universe, in fact energy is everywhere and always in motion.
0 Replies