Bush nominates Judge Samuel Alito to U.S. Supreme Court

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173968,00.html

Quote:
To the delight of the conservative base that elected him, President Bush on Monday nominated Samuel Alito to the U.S. Supreme Court to replace retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Alito is filling the spot that opened when Harriet Miers withdrew her nomination last week after facing strong criticism from the president's conservative base. While many Republicans praised the new nominee, Democrats wasted no time in publicly blasting him as "too radical."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,261 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:03 pm
@Brent cv,
I say some of their favorites on the bench are too radical ! Why should Bush put another one on the court for them ?
If this appointment is divisive , it is because the opposition will not recognize who won the most recent elections and accept that they are not the mainstream of the nation that they think .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:11 pm
@Brent cv,
Does it get any more radical then Ginsburg? I would think the head of the ACLU to be radical in anyone view? They also started making there claims with in minutes of his announcment.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 01:38 am
@Brent cv,
I have a feeling in 2006 and 2008 we will be hearing a different tune from America on who they elect into office... I don't see a Republican being reelected to the white house in 2008 and I see them losing the majority in 2006.

Maybe its just me.... but there is way to much bullshit going around Bush's Administration right now.
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 06:41 am
@Brent cv,
But doesn't the "bullcrap" seem like just that ?
Overblown by Liberals and perpetuated by a prosecutor that couldn't get the indictment he wanted , so attacked Libby instead ?
IMHO , I think it is more likely that Republicans will hold the majority they have now , though they may lose a little . It will all depend on who runs for them and who runs for the Democrats .
I don't think Hillary has a chance , especially if Condi or Powell runs .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:48 am
@Brent cv,
I don't think we will lose period! The Demos only agenda is attack, attack, attack. With no plans of what to do when they get it. John Kerrys swan song if you will. Joe Q public saw through it. Funny thing is he still thinks he lost just by a smigine and thinks he will get it next time. I'll wager anyone as to who will come out on top AGAIN, any takers? Gentlemans bet of one dollar? They claim are party is falling apart but haven't looked at what happened to theres in the last ten years? Where they lost every thing, LOL. The best they have put up is a moderate in Sklinton IMO was a failure in every proportion. There only tactic is Gloom and Doom, if your scared enough you will vote there way, i on the other hand will meet them at every corner.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 09:53 am
@Brent cv,
"I don't think Hillary has a chance , especially if Condi or Powell runs "

I don't think either of them have to run, her own party will see to it she don't get any where. Kerry and Dean hate her worse them we do. If she able to get the nomination i will be surprised?
0 Replies