Dems: Bush Out Of Steam

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 10:08 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173938,00.html

Quote:
With one top official facing jail time and another still under investigation, the White House is nearing a perfect storm of political events that threatens President Bush's agenda.

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby , the vice president's chief of staff, resigned on Friday after he was indicted by a special prosecutor on five counts in the investigation of the leak of a CIA officer's identity. While not widely known by the public, Libby was a key figure in the administration and integral to developing the case for the invasion of Iraq.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 12:03 am
@Brent cv,
:rolleyes:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 12:14 am
@Brent cv,
I honestly hope in 2008 we can elect someone that does not continue to divide this country.

I am so sick of this bullshit. Can we have a John F Kennedy or Ronald Reagean please?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 10:17 am
@Brent cv,
IMHO the division in this country is not solely the fault of the party in power , nor the current president . It is a result of the unwillingness of both sides to come to a concensus . Neither the Right nor the Left is willing to compromise .
I think the left is more unwilling - witness the Supreme Court nominee battles . No one will be acceptable to them if the nominee is in any way right-leaning , but when they had nominees under Dem. presidents they only offered left-leaning choices .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 10:38 am
@Brent cv,
How come repugs are the only ones to resign? You hardly ever see Dems do the same. Shillery comes to mind when they got her for the same thing. Must be those ethics rules that repugs are the only ones that follow?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 04:20 pm
@Brent cv,
?? repugs ??
?? shillery ??
are these typos , or what ? I guess you mean Republicans and Hillary Clinton , but don't get your point .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:35 am
@Brent cv,
No, not typos. Political slang if you will. The point is when a Democrap is convicted not just accused they do not resign. IMO only the repugs do. Clinton and Pelosi are perfect examples.
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 02:59 pm
@Drnaline,
I get it now .
Yes , I agree with you on that - Dems seem to writhe in righteous indignation if one of their own is accused - " How can you Republicans be so mean ? " .
Some are also indignant when one of them is called on some outrageous statement or claim , but pounce on Republicans for the same action . They claim a double standard exists on the opposition , but live by one on their side .
According to Schumer , Bush should have appointed a "middle of the road " justice , but did they when in power ?
Bush won the election and Republicans control the legislature and many states , thus they DO have the right to appoint people of similar political stamp as the majority .
Let the battle over Alito begin !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:07 pm
@Brent cv,
"but did they when in power ?" No they didn't. The two that Sklinton picked and got passed were very left. But yet we gave them a vote. The same will not happen for Samuel. We may get to use the Nuckaler Option after all, LOL. I can hardly wait to see how they make him out to be an extremist?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:44 pm
@Brent cv,
We are on the same page Drnaline .
Liberals call anyone that disagrees with them extremists , when they usually are the extremists .
Now they are trying to protect the CIA when they used to disdain that organization vociferously . Claiming the CIA was kept in the dark on evidence about the reasons to go to war in Iraq .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:05 pm
@Brent cv,
LOL, did you see what Harry Reid did today in congress? Demanded they debate about Scooter and the false reason for going to war in a closed session. How our Admin mislead us even though every one had the same info as the rest of the world about going to war. Dickhead Durbin was calling for them to indict Cheney. I thought you were innocent till proven guilty? He's already got scooter in the pen with his cellmate Rove. And the funniest part of it all is this is all under the premise that the leak was true even though Fitz found no crime, well a crime for which he was given extraordianry power for and an extraordinary budjet? Turns out they got a happy Fitzoween instead of a Merry Fitzmas. And the same people that were crying foul about Kenneth Starr hounding Sklinton and impeaching him for lieing to the gran jury are the same going after Libby for the same? This couldn't get to be a better soap opera, can it?
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:41 pm
@Brent cv,
Right , and I welcome the fight to come over Alito - the Dems just might bite off their noses to spite their own faces !
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:52 pm
@Brent cv,
I don't think they have a nose left between them. I hope it comes down to a filibuster so we can nuke there ass. But the gang of fourteen will try and have there say and save the day like last time. It's sure to get alot more interesting by the end of November when the repugs will force the issue to come to a vote?
0 Replies