Your opinions on this thread relating to Europeans view of America

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:04 am
http://www.vbulletin-fans.com/showthread.php?t=14940

Let me know what you think of the arguements brought up there.

I am obviously Brent in that thread. :yup:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:42 am
@Brent cv,
They act like we are the only equation in the scenario? There is another part to that story. Perception is reality to that mentality, he should be scared then? We are the baddest mothers on the planet!
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:28 am
@Brent cv,
They may be scared of us , but if the sh^t hits the fan in their backyard , they will come running to us to help them !
Some countries in Europe and Asia would not even exist today in a recognizable form if not for the USA .
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
They may be scared of us , but if the sh^t hits the fan in their backyard , they will come running to us to help them !
Some countries in Europe and Asia would not even exist today in a recognizable form if not for the USA .

They too often forget about our help? Heah, we didn't do it for them, we did it for our own sake. I don't think we have ever asked for a thanks. We do it because we can. I believe we are the first real Democracy that has fought so many times not for life or death but for a priciple. That simple priciple say because we say so! Alot don't like it but it means life to so many others. Weither there willing to admit it or not doesn't effect our military addressing someone else.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:21 am
@Brent cv,
yeh....
oaktonarcher

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:53 pm
@Brent cv,
well I would have to say a lot what i just saw was rediclous. But we can never win in the eyes of the world, in general we are looked upon to fix the worlds problems. and when we do, we piss some people off. so lets lay the Iraq example to rest because no European country was really happy with us for that one. But we try sometimes just to no avail and then people hate us for the effort. i dont know exactly im very tired and i cant come up with a good example.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:50 pm
@Brent cv,
I hate the world. Smile
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:20 pm
@Brent cv,
You must count to a hundred often, ndjs?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:22 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
*translation*
They too often forget about our help? Heck yeh, we didn't do it for them, we did it for our own sake. I don't think we have eve asked for a thanks. We do it because we can. I believe we are the first real Democracy that has fought so many times not for life or death, but for a principle. That simple principle is "because we say so". Alot of people do not like it, but it means life to so many others. Whether they are willing to admit it or not doesn't effect our military addressing someone else. .....
*/translation*

yeh....
You guys sure spell funny from MS?
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:44 pm
@Brent cv,
Dammit! Again with the spellchecking!

1....2.....3.....4.....5.....6.....7.....8......9.............10.........11.............................................................
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:25 pm
@Brent cv,
Haha...I'll keep the translations to myself from this point on. Just bothers me.
And Nick...chill...it's all good.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:11 am
@Brent cv,
Everybody views us differently. I have a friend that is visiting from Peru. He says we are a society that lives in fear and that the Govt feeds this fear to us. He was referring mainly to terrorists. I told him no we don't live in fear, we are now aware of the threat, we took it for granted before and look what happened to us on 9/11. I like the fact that we are aware of a terrorist threat and we are doing something about it. We should be proactive with every problem that faces us instead of sitting around for something to happen.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:32 am
@Brent cv,
I believe your Peruvian friend is right to a point. I think he was referencing to the welfare state. I have a friend that had no mom and a fulltime drunk dad. They had every social program including free housing, food stamps, WIC. Growing up his father would tell him and his younger brother that when the social workers came around they were trying to take there food away from them. What does any kid think when there told that? They learn how to Hate! You get those young minds to think there stuff is goinng to be taken away they will fight tooth and nail. All the while all that was required was for the father to get off his ass and provide for his kids. Now my friend believe that if those social services would of not been provided for so long his father would not of died from liver failure. He believes getting all those freebys is the reason his dad was allowed to drink himself to death. I think that's what your friend ment by "Kept in Fear." Fear of what? Some one taking your food.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 02:52 pm
@Brent cv,
Our social programs are all sorts of messed up.

I was at the grocery store buying milk, and this large 'african-american' woman with a Louis Vuitton (sp?) purse and 5 young kids bought $471.83 of groceries, which included several bottles of wine and other alcohol. WITH FOOD STAMPS.
And since my milk only took a second to pay for, I was right behind her in the parking lot. She had parked next to me, in a brand new Lincoln Navigator on 24" wheels.

And this is the best part. Vanity plate:
BEBLACK
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 03:06 pm
@Brent cv,
Perfect example. That black women probably has her kids believing they will starve if they lose there commodities/welfare? That my friend is how you breed fear.
0 Replies