Bush: No Tax Hikes

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:29 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169618,00.html

Can we honestly expect the government to cut spending?

"Right now, it's falling on the taxpayer broadly, but also on that next generation," Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said during a congressional trip to New Orleans.

When does anything the government do not fall on the taxpayer????

Sigh....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,604 • Replies: 14
No top replies

lowflyn

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:04 pm
@Brent cv,
They could start by not paying ppl as much on the coast. I know as far as demolition goes, the guys driving the bulldozers are getting over 10k a house to demolish and pile them up.
I'm not looking forward to seeing how this turns out...gonna be paying for this for a while.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 12:42 am
@Brent cv,
The government should never need to raise taxes ever again. If the government was ran like a business, we'd be pulling a ******* huge profit every year.
oaktonarcher

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 02:22 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
The government should never need to raise taxes ever again. If the government was ran like a business, we'd be pulling a ******* huge profit every year.

i wish, we need some of it, but as a whole the government has gotten way to big and disorderly. sigh you heard right, the most liberal person on this board really just said that.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 11:09 am
@Brent cv,
I really don't know where the hell they're gonna get the money for all of this w/o increasing taxes. The president says to avoid an increase in taxes he will cut some Govt programs...yeah ok, the social programs are always the first to go:nope:
Brent cv

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 12:48 pm
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
I really don't know where the hell they're gonna get the money for all of this w/o increasing taxes. The president says to avoid an increase in taxes he will cut some Govt programs...yeah ok, the social programs are always the first to go:nope:

The government always says they will cut spending.

Yea thats really happened...
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:18 pm
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:

There will be no social security left by the time I want to apply for it, I've given up on that.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 09:27 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
There will be no social security left by the time I want to apply for it, I've given up on that.

Social Security should be 100% optional.

I dont need the government telling me how to save my money.
JEB007

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:11 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Social Security should be 100% optional.

I dont need the government telling me how to save my money.

You are not really saving anything, you are paying for the retirees of today.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 10:56 am
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
You are not really saving anything, you are paying for the retirees of today.

I know which pisses me off even more
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 11:47 am
@Brent cv,
I will be collecting SS in 2-3 years and it pisses me off that you guys coming after me won't get much or any at all . This is because of gov't mismanagement of the SS system . They have constantly "borrowed " from SS and never paid back !
Private investment and job longevity with good retirement plans is the only way you younger guys will be able to retire comfortably . I also don't like the plan being proposed to have you "invest" part of your income through the SS system .
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 06:47 pm
@Brent cv,
the SS system is stupid and our generation will get screwed on it.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:32 pm
@Brent cv,
Looking at my paychecks from this summer till now, it's ridiculous the amount I've paid into this now worthless program.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 08:35 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
Looking at my paychecks from this summer till now, it's ridiculous the amount I've paid into this now worthless program.

Yea it just ticks me off when I see that every two weeks
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:41 am
@Brent cv,
Well I don't mind paying it right now. I have a grandmother that is enjoying the benefits of what they take from my paycheck; its not much, but she manages. As far as my retirement, I have already started saving up. I do not intend on relying on the Govt when I'm old.
0 Replies