1
   

Bush's Approval Rating "All Time Low"

 
 
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 03:59 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169469,00.html

I am guessing Katrina caused this.... I wonder how the Mayor and Govenor's approval ratings are in Louisiana?

Mayor Nagin and Gov. Blanco should be fired in my opinion for not going through with their own evacuation plan.

I mean is there not someone down there already on trial for negligent homicide?

Is this not what they did as well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,729 • Replies: 10
No top replies

 
ndjs
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 10:57 pm
@Brent cv,
Bush doesn't care. He's where he is now and nothing short of an impeachment can change that. IMO, he did do everything in his power at the time, or as much as was logical.

Bush took full responsiblity, immediately followed by the LA governor taking full responsibilty. The only one we haven't heard from is the New Orleans mayor, with whom lies a good deal of the responsibility. I bet we won't hear crap from him.

Bush is the only one eligible for blame here. He's white, and a man.

LA Governor: woman.
N.O. Mayor: black.

That's the story.
Brent cv
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 10:58 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Bush doesn't care. He's where he is now and nothing short of an impeachment can change that. IMO, he did do everything in his power at the time, or as much as was logical.

Bush took full responsiblity, immediately followed by the LA governor taking full responsibilty. The only one we haven't heard from is the New Orleans mayor, with whom lies a good deal of the responsibility. I bet we won't hear crap from him.

Bush is the only one eligible for blame here. He's white, and a man.

LA Governor: woman.
N.O. Mayor: black.

That's the story.

By George... I think your on to something!
0 Replies
 
ndjs
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:15 pm
@Brent cv,
:cool:

I got into an argument today with a friend of mine about this, and that is the conclusion I came to.
0 Replies
 
JEB007
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:18 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
Bush doesn't care. He's where he is now and nothing short of an impeachment can change that. IMO, he did do everything in his power at the time, or as much as was logical.

Bush took full responsiblity, immediately followed by the LA governor taking full responsibilty. The only one we haven't heard from is the New Orleans mayor, with whom lies a good deal of the responsibility. I bet we won't hear crap from him.

Bush is the only one eligible for blame here. He's white, and a man.

LA Governor: woman.
N.O. Mayor: black.

That's the story.


nah'
Bush is the one eligible for blame because he represents the Federal Govt. And the people expect the federal govt to respond swiftly and unfortunatelly this time it did not happen.
0 Replies
 
Curmudgeon
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
@Brent cv,
Didn't I read somewhere that the response to Katrina was 2 days quicker than the response to the storm that devastaed Homestead , Fl. ?
JEB007
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
Didn't I read somewhere that the response to Katrina was 2 days quicker than the response to the storm that devastaed Homestead , Fl. ?

To be honest I really don't know about that, a link would be helpful. But if that is the case then it was way to slow back then. We have to admit we were not ready at a local and federal level.
Curmudgeon
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 09:53 am
@JEB007,
Concerning response time :
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05254/568876.stm
0 Replies
 
Brent cv
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:45 am
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
To be honest I really don't know about that, a link would be helpful. But if that is the case then it was way to slow back then. We have to admit we were not ready at a local and federal level.

Nobody in the media.. and I mean nobody is putting heat on Nagin for his lack of preperation and for not following their own evacuation plan.

All the hit is being put on Bush

That is just wrong
JEB007
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:15 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Nobody in the media.. and I mean nobody is putting heat on Nagin for his lack of preperation and for not following their own evacuation plan.

All the hit is being put on Bush

That is just wrong


I'm not saying its right. You have read posts from me before stating that I think it's stupid to blame a single person.
All I'm sayin is that it is my opinion that people are blaiming the president because he represents the Federal Govt. Not because he is a white male.
0 Replies
 
ndjs
 
  1  
Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:46 pm
@Brent cv,
Maybe that's not the sole reason, but I guarantee that it plays a role.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Bush's Approval Rating "All Time Low"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 09:17:47