The education system sucks

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:12 pm
Period,

A friend of mine is required by the State of Alabama to take an Introduction to College Class. This is now required for all incoming freshman starting the 2005-2006 year.

Now this is not a free class... yes that means everyone is required to pay for a class called Introduction to college....

Now you may ask what is taught...

Well how about scavenger hunts in the school catolog... yea that is right... College Freshman required to go on scavenger hunts.

Now this is just a small drop of problems in the hell hole of our education system. Useless classes being required and useless requirements on what needs to be taught in basic classes.

It is our education, we should be responsible for taking the classes we need to expand our knowledge on our desired degree.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,584 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:36 pm
@Brent cv,
I'm a product. It's not all it could be, and there are a lot of really stupid things going on in it, but you get out what you put in.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:44 am
@Brent cv,
I'll agree standards are not as high as in other countries, but at least here the Govt cares that kids get an education.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:12 am
@Brent cv,
I understand where you're comin from Brent, I have a few friends that are having to take a similar class here, freaking stupid to me.
0 Replies