Iraqi Consitution

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:42 pm
Will we ever see the different groups in Iraq get along?

I guess we can relate it to our country as this:

The United States has been surpressed by a dicator for 20 years... France Laughing decides the Dicator is a threat to their security and invades us, removing the dicator and setting us free.

Now we have the two original main parties drafting a new constituion... republicans and democrats.

How are we suppose to agree on something like that when we can not even fix social security?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,620 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Seph

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:46 pm
@Brent cv,
We can get along with each other though, political views aren't as deep as religion is to those people.

I don't think we will ever get along with one another.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:48 pm
@Brent cv,
Keep in mind when our Constituion was written we did share the same religous belief and a common goal.

There are different religions and plenty of different beliefs involved in the Iraqi process.
0 Replies

Seph

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:57 pm
@Brent cv,
What were our religious belief differences back then?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:59 pm
@Brent cv,
We did not have different religous beliefs. I said Iraqis do now.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 12:01 am
@Brent cv,
Who are we to make them get along? They've only been hating each other for thousands of years.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 12:06 am
@Brent cv,
Exactly, which is why this war is so iffy now.

Yes Sadaam should have been removed.

Now what? Can we really, after all these soldiers have lost their lives, just allow it to go back to the way it was?
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 03:08 pm
@Brent cv,
no we cant back out by any means now, its way too late for that. if we leave i will almost promise there will be a civil war, but i think if we stay (which we have to) we might be in the middle of it. i forsee a civil war and i also believe that Iraq will be seperated into 3 diffrent countrys, which i believe would probable sooth alot of tention in Iraq. but thats just my personal opinion. i think we should form Kurdistan (sp?), granted we might be looking at another Israel but i believe the circumstances are diffrent enough to allow it to work. and if we do help the kurds form a their own home land we might even be able have some pull out of turkey by their own will.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 03:12 pm
@Brent cv,
^ I think that is the best idea and would provide the best results.

But its not going to happen and not going to be pushed by the White House or anyone else for that matter.
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
@Brent cv,
no, nobody is going to go after that. esp the white house, they prolly hate that idea
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 11:42 am
@Brent cv,
In any case we have to let them try and figure it out by themselves. They voted this last saturday on there constitution and it looks like it past. So they are on there way. That makes twice something happened they said wouldn't. If we leave it in there hands they are proving they are capable. The sunnis did not refuke the vote of whitch they had the chance. I read in a few places that they had insurgents posted at some polls to assure sunnis could vote there will. Hows that for politics? For not participating they sure look like they are.
0 Replies