How to clear the Consciousness [mind]

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 12:16 am
How to clear the Consciousness [mind]

Now I am going to give you a few of the basic rules of the spiritual science regarding clearing the consciousness [mind]. Here they are: do not wish to have what you do not need, never think of tomorrow, do not look upon the past as the ideal of your life, do not think that the future includes everything. If you keep these rules, they will become the directions that lead you up and ahead – they must be the true directions of the mind.

Imagine thinking now what you are going to have for lunch or supper tomorrow. It is important for you to know what you will have today, and tomorrow should be left aside. You should not think of tomorrow if you have not eaten today. Besides, you should consider one more thing: anything that is against the laws of Nature is a sin. Therefore, any thoughts, feelings or desires that are against the laws of Nature are sinful, unnatural or abnormal. For example, if, in the hottest summer, someone has the urge to put on a fur coat, this is an unnatural desire, not in accordance with the laws of Nature; or if in winter, when it is -35 degrees C, someone decides to put on a silk hat, this is also unnatural. Such desires we consider to be unreasonable. Can it be considered a reasonable desire when someone always wants to be the centre of attention? Such a wish is impossible, unnatural – even if people were willing to do it; they would not be able to watch someone all the time. How, for instance, would they be able to watch someone in their sleep, or how could they possibly watch him or her at night when it is so dark – the very conditions make it impossible. Hence, constantly watching someone requires full awareness of the mind, and such alertness can only be possible on three conditions: when the soul is under the influence of the law of Love, under the influence of the law of Wisdom, and under the influence of the law of Truth.

So, if one is unable to raise one’s awareness to God, believe in Him and aspire for the lofty, great Creatures, one cannot know oneself. If people cannot draw conclusions from the results they see, they cannot know themselves, either. Such people cannot have an alert and active consciousness. They will be very much like the Bulgarian who went to the public bath, tied a piece of thread around his ankle and said to himself:” Let this thread stay on my leg, so that I will not get lost among so many naked strangers. I will easily recognise myself by this thread.”

However, human consciousness has one feature, a quality by which we can always recognise ourselves, otherwise we would get lost forever in the world. There is a quality by which we can always recognise ourselves as individuals. Does one know oneself when asleep? No, one does not. It is not possible to know yourselves in your sleep. When you wake up, you already know yourselves, you are aware of your self; this awareness refers only to the physical world – when one falls asleep, one forgets again. This shows that there is no relationship between the physical world and the law of Love. If there is no relationship between Life and Love, then there cannot be a relationship between Life and Wisdom, between Life and Truth.

I say - when there is no connection between Life and the laws of Love, Wisdom and Truth, people cannot establish any connection between Joy and suffering. For instance, when Joy comes in life, they say that this is only natural, but when suffering comes they find it unnatural. I would like to ask why only the advent of Joy is considered natural and the advent of sorrow unnatural. People do not understand that Joy and sorrow are two states inextricably bound up together. Suffering and Joy are brother and sister – Joy, the sister would come at a point, next would come suffering, the brother.

When Joy enters someone’s home, she opens the window, looks down the road and when she sees the suffering, she calls it in right away – she ignores the fact that people in this home are not glad to see the suffering. Why should a person be displeased with suffering, and pleased with Joy? I am going to explain this through the following example. Imagine that you are in a positive state and Joy pays you a visit - you are glad because it is negative in condition. It appears in front of you as a pretty lassie, whom you are glad to see – you represent the mind, and she represents the heart, which you immediately fall for. This lassie has a brother, who is positive, like you are, and she summons him to come to her; the moment he comes, you are displeased. The brother stands for suffering, which causes your discontent, therefore your discontent comes as a result of the fact that the brother takes his sister and is off with her. Then you say, ”Where did this good-for-nothing come from? How could he rob me of my Joy?” These are images or figures that serve to explain what effects the advent of Joy and sorrow have on people.

So, if people have desires they dearly cherish, they are already disinclined to any other desire that comes to oust or take the place of the first one. They have doubts and suspicion that once robbed of their desire, which they have cherished like the apple of the eye, they will no longer be happy. Joy sometimes comes as a negative state in the shape of a woman and sometimes in a positive state in the shape of a man. If your state is negative in the form of a woman, your Joy will be positive, in the shape of a man, and he will call in from the road the sorrow and the suffering, which will come in the shape of a woman. This shows that there is female sorrow and male sorrow. Female sorrows differ from male sorrows: female sorrows are male, while male sorrows are female. The same applies to joys: female joys are male, and male joys are female. This means that the person who can give a woman Joy can only be a man and vice versa – a woman can receive sorrow only from a person of the same gender - a woman. The same refers to men: a man can afflict sorrow only to a person of the same gender - a man; and a woman can give joy to a man. When someone of the same gender comes to a person, he or she becomes anxious and displeased that the Joy will be taken away. In scientific terms, this means the following: when the idea comes to mind that one can be deprived of something they need, they become dissatisfied. For instance, you are hungry and you have a chunk of bread that you keep as the apple of your eye. Just at this moment someone comes towards you, the man is also hungry and you feel disgruntled because you do not want to give him any of your bread – you think that there will not be enough bread for you. So, that kind of person always wants to take something away from their own gender.

Therefore, suffering comes as a result of deficiency, emptiness or failure to understand Life. When people do not understand themselves, they suffer; when they want to be rich and they cannot, they suffer; when they want to get knowledge and they cannot, they suffer again. Why can't people understand themselves, and be rich, strong, or learned?

There are a number of reasons why one cannot achieve what one wants; sometimes one suffers for others, because they cannot understand Life or because they cannot achieve their desires – so one suffers for oneself, but one also suffers for people.

Now you have come to Rila Mountain for a walk to relax, but how many of you have come to see God, I do not know. You would say,” How come you don’t know? Don’t you know us? ” I say: There are things which even I don’t know. For instance, when I am asked to give my opinion of a person whether he or she is good or bad, and I am not willing to express it, I say that I do not know – only the person can tell you. If you ask me about myself, then I can tell you. You will say, “If so, tell us where do you come from?” I come from Heaven. “From Heaven? Is that true? Where is Heaven, then?” If you do not know where Heaven is, then there is no point in telling you; then I will tell you that I come from hell. “Where is hell?” If you do not know where hell is, then I will tell you that I come from the Earth. Therefore, one can come from three places – from Heaven, from hell or from the Earth. Put in other words, one can descend from God, from the devil, or from people.

Continue to read:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message469470/pg1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 715 • Replies: 0
No top replies