tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:07 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

ribbed condom
gram of coke
$3,000 cash
fake ID

Since you carrying a lot of cash on you I assume you have easy access to more cash then, non? Can a brother spare a $1000?

Wink

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:25 pm
maybe the Birth Certificate in the wallet is a Canadian thing

my uncle died a couple of years ago, after his death my aunt put some stuff aside for me, as the only living male that carries the family name (my father is dead and my uncle only had girls), one of the items was my Grandfathers wallet (he died before i was born), in the wallet was his Birth Certificate, the mark it left in the wallet would suggest that it was carried regularly and not put there after his death
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're in New York.
About three times a month I have to my coop's attorney's office on 3rd Ave. At the desk, I have to show my NY DL every single time.

Why, oh why, do I even stop at the desk?

Joe(because there was some yelling that one time)Nation
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 04:57 pm
$71.00
Visa Debit Card
Food Lion Card
CVS Pharmacy Card
AAA Card
Car Insurance Card
Drivers License
Social Security Card
Medi- Care First Card
10- address Cards with my name and address.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 04:30 am
Quote:
10- address Cards with my name and address.

I need to start carrying around a set of personal cards. Just my name and email, maybe..... Twice in the part four days, I had to write out for someone...name, email, phone number.

Most of the time I just ask for their email and send them the information while they are standing there. But, very rare, I didn't have my phone with me.

Joe(running naked)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 12:17 pm
1. 81/2 x 11 paper with a poem-in-progress on it
2. scrap of paper with a 10 digit number on it. ?
3. $15 - 3 fives
4. copy of A/C license, which I should not carry around, because the ID number on it is also my SS no.
5. Texas driver license, expires 2015
6. AARP card, which I have never used for anything
7. ATM card
8. Kroger Plus shoppers card (we shop at HEB)
9. Medicare card
10. auto insurance
11. photo of my grandson, Dustin, posed on a phony beach
12. Class photos of other grandkids: Bradley, Joey, Austin

mrs edgarblythe carries the credit cards
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgarblythe:
an 8 1/2 x II piece of paper in a wallet? Paging George Costanza.\\
Must be gonna be some long ode...... .

I love finding scraps of paper with inscrutable things written on them especially if it's my handwriting. The other day I found one on my desk: A post-it note that said "Man who dug space". I looked at that yellow piece of paper for a long time and got...... nothing.

Never have used AARP for anything either. Proud Member, though.
They keep sending me car insurance stuff. I don't own a car.

Quote:
11. photo of my grandson, Dustin, posed on a phony beach
12. Class photos of other grandkids: Bradley, Joey, Austin

I'm glad someone is still keeping photos in their wallet. My polling around here has been coming up pretty thin. It's at extremes. Either no pictures at all or "Ohmigod, twenty-five pictures of the same two children and she's going to explain where they were when each of them was taken."

I haven't had anything use for SocialSecurity Card in a dog's age. Maybe two dog's ages. And I was taught early on that it was illegal to use the number for any other ID (1967?) By 1980 people were asking other people to put their number on everything from Loan Applications to Charitable Contributions (The Red Cross after some series of tornadoes cut their way through Catoosa, OK.)

Quote:
mrs edgarblythe carries the credit cards

Oh, this is wisdom. I'm thinking about putting mine in a jar.

Woke up at 5:00AM the other day and, as I was weighing in, my brain said "Man who dug space under house in Austin." Oh, yeah, I said, he dug down about three stories worth. They were afraid the neighborhood was going to fall in the hole.

Brains are funny.

Joe(They work when they feel like it.)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:40 pm
Deep holes under houses in Austin is an oddity no matter how you look at it. For one thing, I have yet to see a basement in this state.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:46 pm
@chai2,
You're right, of course. Driver license, etc. is complete identification. SS card only establishes your legal right to work.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:14 pm
@roger,
Plus, I had mine packed away when I moved here, somewhere in storage. So, I went through the business of getting another one. The paperwork that came with it said not to carry it with you. I suppose that would be on the SSec website too.
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:34 pm
@ossobuco,
You might remember they used to have the printed instruction "Not for Identification".
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:51 pm
@roger,
No, but foggy memory are me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:53 pm
@roger,
now looking at mine on bottom front
"for social security purposes - not for identification"
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 08:29 pm
@roger,
I remember that 'not for identification' part clearly.

I got in trouble once (I've been in trouble so many many times) at a furniture company I worked for.
Anyone purchasing the furniture on a payment plan was required to present a Social Security number. It was my not-so-humble opinion that we could not legally require the surrender of such information. The boys at the top were dumbfounded (and not too pleased) at my reticence.

But somehow, I really should look all this up, while we were away fighting a war (or in my case, spewing pounds of intelligence at people) they somehow made the Social Security Number into some kind of National ID.

I knew the moment had changed when I opened a checking account at Utica National Bank in Tulsa.
They asked for my SSN, I asked why.
They said 'In order to report any interest we pay on your account". I said that the checking account I was opening didn't require them to pay interest.
That was when they informed me that they couldn't offer me a checking account unless I also opened a saving account which would require me to provide them with a SSN.

I sighed.
And filled out the paperwork
Joe(o're the land of the free,....... and the home of ,,,,)Nation
margo

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 08:58 pm
This is an interesting topic - and it has made me look at the stuff I carry around.

Cash - $165 dollars in note, and $4.85 in coins.
2 x American Express cards
2 x Mastercards
1 x automatic teller card
1 x ferry ticket - 10 trip - probably still some credit - old style ticket - and these expire today. First use in February 1998 - shows how often I use the ferries!
1 bus ticket - 10 trip - 7 used. Also old style - expiring today - guess I won't get any more use of of that either - 1st use - December 2008.1 x health insurance card
1 x photo of godson - photo about 2 years old - and godson is 2 years older!
1 x Medicare card
1 x NDSS card - health services scheme
1 x supermarket reward card
1 x store gift card - still with $30.04 credit!
1 x NRMA membership card - road service
1 x drivers licence, expiry August 2014
1 x lotto ticket - from June 2009 - not checked (perhaps I'm a not knowing millionaire!)
1 x Qantas Frequent Flyer card
1 x Malaysian Airlines Enrich card
6 business cards

Yikes! No wonder my shoulder aches sometimes.

My purse / handbag - now that's another question entirely!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 09:25 pm
@Joe Nation,
Want to know something I consider odd? Yes, you do.

The social security administration says you cannot require the presentation of the card for employment, you only have to be given the number. For Homeland Security (formerly INS) you must be presented with an SS Card, or other proof of right to work in the US.

Also, if you have a newer card, and it sounds like you do, take a 10x magnifying glass and examine the line below your signature. I mean, magnify the plain, straight line.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 04:13 am
@Margo: I hate hate hate getting to the 30 day limit of my unlimited MTA card knowing that I haven't gotten my money's worth. It's about $90 for unlimited rides for 30 days, but that means going downtown (and coming back) at least 20 times in that 30 days. Since being unemployed, my major use of the card has been to meet friends for drinks and museum visits a couple of times a month. I get to the expiration date and think "How many did I get?" grrrr.

@Roger: I don't think I have had an actual card from the Social Security Administration since the early '70s.

Joe(I no longer carry around my Master Card)Nation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 08:01 am
I have waaaay too much in my wallet:

Home Depot card
Discover card
Visa card
Shell card
AMEX card
Massage Envy card (not sure where that came from)
Kohl’s card
TJMaxx card (good grief)
Another Visa card
Sport Chalet “action pass”
CVS rewards card
Fry’s VIP card
Safeway club card
Bashas’ reward card
Driving range card (range balls)
Library card
Phoenix golf card
MasterCard card
Medical insurance card
Sam’s Club card
Arizona drivers license
Car insurance card
Photo of my wife
Photo of me and my wife
Photo of my kids
Colorado Bar Association card
Arizona Bar Association card
Kansas Bar Association card
American Bar Association card
Arizona Court’s card
Several business cards
Voter ID card
Best Buy rewards card
World Market coffee club card
Game Stop card
$91 (that’s unusual … I normally don’t carry any cash)
Several receipts.

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 08:29 am
@Ticomaya,
That is a lot of stuff.
Haven't the barristers of the Southwest figured out how to make a data base of attorneys-at-law for the various surrounding State Courts so you wouldn't have to bother carrying all that extra ID?
~~
Tico'sWife: Say, what's this Massage Envy card?
Tico: Isn't this a great picture of you and me?
Tico'sWife: Did you hear me?
Tico: Look! And here are the kids!! Those scamps.
Tico'sWife: What's with this card?
Tico: I was just thinking. I was looking at this picture of you and I and I was thinking maybe you would like to have your hair and make-up all done up special for the terrific dinner I have planned for us this weekend.
Tico'sWife: Maybe I'll see if Massage Envy has an hour and a half session with a facial.
Tico: That would be good (hands her AMEX card)
Tico'swife: I bet there is a dress shop or two nearby to the Massage Envy place.
Tico: I wouldn't know, but you should definitely check it out.

Joe(Could have told her it was because of a golf injured shoulder)Nation
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:02 pm
I got blurred vision reading tico's list.
0 Replies