Hello, there

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:06 pm
Hello, I'm KnyteTrypper. I just found this lively forum today, and decided to join in the fun. I'm a fellow bot enthusiast, and found this site through the link at Waggery AI. I'm also into sci-fi and fantasy, RPG videogames, Grateful Dead music, the occult and paranormal, pro wrestling, cats, and a lot of other stuff. We live in an interesting world. I'm looking forward to a lot of interesting discussions, here. It looks like I've found the right place for it.

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:07 pm
Welcome . . . please stay on the marked paths, and please do not feed the animals . . .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:09 pm
And what the hell might a paranormal, pro wrestling, cat be?

Do make yourself at home here, KnyteTrypper.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:10 pm
Omigod, you're not supposed to feed the animals!!!???

Welcome
0 Replies

KnyteTrypper

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 06:45 am
roger wrote:
And what the hell might a paranormal, pro wrestling, cat be?

Do make yourself at home here, KnyteTrypper.

Thanks. The current ppc is Ernest Miller. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:17 am
Welcome to A2K :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:46 am
KnyteTrypper- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy We have a great bunch of folks here!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 08:47 am
A paranormal, pro wrestling cat is the kind that lets you pet them on the belly while it grips your hands in it's paws (no claws) until it senses that, three rooms away, your spouse is about to open the drawer containing the can opener.

It is also the kind of animal I have been feeding here.
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 06:50 am
Hey, there, KnyteTrypper! This is a wonderful place (made so in large part by Mr. Nation...but, I'm biased)!

Anyway, I also love the Grateful Dead and am interested in the paranormal. As to sci-fi, do you like any old tv...like the original Star Trek and/or the original Twilight Zone? I love both.

I'm glad you're among us 11/03 newbies!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 07:00 am
Hiya KnyteTrypper. Sounds like we will all get along. Question: You mention a love for the Grateful Dead, but I was curious if your nom de net was inspired by Dr. John?
0 Replies

KnyteTrypper

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:32 pm
Thanks for the kind welcome
Thanks for the kind welcome, folks. Cav fancier, my nick may have been subconsciously influenced by Dr. John. I've actually seen Dr. John in performance (warming up for the Allman Bros, I believe it was), but it refers more to my generally nocturnal lifestyle. Daysleeper just doesn't have much of a ring to it, now, does it? Suzettte, I think my favoriteTV sci-fi has to be the original Outer Limits. Good scripts, quality actors, and $4.95 for special effects, lol. How can you beat it? Admittedly, Rod Serling's Twilight Zone came close, but in my opinion, Outer Limits takes the prize by a slight margin. I'm afraid I was never much of a Trekkie. It was interesting in a space-Western sort of way, and gave us cultural icons like Kirk and Spock, but the fi was a little low on sci. My first Dead show was a free show in Golden Gate Park with the Grateful Dead and the Jefferson Airplane. It made a believer of me. I got to see all incarnations of the band except the present one. The yearly festival in Tennessee is not too far from me, but unfortunately, bad health makes me not very traveleable, these days. Maybe next year. Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks, folks, for your kind words of welcome. I think I'm going to like it, here.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:41 pm
Have to agree on Star Trek. Pure space opera.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:29 pm
hi knyte, welcome welcome welcome. uhm, i pretty much just like to talk, so if i perhaps pop up in your thread and say only like...1 thing that's only vaguely related - fear not - because uhm....well....just fear not :-) on with your posting now Wink
0 Replies

ThunderWalk

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 03:18 am
Hello. I'm an online acquaintance of the late KnyteTrypper. Richard Gray passed away Saturday evening, November 25, 2006 at home, in his sleep. Born on July 10, 1950, he was just 56 years old and lived in Sheffield, Alabama. Among his many fields of interest was something called "chatbots," and he had several web sites devoted to the topic, which his friends continue to maintain in his honor. He was a very special person.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 03:23 am
@ThunderWalk,
Thanks for getting back to us with that. We didn't get to know him well, but anyone whose cat was a pro wrestler should have fit in well.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 01:19 pm
@ThunderWalk,
ThunderWalk wrote:

Richard Gray passed away Saturday evening, November 25, 2006 at home, in his sleep. Born on July 10, 1950, he was just 56 years old

I'm real sorry to read this.

I never the knew the bloke, or talked to him, but anyone who dies that young deserves some recognition.

My condolences to you and his family (should he have some).
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 01:49 pm
@ThunderWalk,
Thanks for letting us know. He'd messaged me about working on an AI bot with me and then disappeared and I always wondered why.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 01:51 pm
@ThunderWalk,
Thanks for telling us, ThunderWalk. Have just reread KnyteTrypper's posts. He didn't stick around but he was a natural for a2k.
May he rest in peace.
0 Replies