Storytelling Idol Competition

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:36 pm
Thanks, Joe Nation and onyxelle, for those stories; very different from each other but both well done-
.-realjohnboy-
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:52 pm
Bugger, can you do something about the line spacing/ paragraphs? It's hard to read the big unbroken chunks of text (perhaps Joe Nation and onyxelle wrote them that way, but it's not how they usually post...)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 06:00 pm
I'm also thinking that slowing down the voting a bit might help. Given that this is a huge forum, 24 hours may not be enough time.
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 07:39 pm
The poll will close on Friday at 8:00PM ET

realjohnboy and cavfancier, i need your stories tomorrow or early friday.. thanks
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 06:13 am
Hey Bugger:

Can I enter, or is it too late? Can you still vote for the submissions of others if in the competition?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:52 am
I wonder, with all the Joe Supporters, how did this happen?

Thanks tho.

When needs my next tale be in?
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:24 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Hey Bugger:

Can I enter, or is it too late? Can you still vote for the submissions of others if in the competition?

Yes, you can still enter.

cavfancier and realjohnboy, I need your stories please..

Congrats onyxelle for winning Round 1!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:34 pm
Hmm...calm yer ass down there....I'll get it to you shortly, within 24 hours. Heh heh. Makin' me open Microsoft Word and everything....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:35 pm
I for one welcome drom to the story-fest. Quite the word-meister.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:08 pm
Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes :wink: Cool

Waytogo O!

joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 07:50 pm
taptaptap......waiting for round 2.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:56 pm
Gus: I Hardly think so. Did you make your wooden thingies?

Joe: thanks so much.
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 10:49 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Hmm...calm yer ass down there....I'll get it to you shortly, within 24 hours. Heh heh. Makin' me open Microsoft Word and everything....

look who's talking.. just remindin' cav, just remindin'

i want to get this thing done and over with...
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 01:27 am
What was the final score of round 1
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 03:00 am
I know how Al Gore feels, the score was tied at Eight PM ET and still tied when I went to bed about about ten. Sometime after that I lost by a vote, but like Al, I deserved to lose.

He presented an awkward face, I presented an awkward tale.

Arrow Re: deadlines
I thought I had cured my hatred of deadlines and my tendency to wait till too late, but that was certainly the case here.
I waited too long to begin writing and by the time the ladies arrived in my story I realized I would either have to stay home from work and write about 10,000 words to do the subjects justice or dump out somehow and get on the subway. I had Eddie pick up his coat. It made the ending sour and I wasn't happy with it. Neither were more than half of the voters.

But

I'm already re-writing it.
I have Swellen leaving Eddie fifteen months ago rather than years and they are both thus considerably younger. It's still a story about manners and the city, the city and the single straight man. When it's finished, maybe I'll put it in Original Writing but no promises, or Laughing deadlines.

Best of luck to all

Joe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:44 am
I liked both stories; with very different styles both had flaws but both had Zing. I wanna see Joe's rewrite...

I might join in storytelling one of these times. I fall into storytelling by accident. Even then they tend to be anecdotally small, thus actually planning a tale scares me. But not yet....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:48 am
I'd like to resurrect the Abuzz thread wherein ChunChun (who, by the way, I miss seeing around) and Jespah, and I to some smaller extent, and was it Cav? and a few others, got into the continuing saga of a certain Drake; would love to reread that, but have no idea how to drag it up to the abuzz surface.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 11:02 am
All done Bugger...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 02:41 pm
Me, too. I sent in my entry just minutes ago.
realjohnboy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 02:50 pm
awaiting the second round.....

Osso, do you remember the christmas story? All done in verse? There was santa and reindeer, of course, but also a prostitue... and.... what else....
0 Replies