Storytelling Idol Competition

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 12:35 pm
Storytelling Idol

Judges

Bugger20
{available}
{available}

Contestant Notes: (This will be an 6 contestant tourney so enter early)

Contestants will compete in an elimination style tournament with the winner of each match moving on the the next round to face the winner of another match.

Simply express that you would like to compete in this competition and you will be entered in a random draw to see who you will face off against in the first round.

Tournament Tree:

Contestant 1 vs. Contestant 2
Winner of round 1 vs. Contestant 3
Winner of round 2 vs. Contestant 4
Winner of round 3 vs. Contestant 5
Winner of round 4 vs. Contestant 6

Story Notes:

Stories length is the choice of the writer, the judges will choose who's story they feel is "better" the person with the majority of the votes from the 3 judges will move on to the next round. With the eventual winner being crowned Storytelling Idol

Contestants:
Joe Nation
onyxelle
realjohnboy
Cavfancier
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,250 • Replies: 142
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 10:13 pm
I'm in.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 11:05 am
When is a storytelling contest not a contest at all?

When Joe Nation is in :wink: !
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:55 pm
Cool My biggest fan Embarrassed

remember: the first liar ain't gotta chance.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 09:54 pm
uhm...the last story I wrote was in 4th grade...but I'd like to be in anyhow :-)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:00 pm
And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:50 pm
i'm only posting so this can get back to the front page of the 'new topics' list. come on people..write !! write !!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:59 pm
I, too, refuse to compete against Joe Nation.

The man is a storytelling heavyweight.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 01:33 am
ANY time Joe wants to tell a story, I'm listening. But he already knows that.

He is the best. Nobody I know can compete. How about we challenge him to finish stories we start? That could be fun for everyone, if Joe is game.
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 05:14 am
Eva's suggestion sounds good to me.

Joe how about opening a thread on storytelling, We start you finish?
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:38 am
Not that I'm trying to repay {(ahem) or bribe for more (double ahem)} you, Mr. Nation, but I am most certainly willing to take everything you've ever written to every publishing house and go into detailed pitches for each story, essay, book and (sigh) poem Embarrassed Cool ...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:55 pm
I've got a whole file full of his writings, Suzette. I've kept 'em for years. Shall I use them to blackmail him into writing more for us? No, I don't think I'll do that. He's too good a friend.

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe!!! Cool
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 03:23 pm
You have a file full of Joe's writings? Shocked Wow, need any filing done? Say, could you send me the file COD? Or, could I just send you the amount it costs to photocopy them and mail them + labor, of course.

Happy Thanksgiving, Eva!

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe and that lucky woman with you!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 07:23 pm
Stop it Embarrassed
don't.
Don't StOP...o0oo... this feels so good.. Cool

Thank you all
I only speak my mind.....

what an odd little mind.

um

garsh.....
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 08:52 pm
Joe Nation. Who the hell is Joe Nation? Never heard of the bastard. I reckon I can tell more stories before breakfast than he can after he sobers up enough to meet with all the hoitytoity wannabe publishers fawning over him.
Sign me up to participate in the writing. Joe Nation ain't nothing -realjohboy-
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:12 am
Damn, I had it made, ma, I was doing the awshucks and being shy thing, shuffling my feet and looking down to put some tears in my eyes for my acceptance speech then that realjohnboy shows up. Throws his great shadow upon the earth as papa would have said. Shucks, the guy's a walking story machine. Hell, he'll bring a tear to your eye or scare you to death, inspire you to climb a mountain or climb under a chair, make you perspire like you were rain itself and that's just when he says "Howdy'.

It's not like he's book-learned neither, he don't put on airs, but it's like he pulls the creatures of his mind, hell, he pulls the creatures out of your mind, as if out of the air and sets them down before you to marvel at or shudder and cry, weeping at the revealing of your soul.

I'm going in to my room now to sharpen some pencils, going to get some paper and write out some notes about what I'm going to say when realjohnboy whips my ass like a stepchild.

Joe

PS Don't tell papa.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:15 am
i wanna read one....i clicked on your name but i probably didn't scroll down far enough - saw lots of accolades though...

can someone send me a story of his...Joe...can you send me to where you've got a PLETHERA of stories gathered in one place perhaps?

I wrote a story for this apparently non-existent contest already....not for the sake of winning, but to see how it would turn out. I write...but the writing is few and far betwixt *sigh*.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:17 am
Well, I am no storyteller, but I do like a challenge. I'm in.
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:40 am
Well, it's been a long hard fight.

Congratulations on winning, Joe!

(don't worry, I'll never stop :wink: Embarrassed Cool )
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 06:42 am
I have never written stories, bar a couple on Jespah's creative writing threads.

But I cannot even dream of competeing with Joe !
0 Replies