Storytelling Idol Competition

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:08 pm
Oh, and it's a good thing that Joe and I are both entered. We'll keep each other honest. If either of us tries to palm off something we've written in the last five years or so, the other will probably recognize it.

(Note to Joe: The phrase "'Shucks,' God said." is off limits for this contest, okay? Smile )
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:11 pm
Okay, but I'll have to use what She really said. Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 09:20 pm
Okay. I was under the impression that these stories had to be fictional, but nonfiction is fine by me!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 11:16 pm
IF I have time, I'm in. But that's a big ol' IF, so if big ol' IFs are not what is being sought, count me out.

Blatham so needs to get in on this.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 02:50 am
It was a dark and stormy night....what do you think folks, is that a good start?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:42 am
WAIT WAIT WAIT!! Eva can't use the ghost story about the picture frame or any of those cute stories about her adorable child (which he is ) nor anything regarding a certain local politician who could raise the blood pressure of Mother Teresa with his lack of morals. Let's see, what else?

I'll get back to you.......

Oh Cav, what a great start indeed, on a par with "Call me Ishmael."

Joe
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 06:55 am
I was actually thinking of adapting that one, and going with "Call me Burl Ives, except when I'm in tights..." I think that's good. Melville would be proud, I'm sure.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 07:05 am
It's a word picture. Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2003 09:26 am
Joe Nation wrote:
WAIT WAIT WAIT!! Eva can't use the ghost story about the picture frame or any of those cute stories about her adorable child (which he is ) nor anything regarding a certain local politician who could raise the blood pressure of Mother Teresa with his lack of morals. Let's see, what else?

Damn.

I'll see your ghost stories and politician tales and raise you three 9/11 stories, two childhood Christmas tales, and one Annie Kate improv session.
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 12:31 am
Only 5 contestants??.. Oh well, the show must go on!

Tomorrow, Joe Nation and Onyxelle will PM (Private Message) their stories to me.

Instead of judging I think I will make a poll. I will post their stories in a different thread and the members of A2K can vote there. The poll will be open for 24 hours. Whoever gets the most votes wins! and proceeds to the next round. and so on and so on...

Joe and Elle prepare your stories!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 05:16 am
Cool
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:48 pm
Joe Nation?
Onyxelle?

Still don't have your stories!!!

hello? yooooohoooo?!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:55 pm
Give them time, my John 3:16 guy wig wearing canine friend. All shall be revealed.
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:58 pm
are you as excited as I am, cav?

Wink
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 07:04 pm
"Point of order, Mr Bugger," shouts realjohnboy, leaping (actually, limping) from his chair. "A point of order, sir."
"Am I correct, you Bugger, that submissions TO this contest should be original writings FOR this contest and not something we pull out of a file cabinet of polished stories?"
BTW, John Grisham lives a few miles down the road from me. I go through his trash looking for discarded ideas. I haven't found anything yet, but they sure do eat a lot of nachos. -realjohboy-
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 07:47 pm
sorry...had a very berrry busy day.. just got to reading....PM you my tale in a bit.
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:12 pm
k, thanks onyxelle Wink ..i still don't have joe's story
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:21 pm
okie dokes
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 09:25 pm
let my amatuerish self know what you thought bugger (on the PM ya know...don't wanna taint any votes lol)
0 Replies

Bugger20

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 01:23 pm
you can now vote for your favourite stories here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15870
0 Replies