ossobuco

Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:21 pm
@stevecook172001,
Meantime, she reported elsewhere that she took him to a therapist today -
http://able2know.org/topic/153424-1#post-4184282
roger

Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Saw that. A truely remarkable turnaround.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
okey dokey
0 Replies

Katrina96

Tue 22 Jun, 2010 08:24 pm
@Katrina96,
I brought him to a therapist today. he has a follow up appointment in 2 weeks
Philis

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:49 am
@Katrina96,
How was his attitude toward seeing the therapist today and how about his feelings to continue in 2 weeks?
Good Mommy Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 03:00 am
@Katrina96,
Quote:
I brought him to a therapist today. he has a follow up appointment in 2 weeks

excellent.

Did you have any concelling yourself, what about the rest of your family?
spendius

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 04:41 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
yes spendi, tape over his mouth, cuff his hands/legs and toss him in the cellar. that's trick. Of course you could go biblical and have him stoned outside the village gate.

Where did I express any view of that nature? Blame the kid eh? He was a tabula rasa to begin with.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:35 am
@stevecook172001,
Quote:
Aslo, I might add, yong male humans have a tendancy towards defiant ,shitty behaviour merely as a function of being young and male. Mostly, though by no means always, they tend to grow out of it over time.

I love this...so true!
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:59 am
@dyslexia,
Hey dys--you're a Dylan fan aren't you. Stick It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleedin') on your machine. Better still have a look at the Too Hot to Handle version on U tube.
0 Replies

Katrina96

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
@dadpad,
Yes we are going for family counseling on Monday
0 Replies

squinney

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:32 pm
An appointment within a week. Excellent! We have longer waits here, unfortunately. Glad to hear the two of you are rebonding.
0 Replies

Katrina96

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:40 pm
The first thing he wanted to do when we got there was have a race from one side of the rink to the other. He got to the other end before I was even half way there. I couldn't imagine playing hockey. Its too much skating.
0 Replies

Katrina96

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:26 pm
@Katrina96,
I had to take away a day of hockey from him for pushing his little sister underwater at the pool today. I feel bad because I know how much he loves playing hockey. Do you think I did the right thing?
Krumple

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:29 pm
@Katrina96,
Katrina96 wrote:

I had to take away a day of hockey from him for pushing his little sister underwater at the pool today. I feel bad because I know how much he loves playing hockey. Do you think I did the right thing?

I'm not sure, but I do know you are helping me to reaffirm my desire to never have kids. Sounds like nothing more than a constant pain in the ass.
sozobe

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:50 pm
@Katrina96,
Not enough information to know right there -- kids roughhouse at the pool, and a lot of it I wouldn't discipline. Depends a lot on how old the little sister is, how upset she was, what the context was, etc.

I think it would have to be pretty egregious (harm or imminent harm) to jump to taking away a day of hockey (I think middle ground would be something like just making sure he understands he has to be more careful, and that you don't want it to happen again). But again I could see things going either way (mostly-harmless roughhousing that doesn't really warrant a response at all, or actually dangerous behavior, or somewhere in between).
roger

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:54 pm
@sozobe,
Depending on how long he held her under water, I suppose.
0 Replies

Katrina96

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:25 pm
His little sister is 7 and he said he pushed her underwater because she was being a bitch. Those were his exact words.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:30 pm
@sozobe,
I almost never agree with sozobe, it's really just my aversion to common sense. Sometimes (like now), I am forced to agree with her.
0 Replies

stevecook172001

Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:13 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Katrina96 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I do know you are helping me to reaffirm my desire to never have kids. Sounds like nothing more than a constant pain in the ass.

Statistically speaking, having kids is likely to psychologically fulfil you at the most fundamental level. Darwinian evolution will always have it's way. At least, on the whole, it will.

There are always outliers, of course, who will not suffer any deliterious psychological consequences of choosing not to have children.

The question is, do you feel lucky?

Well do ya?..... Wink
spendius

Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:26 pm
@stevecook172001,
Check out Philip Larkin's "This be the Verse" Steve.

Gustave Flaubert said he would rather be thrown into the Seine with a heavy stone tied round his neck than have kids.

And those two are two of the wisest men who ever lived.

And a fair number of Popes were quite wise too.
0 Replies