Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, that is masterful, goodjohnboy!
0 Replies

William

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

AHHHH but you dont understand, The people dont elect the politicians, the people who count the votes elect the politicians.

As much as I would like to agree with you, I'm reasonably sure it's money that counts. That's what elects politicians/not people these days. Those of SPECIAL INTERESTS GROUPS do seem to have a lot of it. He who spends the most on his golden trail usually wins. I could be wrong, and if you know of a time that it didn't in my life time, please by all means tell me.

Money is a symbol that hides any thing substantial or sustainable. It's difficult to know all that one will do to pay those back who shoveled all that money there way so they could make a spectacle of themselves. It doesn't seem to matter today what anyone says. Popularity only seems to fill the bill.

It's an known advertising strategy the more familiar one is with seeing a thing over and over again, the more that one believes it to be true, without regards to the content. Out of sight out of mind.

Hell most politicians don't have a clue as to what to say and do and most don't write the words they say and the things they do on those notorious stumps that have teleprompters now. Some do have excellent memories that allowing them to memorize everything others tell them to say and do. Those others are call 'handlers', they get a big piece of the action too.

It is indeed sad to imagine one in such a lofty post to have to be handled by others. Hell there was one who seem to get off on one handler. I think she was wearing a blue dress. I could be wrong as it is difficult to believe anything anyone says these days as to any thing that is said about any politician. Are they really people or are they just puppets pretending to be people?

William
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I have a copy of the real map of the Dutchmans Gold. I can let you have it reasonably.

Hey, I remember you, you're that guy from Apache Junction Walmart!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:14 pm
110 degrees is a bit hot to be out there hiking around in the Superstition Mountains.

Quote:
3 hikers missing in search of Lost Dutchman treasure
by Stephanie Russo - Jul. 12, 2010 02:51 PM
The Republic | azcentral.com

Three hikers have been missing for nearly a week after setting out to find the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine in the rugged Superstition Mountains east of Mesa, Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies said Monday.

Family members last heard from the three Utah residents Tuesday, when they left to search for the legendary treasure, Sheriff's spokesman Jeffrey Sprong said.

However, when family members had not heard from the three men, they contacted the sheriff's office, which began its search Sunday.

Family members told deputies that Kurtis Merworth, 49, Ardean Charles, 66, and Malcom Meeks, 41, planned on exploring the area during the day and spending the nights in a local motel. Sprong said that probably means the hikers did not have camping provisions.

Two of the men reportedly have medical conditions, and it is not known if they have their medications with them, Sprong said.

Their vehicle was located in the parking lot and according to Sprong, the car appeared to have been there for a few days.

Helicopters monitored the area Sunday, and a rescue team and volunteers were sent to search on horseback Monday. According to Sprong, the rescue teams, which were forced to take breaks in the excessive heat, had not found any clues.

Rescue teams were sent to find Merworth last year when he became lost on another hike to find the Lost Dutchman's gold, Sprong said. No other information regarding his rescue was available.
Philis

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm
Years ago I worked for Kmart's Free Bluelight isp. the cd's were Free everywhere. Then on a a site someone was selling the Free Kmart bluelight cd's and folks were buying them. finish the statement....there's one born everyday.
I have not been to AZ yet and it is still on my list to go. It is very beautiful there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 01:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
Wait.... he did it twice?!?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 02:08 pm
@littlek,
and people think I make this **** up.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 02:40 pm
@littlek,
Give him time. He'll eventually figure the out the way back.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 05:44 pm
.... or he'll be up for the Darwin Award.
roger

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 07:15 pm
@littlek,
Hope he hasn't bred yet.
0 Replies