Victim of politics? or gone too far to be protected by his $

Wilso

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 05:40 am
Whacko Jacko I'm talking about. I'm not a fan, but I'm trying not to prejudge. Sort of concerns me that it all happened on the day of an album release. Or maybe it was good tactics? What's the opinion here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,501 • Replies: 31
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:15 am
They've waited years to grab him for this. They are perhaps being vindictive, considering choice of dates, but, if he is as guilty as I have always believed he is, he doesn't deserve a hit album.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:15 am
Wilso- Honestly, I don't know. I think that there is some reason to be suspicious, but as we say here in the U.S., he is innocent until proven guilty.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 07:52 am
I'm with Phoenix. I honestly don't know what to think about it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 02:58 pm
According to one story I read, he's had attorneys working on this for about 6 months. The reason for the timing is that Jackson was due to leave the US for Paris in a couple of days to start a promotional tour for the new CD.

It's Fox News, so consider the source...but here's the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,103603,00.html
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 03:09 pm
I think they should lock up the parents as well, I mean come on... who sets up a child, everybody knows micheal's strange afflictions.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 03:10 pm
ceili
I agree with that.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 03:13 pm
i don't know what to think about the whole thing...but I'm waiting...waiting...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 04:43 pm
Ceili wrote:
I think they should lock up the parents as well, I mean come on... who sets up a child, everybody knows micheal's strange afflictions.

I also agree.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 05:18 pm
Guilty or innocent I do not know. However, one thing is evident the man is one sick puppy.

As for the parents they should be put on trial as well. In fact they are more culpable the Whacko Jacko. They did put the child in harms way.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 05:46 pm
I agree au.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 05:58 pm
This whole thing is totally weird.

I mean......the chief cop looks more like a child molester than anyone else I've seen, and how come they made sure the entire media would know they were going to the ranch? And what's with all the interviews and press releases?

Law enforcement is way out of control here. Scary as hell, if you ask me.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:01 pm
katya8 wrote:
This whole thing is totally weird.

I mean......the chief cop looks more like a child molester than anyone else I've seen,.

What does a child molester look like? I didn't realize you could detect that tendacy in someone based upon their looks. Please educate me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:05 pm
now butrflynet thats just silly, everyone knows what a child molester looks like, he looks like one of "them", or maybe like my uncle Charlie.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:06 pm
katya8
Not law enforcement but the media . They are into their usual masterbation mode as they are when a celebrity is accused of wrong doing. It drove the war in Iraq out of the news.
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:59 am
Trial by publicity is one of the many dirty tricks in a lawyers bag, If you want a person to settle guilty or not.

Jail the parents, jail the perpetrator and in the famous words of Shakespeare "First we must kill all the Lawyers"
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 02:56 am
I've got to agree with the posts about the parents. How any parent can deliberately leave their child in the company of a person with such a reputation is beyond me. And it doesn't even require knowledge of his reputation. Just look at what this freak had done to his own face. My god he's hideous.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 09:49 am
Ricardo_Tizon wrote:
Jail the parents, jail the perpetrator and in the famous words of Shakespeare "First we must kill all the Lawyers"

Oh please, must we haul out that hoary canard every time?

Here's what Shakespeare wrote in Henry VI, Part 2 (Act IV, scene ii):

Jack Cade. Be brave, then; for your captain is brave, and vows reformation. There shall be in England seven halfpenny loaves sold for a penny; the three-hooped pot shall have ten hoops; and I will make it felony to drink small beer. All the realm shall be in common, and in Cheapside shall my palfrey go to grass. And, when I am king, -- as king I will be,--

All. God save your majesty!

Cade. I thank you, good people; -- there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

Dick the Butcher. The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Cade. Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment? That parchment, being scribbled o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings; but I say, 'tis the bee's wax, for I did but seal once to a thing, and I was never my own man since.

Shakespeare, in other words, puts these sentiments into the mouths of murderous, anarchistic rebels. Lawyers, then, represented an obstacle to the overthrow of order, something that needed to be eliminated before Cade and his cut-throats could establish their "utopian" society.

And, in my humble opinion, that's still the case today.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 11:04 am
Thanks, joe. :-D
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 11:05 am
Does anyone believe that MJ is very very mentally disturbed - and hence all these allegations should be looked in a different light ?
0 Replies