BP Oil spill: TWO Exxon Valdez disasters every day!!! You do the math ...

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:13 pm
BP Oil spill: TWO Exxon Valdez disasters every day!!! You do the math ...

Reposted from Visual Math

OK, here we go... I estimate the flow to be OVER 400,000 BARRELS per day... here's why...

Look at the vids:

http://www.jtnog.org

You do the math.

Massive plume, right?

Watch it closely.

Count 1 second watching how much came out in that 1 second.

Count saying "one thousand one" out loud if you must.

Now, do you think less than 42 gallons leaked out of that huge plume in 1 full second?

If so... you should immediately, and without question, believe everything BPs tells you, including their new estimate of only 80,000+ barrels per day.

BP's original lie was 1,000 barrels per day... they'll just keep raising it, don't worry.

Matt Simmons estimates up to 150,000 per day -- yet, I respectfully disagree because of what my own two eyes tell me.

Now, getting back to what we saw in that 1 second...

In that instant -- in just that 1 second -- visually, I personally would conservatively estimate that AT LEAST *FIVE* barrels were released (210 gallons) -- if not more.

Even if it's only TWO barrels, that would put us at 160,000 barrels flowing per day, where BP claims only 80,000.

432,000 Barrels Per Day

Continue to read:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1103535/pg1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 662 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:32 pm
Too bad his two eyes don't also allow him to read and see that a large portion of that plume is from gas, not oil.
roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
Nevertheless, I can't help but observe that they are now capturing more than they originally conceded was flowing. The number used to be 5,000bbl/day. Last I heard, they were sucking up 10,000/day, and the total was maybe 40,000 to 50,000/day.

I don't have a clue as to the real number, but we are not unjustified is suspecting any numbers they give us in the future.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:52 pm
@roger,
I don't disagree with you Roger. What I disagree with is the very simplistic "method" this writer uses (not taking into account that a large portion of the plume is created by the escaping gas, not purely oil) to justify his hysteria...

Quote:

You do the math.

Massive plume, right?

Watch it closely.

Count 1 second watching how much came out in that 1 second.

Count saying "one thousand one" out loud if you must.

Now, do you think less than 42 gallons leaked out of that huge plume in 1 full second?
roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
Agree.

Too bad even science and measument depend on the point of view of the observer, and I'm not just talking about oil blowouts.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Too bad his two eyes don't also allow him to read and see that a large portion of that plume is from gas, not oil.

The gas is almost as bad as the oil...

Cycloptichorn
roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:02 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And you are going to measure it with the Mark I Eyeball.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:04 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Hahah, it's for dry land use only.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:18 pm
@Solve et Coagula,
BP had a drilled well, did they not? They had a flowing well, with a BOP in place that wasn't able to stop whatever pressure was there; granted the BOP wasn't operating correctly.

Because they had a flowing well, one would think that they should have a pretty reliable idea as to the actual flow.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:21 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

This is what I meant -

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/overlooked_bp_oil_spill_proble.html

Quote:
The oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane, compared with about 5 percent found in typical oil deposits, said John Kessler, a Texas A&M University oceanographer who is studying the impact of methane from the spill.

That means huge quantities of methane have entered the Gulf, scientists say, potentially suffocating marine life and creating "dead zones" where oxygen is so depleted that nothing lives.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies