So You Think You Can Dance

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:41 am
I watched this show last year, and I'm watching again. I've always been sympathetic to dancers. Not great fame (if you don't count Fred Astaire). Not nearly as much money as in other branches of show biz. And the horrible risk of injury.

Great dancing is mesmerizing. I used to go to the ballet frequently. I was moved.

This season on So You Think You Can Dance, there's a dancer whom I believe deserves special attention. He's brilliant. Worth looking for and watching. If anybody's watching, I'm sure you noticed Alex. He's hard to miss. If anybody's interested, this man is a DANCER.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,464 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:56 am
I guess I'm the only one watching.
Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:59 am
@Roberta,
I taped it and watched later (just to avoid the commercials lol). I agree with you about Alex, though. Since I saw Nigel wiping away a tear (as well as the other judges) I predict there will be an Emmy nomination for Sonya for that choreography.

Probably the best first-night dance since I started watching several seasons ago.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:59 am
@Roberta,
I'd watch, but I've not got a tv.
Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:07 am
@ossobuco,
Here you go, Osso....very moving performances by Allison and Alex...(he wanted to be on the show last year, was chosen, but then couldn't get out of his contract with a Florida ballet company)....

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:17 am
@Irishk,
Wow. Good dancer, and also hilarious.
Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
@ossobuco,
He's cute and very boyish Smile...except when he dances. Also, I don't think he's as short as he looks next to the hostess, Cat Deeley. She's, like, 6'3" or something LOL.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:53 pm
@Irishk,
You snooze; you lose.

No longer available due to copyright claim of Dick Clark Productions.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:09 pm
@Roberta,
You aren't the only one. I love this show. It is probably the only "reality" tv show I watch.

I enjoy the dancing, but I enjoy the choreography and story-telling via the music even more. A lot of the costuming leaves more to be desired. I wish the costumers were on par with the choreographers and dancers.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:09 pm
@roger,
Here's Alex's Vegas solo.....hurry, lol.

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:56 pm
@Irishk,
Glad I took the time to download, but what about that judge?

"Listen up. What you gave us was not enough"

What a total bunghole.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 08:20 pm
Okay, we're down to the finale. Will it be Kent, Lauren or Robert?

I think it will be a very close vote between Robert and Lauren with Loren squeaking out a win. They are both very good. Lauren is so good, that tuning in late for one of tonight's performances with Robert, I mistakenly thought she was one of the more experienced all star dance partners dancing with Robert.
Irishk

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 12:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Kent has a huge following among the teenyboppers, so although Robert is my favorite now that Alex is gone, I think it may be between Kent and Lauren.

I've never voted and didn't this time, either. Any of the three is fine with me -- it was a great finale.
Roberta

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 12:54 pm
@Irishk,
Robert is my favorite too.
Irishk

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:03 am
@Roberta,
Aw, Robert came in 3rd. I still think he's the most versatile of the 3 and with his tall good looks, he has a bright future ahead. Congrats to Lauren...Kent, too!
0 Replies