Castro likens Israel to Nazis

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:24 pm
Castro likens Israel to Nazis

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:46:16 GMT

Former Cuban President Fidel Castro's commentary comparing Israeli treatment of Palestinians to the Nazi extermination of Jews has infuriated the Tel Aviv regime.

Castro observed in one of his recent articles that the current treatment of Palestinians by the Tel Aviv regime was reminiscent of Israel sending Palestinian masses to the crematoria, where millions of Jews have been reported exterminated by German Nazis.

"It would seem that the Fuehrer's (Nazi leader Adolf Hitler's) swastika is today Israel's banner," he added, Reuters reported.

Israel claimed that Castro's views were cited by Cuba's diplomatic mission in Geneva amid debate in the United Nations Human Rights Council on Israeli action in the occupied territories.

"With these outrageous comments, Fidel Castro shames his old-time companions and the ideals he always pretended to serve. Che Guevara must be spinning in his grave," claimed Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor.

The ex-Cuban leader, who wrote the article after the recent deadly Israeli attack on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla aid convoy in international waters, had also condemned the assault.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=130430&sectionid=351020202
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 740 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Pangloss

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:09 pm
@Solve et Coagula,
No, Israel's not as bad as Nazi Germany...but it is still pretty bad. Perhaps there are similar intentions there, but the Nazis had the power to carry theirs out.
roger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:49 pm
@Pangloss,
I have to wonder at anyone who cites Fidel Castro as an authority on human rights.
Pangloss

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:52 pm
@roger,
Who ever said that Castro is an authority on human rights?
roger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:13 pm
@Pangloss,
Well, he was cited by the OP.
Pangloss

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:19 pm
@roger,
He just posted an article detailing Castro's opinion...didn't state that the guy's a human rights authority.
roger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:26 pm
@Pangloss,
I've known ol' Solve for a while, but form your own opinion.

He did once post Afghan Girl, for which I am forever grateful.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:49 pm
@roger,
Quote:
I have to wonder at anyone who cites Fidel Castro as an authority on human rights.

He has done a much much better job ensuring the human rights of Cubans than the USA ever did when it held control of Cuba, Roger. Did you miss that history lesson in your Civics class?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:50 pm
@Solve et Coagula,
Quote:
"With these outrageous comments, Fidel Castro shames his old-time companions and the ideals he always pretended to serve. Che Guevara must be spinning in his grave," claimed Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor.

Yigal is full of ****.
0 Replies

LogicTangerine

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:17 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:

No, Israel's not as bad as Nazi Germany...but it is still pretty bad. Perhaps there are similar intentions there, but the Nazis had the power to carry theirs out.

Please enlighten me, how exactly is Israel bad? Are they bad for wanting to protect themselves against crazed terrorists? Here is a fun fact: Israel is a constant target of insane, dogmatic, heavily religious people who would want nothing better than to wipe out all Israelis. How can a government stand idly by while its civilians die on their way to school or work? Imagine getting on your local bus and not even knowing if you're going to get home safe to feed your kids all because some insane fellow loves death so much he is willing to take down a bus filled with civilians for some eternal bliss as promised to him by his make-believe fairy-father.

All Israel does is out of a sense of protection, things escalate when misinformed people filled with hate fail to realize how their violence-loving and human-hating ways are actually bad and, in a sense, scream for their right to kill.

Israel is not bad and Israel is nothing like Nazi Germany, open a history book and you'll plainly see why.
Pangloss

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:33 pm
@LogicTangerine,
LogicTangerine wrote:

Please enlighten me, how exactly is Israel bad? Are they bad for wanting to protect themselves against crazed terrorists? Here is a fun fact: Israel is a constant target of insane, dogmatic, heavily religious people who would want nothing better than to wipe out all Israelis. How can a government stand idly by while its civilians die on their way to school or work? Imagine getting on your local bus and not even knowing if you're going to get home safe to feed your kids all because some insane fellow loves death so much he is willing to take down a bus filled with civilians for some eternal bliss as promised to him by his make-believe fairy-father.

All Israel does is out of a sense of protection, things escalate when misinformed people filled with hate fail to realize how their violence-loving and human-hating ways are actually bad and, in a sense, scream for their right to kill.

Israel is not bad and Israel is nothing like Nazi Germany, open a history book and you'll plainly see why.

Nowhere did I, or would I, condone terrorist acts. Certain Palestinians are committing these acts of violence, but most of them aren't. The Israeli government massacres Palestinians at a rate that is many times the Israeli death count. There is evil being done on both sides, and there are bad intentions on both sides, but Israel has the financial/military backing to inflict far greater damage than do Palestinians with suicide bombs.

Of course Israel isn't like Nazi Germany...the comparison is pretty ridiculous, and is essentially an argumentum ad Hitlerum. But I think Carter was pretty accurate when he compared the situation in the West Bank to apartheid.
0 Replies