Hayfever Trigger

cyd

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:22 pm
I hope someone can help me, I have tried every word I can find on the internet but no luck , I have RYENRAS-, I know I am wrong somewhere I must be, all the other triggers I find won't fit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,005 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:26 pm
@cyd,
Are you thinking of rye grass? I'm not sure it is a trigger, but grasses certainly can be allergy triggers. There's another word I'm trying to remember, so I'll do a little looking.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Aha, I remembered it - ragweed. That's the most famous trigger for seasonal allergies, but not the only one. You might want to look up the words 'hay fever' on Wikipedia.com (put it into the search box on the upper right).

You might also look up 'rye grass' on Wikipedia, or on the regular google.com site, in case it is described as a hay fever allergen there.

I happen to have tested very positive to grasses in allergy testing, but I've never reacted to any of them in every day life.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 11:37 pm
@ossobuco,
I looked them up quickly - they both are hay fever triggers. Here's a link on rye grass: http://www.helium.com/items/1360190-what-you-need-to-know-about-allergies-to-ryegrass

and just look up ragweed allergy on Wiki.
0 Replies

cyd

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:02 am
@ossobuco,
Thankyou for your help, I want to put in Rhinitis but it still will not fit in with the other answers, I have 'Erse' for Gaelic, Slap for the novel, Healy for wicket keeper, salsa for latin dance and spy for SIS or CIA operative, I don't have a clue where I have gone wrong, can you be of anymore help Ossobuco, or anyone that is brainier than I am.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:05 am
@cyd,
It didn't dawn on me this was for a puzzle - is it a crossword type puzzle? Any letters you are sure of? I can tell I haven't done this exact type of c. puzzle.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:16 am
If Osso doesn't come up with a word for you, here's the allergen map from weather.com. They list by state the common allergen triggers for hay fever. I'll let you do the clicking to view each state's list.

http://www.weather.com/activities/health/allergies/common/index.html
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:35 am
@cyd,
do you mean rhinitis? nasal rhinitis is medical speak for runny nose.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 01:08 am
@ossobuco,
I just deleted a post, since I was looking at the problem the wrong way. Hay fever IS a rhinitis (one of the type of rhinitis, anyway). But the triggers are grasses, weeds, pollen..
Looking at Butrflynet's link might be a good idea.
0 Replies