Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

Amoh5

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 06:57 am
@mark noble,
You or anyone else are at liberty to believe or think what you will Mark. I don't expect people to believe what I believe, thats their business not mine.
However, defining perfection in humans from my prespective would be that they don't make any mistakes or errors, and they know everything. Which we both know is highly unlikely...
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:22 am
@Amoh5,
So all-knowing and faultless = perfection? Iyo.
Thus - God (perfection) created imperfection (imperfect beings)?
And teaches 'bitter and sweet waters cannot flow from the same source'.
Amoh5

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:41 am
@mark noble,
God merely implies that we cannot claim perfection over one another, but rather we support one another to achieve success and wellness.
Humility helps us realize and appreciate what we have, and one another...
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:56 am
@Amoh5,
I agree with this.
I just learned it without a deity's guidance.

God (theo) saves/teaches/guides/preserves etc - They who save/teach/guide/preserve Themself.
Therefor - 'Those' actions (attributed to (whatever)) are none but your 'own'.
Amoh - Each person finds guidance via their own experiences.
You require doctrine - I don't.
Amoh5

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 08:21 am
@mark noble,
Thats good I'm glad to hear that you are able to comprehend sensiblity without doctrine.
As for me, if I'm left to my own devices the negatives usually take over me. Thats why I am a Christian who needs a guidance like God and Lord Jesus otherwise I'm just a negative thinking time-bomb. So I wouldn't want to give allegiance to myself not a crazy negative thinking time-bomb anyway.
You know Mark, not all theists think alike. I have a lot of confrontations with a lot of so-called Christians who don't agree with my perception of God or Christianity, but I don't care what they think, I just think what a bunch of idiots. It must be the same story with atheists...
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 08:35 am
@Amoh5,
I'm not an atheist, Amoh.
The OT/NT Qur'an, hindu/buddhistic scriptures, along with gnosticism, pantheism, and a host of all other worship-systems - all aided in my current worldview.
I merely see God as 'all' of those things - And all other things, also.
And I call it 'Nature'.
Amoh5

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 08:49 am
@mark noble,
I too see a lot of good in other religions/perceptions like buddahism, Hinduism/Krishnaism, Sikhism and even some atheism. They all strive to be better/sensible people and help other people not destroy people, which I think is paramount for us as human beings. I believe we can all learn and help one another realize how it is to behave like decent human beings...
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 08:51 am
@Amoh5,
Thus - The 'uderlying' message can arise from many sources.
Amoh5

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:11 am
@mark noble,
For me as a Christian, its all about how much we value human life...
mark noble

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:21 am
@Amoh5,
For me as a me - It's all about me.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 03:28 pm
@Amoh5,
Quote:
I too see a lot of good in other religions/perceptions like buddahism, Hinduism/Krishnaism, Sikhism and even some atheism. They all strive to be better/sensible people and help other people not destroy people, which I think is paramount for us as human beings. I believe we can all learn and help one another realize how it is to behave like decent human beings...

Wow. You sound amazing, "like a prophet.
Amoh5

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 06:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you my friend, you are now very special and highly blessed with revealation powers that no one can match. To help you grow even further I will send you deposit details.
Your special power won't work with payments below 4 figures...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 08:54 am
@Amoh5,
You are too funny. lol
Amoh5

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 09:54 am
@reasoning logic,
Yes,I thought a logical thinking person like you could never fall for any religious scams, but hey I wanted to comment on Trump. I think he'd make a great comedian he cracks me up. However, he'd never make a good politician, he generates too many negative waves and enemies for you guys over there. I like Obama hes very sensible and friendly to everyone. America doesn't need more enemies in this day and age. A guy like Trump is liable to start a World War 3 with his attitude, not to mention new terrorist attacks. He gets everyone angry and up in arms.
But I must say he does make me roll around with laughter watching him and his arrogant theatrical antics...
AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:07 am
@mark noble,
I don't think they do. 95% of my fellow Catholics would agree with what is often said at Mass about the comfort of the Truth. Anyway you generalize about 4 billion people.

Why do you seek solace in hate ? Same thing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:26 pm
@Amoh5,
Many see Trump as a joke, but he's a dangerous joke. His bigotry has many followers, and most are the uneducated and older bigots. It still accounts for about one-third of the American electorate. That's the dangerous scenario.
0 Replies

Expert2

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2016 10:42 am
@Joe Nation,
Open dialogue? :-)
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:19 am
@mark noble,
You have it backwards, If there is a God then those who know His Love and Promises have that solace.

You assume there is no God and then you ask Why people who disagree with you don't agree with you.

This is stupid of you.
mark noble

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 12:54 pm
@AugustineBrother,
You say 'If there is a god'?
Odd thing for a 'believer' to say.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:38 pm
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
You have it backwards, If there is a God then those who know His Love and Promises have that solace.

Those who know his love are believing something that doesn't exist. Any belief in any god is called 'faith.' Faith is the only thing that exists between a believer and their god(s). That's because there is no objective proof that their god exists.

There was research done at Stanford and Yale Universities on prayer. Third party prayer doesn't work.